Los Angeles USD

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.4

High School Teacher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

its was simple as far as meeting with the district to get fingerprinted, and processed. The interview comes from the school site

Interview Questions
    • basic interview questions regarding situational workplace questions   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

It was fine, as long as you have a college degree and have passed the CBEST.

Interview Questions
    • It has been so long ago; maybe how much math did you have in college?   Answer Question
    None. It is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

I was hired at the school and told to go downtown to process the paperwork. After an hour drive in traffic I was told that the person I had an appointment with had gone for a root canal and would be back in 3 hours. I asked if there was someone else who could process my paperwork and the backup person told me that I couldn't be hired at that school because I am white and their numbers were out of compliance. I waited for the original person and he used a different calculator, so the numbers came out OK!

Interview Questions
    • How do you control difficult students?   View Answer

Mock Interview Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Had a mock interview set up with someone from LA USD.

Special Education Assistant Interview

There wasn't an official interview when I got hired but I've heard that employees usually sit before a panel consisting of a parent, principal, teacher, and union representative. General questions are asked. They will give you a scenario question and ask what you would do. General reading and math test is administered at a different time, along with fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions can be difficult. You never know what they are going to ask so you need to be prepared for any question. Always have the students' safety and privacy in mind.   Answer Question

Special Education Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD in June 2013.

Nothing much to it but applying, having minimum courses in child development, and passing a test which is easy.

Playground Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2011.

Called a week ahead of interview day, two total interviews, take high school diploma, got asked questions, spent a month waiting on getting fingerprint scanned

High School Teacher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2011.

I was hired a while back and I think the process has changed but I was screened by two very friendly former teachers at the Beaudry building. Then I was sent out to different schools. I had to do a short lesson in front of a class and it went well and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What are your test scores? (Asked a few years ago when I was looking for another school in the district)   View Answer

Associate Computer Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD in April 2011.

The interview process was quite long. I had to wait about half an hour before they took me to room for a 90 minute skills test and then I had to wait for almost an hour before I had a half hour interview on a list of questions that I was given to review during the skills test. The interview was done by 2 people and it seemed pretty straight forward. Other than the long wait time, everything seemed kind of Okay.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation in which you took it upon yourself to make the initiative to resolve a problem with a customer.   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD in January 2011.

I was hired by David Briones who was a former teacher when I attended school there. The hiring process was very informal because of our relationship. I took the district exam, passed both tests with 100% and was eligible to work for any LAUSD school. I went to work for O'Melveny Elementary.

None