Los Angeles USD

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

English Teacher Interview

English Teacher

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details – Panel with Principal, Administrator, and sometimes there is a teacher or parent.

Interview Question – How would you... scenario questions, but as fellow educators we're made for these off the wall scenarios!   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

English Teacher
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed and processed through the centralized unit downtown. I actually applied to be a substitute just in case I didn't get hired (turned out to be a smart move for many reasons). I called the hiring unit and got updates on who was hiring. Then I contacted the school directly by calling first and then dropping off my resume. I was called for an interview by my first school choice and hired the same day. This was seven years ago, the climate has changed, but the process remains essentially the same.

Interview Question – What would you do with students who are behaving inappropriately in class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask about the specific the teaching position. I was hired for 9th grade English, then after 1 month, my classes changed and I got 10th grade and one section of a 9th grade intervention class.

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!