Los Angeles USD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.5

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was perfunctionary it was char poetic and obviously not planned well. In the end they over hired . We through 6 weeks of training and many had no job as promised

Interview Questions

• We taught a lesson they asked us about culture and it was easy to answer if you live in the city .   1 Answer

Administrative Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter with my cover letter and resume. I was called a week later and asked if I was still interested. About a week after that, I was given an offer and asked to fill out and send them the official application and paperwork. Then I was contacted and told I would need a TB test. Once that was confirmed, I was scheduled for a processing appointment, and then officially given the position.

Interview Questions

• None, I was surprised by the lack of actual interview. The resume seemed to be good enough.   Answer Question

Ecse Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

a week later after I submitted online application, the HR contacted me for a screening interview. The screening interview includes a response to two scenarios, a mini lesson, and other questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Applied online for a substitute position. I am credentialed. Waited forever (months) with no communication. I had to contact my connection and was able to get an eligibility interview. I thought since it was for a substitute position, the questions would be different but you're asked questions as if you're the teacher of record and would see the students long term and can make long-term decisions regarding the class. Questions were typical teaching interview questions. For other non-credentialed substitute applicants, the interview ends there. But since I'm credentialed, I had to go through the entire interview process as if I was applying for a fulltime record teacher position, even though I was just looking for a sub job. So I had to do a 12 min sample teach and essay writing sample.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

Long process and lacked information on actual job responsibilities. Testing is required and was pretty straight forward. All interview activities are held in downtown Los angeles. The remaing are via phone calls.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just lack of information where you will be assigned. They inform you after exhausting your time. If you hope to work in the valley, you might as well forget about that. They don't throw much resources there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I had one interview for an elementary school teaching position. I was asked several questions, from the standard "Why do you want to work here?" to "Delve into your experience working with children." I am bilingual (Spanish), and the area where the school was located had a majority of Latino students, so that came in handy when explaining my ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to teach at this school and not X school in another district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was straight out of undergrad so there was no negotiation. My salary was set.

Intern Interview

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview process. I got the position after a recommendation through networking. My general impression is that you don't make it into the district without having an "in". Of course, you will have to competent and good at what you do, but you will probably have to network yourself into the mix.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arleta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Arleta, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process began the desired school for employment before the summer. Informal interviews with some of the administrators including the principal. The actual processing took place at an LAUSD office where there were two tests for english and math done by computer. The response was from the processing office took about 6 weeks. First day of work began two months after the initial application at the school.

Permanent Special Education Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

they called me, I went in the next week and met with 3 of the program directors in special education. they loved my responses to their questions and loved that I had experience in education and also my plans to teach in the future.

Interview Questions

• how do you keep students engaged during small group instruction?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watts, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Watts, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of paperwork to fill out and deliver to different floors of headquarters. Many stamps required/boxes to check off. You have to give a sample teach and then answer behavioral questions. This clears you to work for the district but you still need to interview with individual principals. Overall, the difficult part of the interview was getting all of the paperwork filled out correctly and signed by the right person - it seems dated and intentionally tedious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students are trying to leave class?   1 Answer