Los Angeles Water and Power Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

3.2

Electrical Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, first one was ranked which puts you in a list and the priority for the second interview goes to the ones on top. The second one was at LADWP (Civic Center) and took about 1.5 hours. The interview had two parts: 1.Technical Writing 2. Oral QA interview. The questions were both technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions specifically related to the job and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

I applied and around a month later I got a phone interview. The phone interview was around 30 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions and one technical question. Two people interviewed me. It was pretty okay; the interviewers were very informative. After a while, the interviewer started asking me about my hobbies and what I liked to do for fun so that made me feel at ease. Know your resume and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to work with a difficult person and how did you resolve that issue.   Answer Question

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first taken to a room to complete a writing assignment where I had to assess a given problem and write about how I would go about solving the problem. After a couple minutes I got sent into another room where two men greeted me and started the interview. They only asked two questions that were non-technical as well as showing me three diagrams where I was supposed to state their purpose and name.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" and "Is there anything else you would like to add that was not in your resume?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power in February 2015.

Interview

Applied at school first, had an interview there, received a score, then approximately 6-12 months later received a second interview. Prior to my second interview, I was asked to take an exam then got called for the second interview.

Civil Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You have an initial interview, you're ranked on a list, and as the Department posts jobs with this title, you receive notices. You respond with your resume. If they like you, they call you back and schedule an interview. Following that interview, you'll be notified. (Estimate 3-9 months for this process)

Interview Questions

• No question was hard if you were awake in 50% of your classes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Student Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

I submitted both my resume and cover letter through email. Then I received a call from my potential supervisor a few weeks later. It was just a simple phone interview. No technical questions. I received an offer and the salary was non-negotiable.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

1st round interview at college campus, was ranked.
    2nd round interview - received letters instructing to say if I was still interested and give an email address. Later, I was emailed a request for a writing sample for additional screening before being called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1st round interview: going over resume, largely behavioral, a few technical questions (why is rebar used in concrete, and steps of water filtration )

2nd round interview : Started out going over background and resume. Asked behavior questions (how have you contributed to an assignment, what do you do if someone interrupts a presentation, etc). Then technical questions related to different water groups (Water sources for la and benefits of each, issues with groundwater replenishing)

Answer Question

Assistant Director of Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process handled by a head hunter who was very professional and assisted me in getting an interview. 45 minute interview with the headhunter followed by an hour video (skype type) interview with Procurement Director and General Manager. Very professional and a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position if it is only guaranteed for a year?   1 Answer

Investment Officer Interview

Application

Interview

A very broad description of qualifications on the job posting landed me interviewing for a position I was not a suitable fit for. There was absolutely no visibility into the interview process beyond being told it would consist of a panel interview and writing test. There was no initial phone interview or conversation prior to the panel interview in which I was able to gauge my interest level in the position. I contemplated canceling my interview altogether as I did not feel it was fair that I was in no way able to prepare. Furthermore, for having such broad qualifications the interview questions were very specific to the job. The whole process was incredibly uncomfortable and embarrassing to be honest.

Civil Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Northridge, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed through college. Be prepared to answer a lot of technical questions about all areas of civil engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is required information to design for shear in a building?   Answer Question