Los Angeles USD Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I had one interview for an elementary school teaching position. I was asked several questions, from the standard "Why do you want to work here?" to "Delve into your experience working with children." I am bilingual (Spanish), and the area where the school was located had a majority of Latino students, so that came in handy when explaining my ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to teach at this school and not X school in another district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was straight out of undergrad so there was no negotiation. My salary was set.

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watts, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles USD (Watts, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of paperwork to fill out and deliver to different floors of headquarters. Many stamps required/boxes to check off. You have to give a sample teach and then answer behavioral questions. This clears you to work for the district but you still need to interview with individual principals. Overall, the difficult part of the interview was getting all of the paperwork filled out correctly and signed by the right person - it seems dated and intentionally tedious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students are trying to leave class?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Los Angeles USD in September 2010.

Interview

Met with the Principal she was very charming and professional. Questions asked: How do you differentiate instruction? What experience do you have working with students with special needs? What grade level are you most comfortable teaching?

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Los Angeles USD in December 2008.

Interview

General background. Behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.