Los Angeles USD

22 candidate interviews

Special Education Assistant Interview

Special Education Assistant

Interviewed at Los Angeles USD

Interview Details – There wasn't an official interview when I got hired but I've heard that employees usually sit before a panel consisting of a parent, principal, teacher, and union representative. General questions are asked. They will give you a scenario question and ask what you would do. General reading and math test is administered at a different time, along with fingerprinting.

Interview Question – Scenario questions can be difficult. You never know what they are going to ask so you need to be prepared for any question. Always have the students' safety and privacy in mind.   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

English Teacher

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details – Panel with Principal, Administrator, and sometimes there is a teacher or parent.

Interview Question – How would you... scenario questions, but as fellow educators we're made for these off the wall scenarios!   Answer Question

Mock Interview Interview

Mock Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details – Had a mock interview set up with someone from LA USD.

Interview Question – They were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

High School Teacher Interview

High School Teacher
Torrance, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in May 2008.

Interview Details – Twelve years ago I submitted a cover letter and resume and copies of my transcripts to the main office downtown in Los Angeles. I had a fifteen minute interview with the director of the adult education program. It was a very low key interview. It seemed more like a formality than anything else. Afterwards, I remember having to fill out a large amount of paperwork.

Interview Question – It has been twelve years so I cannot remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Instructors pay is fixed.

Adult Education Teacher Interview

Adult Education Teacher
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details – I got this job by fluke. I applied as an adult ed sub. Called in one night to sub. I asked the administrator du jour to model instruction. She did, and asked if I could handle it. I said I did, and I did. I got the job permanently a few weeks later and never looked back until the recent job cuts have affected my pay and job security..

Negotiation Details – UTLA, the union, and the District, per collective bargaining agreement,

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details – It was fine, as long as you have a college degree and have passed the CBEST.

Interview Question – It has been so long ago; maybe how much math did you have in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. It is what it is.

Special Education Assistant Interview

Special Education Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in June 2013.

Interview Details – Nothing much to it but applying, having minimum courses in child development, and passing a test which is easy.

Interview Question – No interview for the most part.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2010.

Interview Details – once an interview is obtained, the next steps are executed in a standard format similar to corporate functions.

Interview Question – are you subbing at other locations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. hourly rate based on education

Teacher Assistant Interview

Teacher Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired by David Briones who was a former teacher when I attended school there. The hiring process was very informal because of our relationship. I took the district exam, passed both tests with 100% and was eligible to work for any LAUSD school. I went to work for O'Melveny Elementary.

Negotiation Details – None

Teacher Interview

Teacher

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in September 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the Principal she was very charming and professional. Questions asked: How do you differentiate instruction? What experience do you have working with students with special needs? What grade level are you most comfortable teaching?

Interview Questions

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!