Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Los Angeles USD
- High School Teacher (5)
- Teacher (4)
- Substitute Teacher (2)
- English Teacher (2)
- Special Education Assistant (2)
- Intern (1)
- Adult Education Teacher (1)
- Adjunct Instructor (1)
- Teacher Assistant (1)
- Senior BSA (1)
- Playground Worker (1)
- ESL Teacher (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Maintenance (1)
- Ecse Teacher (1)
- Mock Interview (1)
- Beyond the Bell After School Program (1)
- Associate Computer Applications Specialist (1)
- Math Teacher, Secondary (1)
- Administrative Intern I (1)
- Credentialed Substitute Teacher Eligibility Interview (1)
- Permanent Special Education Trainee (1)
High School Teacher Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Los Angeles USD.
its was simple as far as meeting with the district to get fingerprinted, and processed. The interview comes from the school site
- basic interview questions regarding situational workplace questions Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD
High School Teacher InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).
I was hired at the school and told to go downtown to process the paperwork. After an hour drive in traffic I was told that the person I had an appointment with had gone for a root canal and would be back in 3 hours. I asked if there was someone else who could process my paperwork and the backup person told me that I couldn't be hired at that school because I am white and their numbers were out of compliance. I waited for the original person and he used a different calculator, so the numbers came out OK!
- How do you control difficult students? 1 Answer
High School Teacher InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day – interviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2011.
I was hired a while back and I think the process has changed but I was screened by two very friendly former teachers at the Beaudry building. Then I was sent out to different schools. I had to do a short lesson in front of a class and it went well and I was hired.
- What are your test scores? (Asked a few years ago when I was looking for another school in the district) 1 Answer
High School Teacher InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAccepted OfferNeutral Experience
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Pacific Palisades, CA) in August 2010.
I was initially hired on an emergency credential, but subsequently got a clear teaching credential, after which I was immediately hired at Palisades Charter High School after one interview. Most questions had to do with discipline not education...very little of which takes place in most LAUSD schools. I was hired because I had just finished teaching for 7 years in France and had gotten my clear credential in 2 quarters. The school I was hired to teach at was high performing when compared to the vast majority of failing LAUSD public schools. The thing that is most frustrating is that it would be easier to fix the problems than to maintain the failure, but there are political reasons for the latter.
- Most questions had to do with discipline not education...very little of which takes place in most LAUSD schools. I was hired because I had just finished teaching for 7 years in France and had gotten my clear credential in 2 quarters. The school I was hired to teach at was high performing when compared to the vast majority of failing LAUSD public schools. The thing that is most frustrating is that it would be easier to fix the problems than to maintain the failure, but there are political reasons for the latter. 1 Answer
No negotiation. Your are ranked in exclusively based on credential, years of service at any school, and units beyond your BA and teaching credential. You top out on the salary scale with 10 years of service, but there are several minor career increments thereafter.
High School Teacher InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Torrance, CA) in May 2008.
Twelve years ago I submitted a cover letter and resume and copies of my transcripts to the main office downtown in Los Angeles. I had a fifteen minute interview with the director of the adult education program. It was a very low key interview. It seemed more like a formality than anything else. Afterwards, I remember having to fill out a large amount of paperwork.
- It has been twelve years so I cannot remember. Answer Question
There was no negotiating. Instructors pay is fixed.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review