Los Angeles USD Interview Questions

2.4

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Gate, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in March 2010.

Although being an internal candidate it took awhile to get an interview due to the amount of candidates applying for positions. However, when contacted it was everything went smoothly. The interviewers were the assistant principal of another location, then after clearing that level the final interview was held by the sites principal and assistant principal.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were scenarios of what one would do with a student who was proficient in English but did not want to move up to the next level.   View Answer
    This was during processing and as an exempt rookie there were no perks offered.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in October 2010.

LAUSD has a centralized interview process. All communication was via e-mail. I was given an interview appointment time. The interview consisted of a written exercise (1 hour allotted) and a panel interview (about 30 min). The great thing about this interview process, was they gave you the questions ahead of time so you could be prepared with your best answers. The writing exercise was to write how you would respond to a work situation. The panel interview was with two central office employees, one was a retired school principal, the other was a central office director - neither of whom has any connection to the hiring department, which I thought was a little strange. They also film your interview (I've never had that happen before). Overall it was fine.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe how your current or past work experience has prepared you for this job.   Answer Question

Playground Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2011.

Called a week ahead of interview day, two total interviews, take high school diploma, got asked questions, spent a month waiting on getting fingerprint scanned

Math Teacher, Secondary Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interviewed by a school committee, principal, dept. chair, parent representative, etc. Lengthy hiring process.

No negotiation. Salary is determined by years of experience and education level.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in January 2009.

complete lausd application including resume submit online. complete online certificate training.complete skills test, wait for interview, be prepared to discuss major/ discipline knowledge and real life experience. How your knowledge and current experience can assist and contribute to educating and leading a college class.

Interview Questions
    • how does your current employment and education contribute to educating college level students   View Answer
    • give and example of how your organizational skills helped you to achieve a goal with your previous employer   View Answer

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in December 2008.

General background. Behavioral.

No negotiations.

Teacher Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

I had one interview for an elementary school teaching position. I was asked several questions, from the standard "Why do you want to work here?" to "Delve into your experience working with children." I am bilingual (Spanish), and the area where the school was located had a majority of Latino students, so that came in handy when explaining my ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents if necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply to teach at this school and not X school in another district?   Answer Question
    I was straight out of undergrad so there was no negotiation. My salary was set.

Senior BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in April 2014.

I had one telephonic and one in person interview. Lots of situation based questions were asked and some on SQL to test my technical skills. I got the offer next day after the interview.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in September 2009.

I was initially interviewed and processed through the centralized unit downtown. I actually applied to be a substitute just in case I didn't get hired (turned out to be a smart move for many reasons). I called the hiring unit and got updates on who was hiring. Then I contacted the school directly by calling first and then dropping off my resume. I was called for an interview by my first school choice and hired the same day. This was seven years ago, the climate has changed, but the process remains essentially the same.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with students who are behaving inappropriately in class?   View Answers (2)
    Ask about the specific the teaching position. I was hired for 9th grade English, then after 1 month, my classes changed and I got 10th grade and one section of a 9th grade intervention class.

High School Teacher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

its was simple as far as meeting with the district to get fingerprinted, and processed. The interview comes from the school site

Interview Questions
    • basic interview questions regarding situational workplace questions   Answer Question

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!