Los Angeles USD Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You are required to take a bilingual exam if that test is passed then you go for an oral exam. Also for a job interview to be consider for hiring.

Interview Questions

• If I was fluent in both English and spanish   1 Answer

Office Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and the process took about two weeks to complete. I was invited to test through a mass email. There were two rounds of testing before I was invited to be processed in the Mid-cities office. I am still unsure if I will be, or have been, offered a position or not.

Interview Questions

• General mathematics, reading and comprehension questions on the written test. The computer based test included typing abilities and internet software knowledge.   1 Answer

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had to take two test before I got an interview. First one was for English and math. The second one was for computers. Pretty simple took a few weeks

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was perfunctionary it was char poetic and obviously not planned well. In the end they over hired . We through 6 weeks of training and many had no job as promised

Interview Questions

• We taught a lesson they asked us about culture and it was easy to answer if you live in the city .   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter with my cover letter and resume. I was called a week later and asked if I was still interested. About a week after that, I was given an offer and asked to fill out and send them the official application and paperwork. Then I was contacted and told I would need a TB test. Once that was confirmed, I was scheduled for a processing appointment, and then officially given the position.

Interview Questions

• None, I was surprised by the lack of actual interview. The resume seemed to be good enough.   Answer Question

Ecse Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

a week later after I submitted online application, the HR contacted me for a screening interview. The screening interview includes a response to two scenarios, a mini lesson, and other questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Applied online for a substitute position. I am credentialed. Waited forever (months) with no communication. I had to contact my connection and was able to get an eligibility interview. I thought since it was for a substitute position, the questions would be different but you're asked questions as if you're the teacher of record and would see the students long term and can make long-term decisions regarding the class. Questions were typical teaching interview questions. For other non-credentialed substitute applicants, the interview ends there. But since I'm credentialed, I had to go through the entire interview process as if I was applying for a fulltime record teacher position, even though I was just looking for a sub job. So I had to do a 12 min sample teach and essay writing sample.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

Long process and lacked information on actual job responsibilities. Testing is required and was pretty straight forward. All interview activities are held in downtown Los angeles. The remaing are via phone calls.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just lack of information where you will be assigned. They inform you after exhausting your time. If you hope to work in the valley, you might as well forget about that. They don't throw much resources there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Look online for vacancies at the LAUSD website. Submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, Credential Verification, and Letters ofRecommendation to the Site Administrator, in person or via fax. If fully qualified and a top candidate, you will be contacted by phone and an interview will be scheduled. A panel interview with the Site Principal, Assistant Principal and Teacher Advisor will be conducted. You will be given a sheet of paper with the standard interview questions in written form. (The same questions are asked of every candidate.) You are then verbally asked these written questions. As you respond, the panelists make notes and may, or may not, ask you to clarify or elaborate on your responses. After you leave, they convene. If you are deemed a good fit, you will be called and offered a "limited" (non-permanent) position in about a week.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest challenge in the classroom with regard to student behavior management and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I had one interview for an elementary school teaching position. I was asked several questions, from the standard "Why do you want to work here?" to "Delve into your experience working with children." I am bilingual (Spanish), and the area where the school was located had a majority of Latino students, so that came in handy when explaining my ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to teach at this school and not X school in another district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was straight out of undergrad so there was no negotiation. My salary was set.