Los Angeles Times Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2014
Updated Jun 9, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Los Angeles Times.

I participated on an interview inside a university. Very nice recruiter, but don't know if it was a waste of time for both of us. She didn't seem to actually have interest for my profile, so maybe we just both wasted our times.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really hard questions. It was more of a "let's meet you" kind of interview.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Los Angeles Times.

Went through a third party recruitment company. Applied through email to the listing. Showed up and was given a guest pass. They came down to receive me, and we went up the offices upstairs. Large floor of cubicles and messy offices. It was a VERY laid back interview, lots of jokes, very easy questions for this position. I was a little surprised how easy they were. I probably would not have had trouble if I'd been wearing jeans.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to review a landing page "What I would do differently" to remodel it for conversions. It was a terrible landing page, so it was an easy answer.   Answer Question

Brand Publishing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Los Angeles Times in June 2013.

Sent resume online and received an email from recruiter two weeks later. Met with supervising manager and had a standard interview. Also met with a potential co-worker. Sent a thank you email and follow up, and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Both manager and co-worker asked how I felt about the future of newspapers. I lied and told them I remained hopeful.   Answer Question

The Los Angles Times Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Los Angeles Times in September 2010.

I was interviewed and got the position of working within the customer service department of the LA Times.

Interview Questions
    • Please provide circumstances surrounding a complaint that you handled for a company, be specific?.   View Answer
    No that was the salary and that was that!

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Los Angeles Times in November 2009.

one interview, panel.

I did not try to negotiate.

Circulation Forecasting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Los Angeles Times in May 2008.

Contacted via recruiter and introduced to the Circulation Financial Planning Director. Was introduced to the management team and met with numerous managers.

Interview Questions
    • Did I want the job (given the ongoing downturn of the newspaper industry)   View Answer
    My salary negotiation was handled by my recruiter

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Los Angeles Times in December 2007.

was a series of phone interview, in person, and a follow up interview