Los Angeles USD English Teacher Interview Questions

English Teacher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Panel with Principal, Administrator, and sometimes there is a teacher or parent.

Interview Questions
  • How would you... scenario questions, but as fellow educators we're made for these off the wall scenarios!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD in September 2009.

I was initially interviewed and processed through the centralized unit downtown. I actually applied to be a substitute just in case I didn't get hired (turned out to be a smart move for many reasons). I called the hiring unit and got updates on who was hiring. Then I contacted the school directly by calling first and then dropping off my resume. I was called for an interview by my first school choice and hired the same day. This was seven years ago, the climate has changed, but the process remains essentially the same.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with students who are behaving inappropriately in class?   View Answers (2)
    Ask about the specific the teaching position. I was hired for 9th grade English, then after 1 month, my classes changed and I got 10th grade and one section of a 9th grade intervention class.