Los Angeles USD Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated May 19, 2015

2.3

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was perfunctionary it was char poetic and obviously not planned well. In the end they over hired . We through 6 weeks of training and many had no job as promised

Interview Questions

• We taught a lesson they asked us about culture and it was easy to answer if you live in the city .   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arleta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Arleta, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process began the desired school for employment before the summer. Informal interviews with some of the administrators including the principal. The actual processing took place at an LAUSD office where there were two tests for english and math done by computer. The response was from the processing office took about 6 weeks. First day of work began two months after the initial application at the school.

Permanent Special Education Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

they called me, I went in the next week and met with 3 of the program directors in special education. they loved my responses to their questions and loved that I had experience in education and also my plans to teach in the future.

Interview Questions

• how do you keep students engaged during small group instruction?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watts, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Watts, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of paperwork to fill out and deliver to different floors of headquarters. Many stamps required/boxes to check off. You have to give a sample teach and then answer behavioral questions. This clears you to work for the district but you still need to interview with individual principals. Overall, the difficult part of the interview was getting all of the paperwork filled out correctly and signed by the right person - it seems dated and intentionally tedious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students are trying to leave class?   1 Answer

Adult Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got this job by fluke. I applied as an adult ed sub. Called in one night to sub. I asked the administrator du jour to model instruction. She did, and asked if I could handle it. I said I did, and I did. I got the job permanently a few weeks later and never looked back until the recent job cuts have affected my pay and job security..

Negotiation

UTLA, the union, and the District, per collective bargaining agreement,

Senior BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had one telephonic and one in person interview. Lots of situation based questions were asked and some on SQL to test my technical skills. I got the offer next day after the interview.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was fine, as long as you have a college degree and have passed the CBEST.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long ago; maybe how much math did you have in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. It is what it is.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was hired at the school and told to go downtown to process the paperwork. After an hour drive in traffic I was told that the person I had an appointment with had gone for a root canal and would be back in 3 hours. I asked if there was someone else who could process my paperwork and the backup person told me that I couldn't be hired at that school because I am white and their numbers were out of compliance. I waited for the original person and he used a different calculator, so the numbers came out OK!

Interview Questions

• How do you control difficult students?   1 Answer

Special Education Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Nothing much to it but applying, having minimum courses in child development, and passing a test which is easy.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The company had opportunities posted online. Sent a cover letter and resume for multiple jobs. Got called for an interview for 3 of the 16 position that I applied for.

Interview Questions

• -Describe what experience you have.
      -What knowledge do you have in the subject you are applying for?
      -Describe a difficult situation and how did you solve it.

Answer Question