Los Angeles Times

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Los Angeles Times.

Interview Details – I participated on an interview inside a university. Very nice recruiter, but don't know if it was a waste of time for both of us. She didn't seem to actually have interest for my profile, so maybe we just both wasted our times.

Interview Question – There weren't really hard questions. It was more of a "let's meet you" kind of interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Digital Marketing Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Los Angeles Times.

Interview Details – Went through a third party recruitment company. Applied through email to the listing. Showed up and was given a guest pass. They came down to receive me, and we went up the offices upstairs. Large floor of cubicles and messy offices. It was a VERY laid back interview, lots of jokes, very easy questions for this position. I was a little surprised how easy they were. I probably would not have had trouble if I'd been wearing jeans.

Interview Question – They asked me to review a landing page "What I would do differently" to remodel it for conversions. It was a terrible landing page, so it was an easy answer.   Answer Question

The Los Angles Times Customer Service Interview

The Los Angles Times Customer Service
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Los Angeles Times in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and got the position of working within the customer service department of the LA Times.

Interview Question – Please provide circumstances surrounding a complaint that you handled for a company, be specific?.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No that was the salary and that was that!

Brand Publishing Editor Interview

Brand Publishing Editor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Los Angeles Times in June 2013.

Interview Details – Sent resume online and received an email from recruiter two weeks later. Met with supervising manager and had a standard interview. Also met with a potential co-worker. Sent a thank you email and follow up, and never heard back.

Interview Question – Both manager and co-worker asked how I felt about the future of newspapers. I lied and told them I remained hopeful.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Los Angeles Times in November 2009.

Interview Details – one interview, panel.

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate.

Circulation Forecasting Manager Interview

Circulation Forecasting Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Los Angeles Times in May 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted via recruiter and introduced to the Circulation Financial Planning Director. Was introduced to the management team and met with numerous managers.

Interview Question – Did I want the job (given the ongoing downturn of the newspaper industry)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My salary negotiation was handled by my recruiter

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Los Angeles Times in December 2007.

Interview Details – was a series of phone interview, in person, and a follow up interview

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Los Angeles Times? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Los Angeles Times interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Los Angeles Times employees and interview candidates.