Lotus Business Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Entry Level Account Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through an online job board and called after to speak with someone in HR. They told me that they would look over resumes within the next few days, that way everyone involved in the hiring process could make those decisions together. I was told that if they were interested in my candidacy they would call to discuss everything further. Two days later I was called and set up my initial interview, that I was told would take about a half hour. They person in Human Resources, Bethany, that was spoke with was very pleasant and open on the phone; She was exactly who I had imagined when I came in for my interview as well! I was immediately welcomed and felt at home from the moment I walked in the door. The initial interview was roughly 20 minutes, and the hiring manager was very thorough and answered all of my questions. I was told that they would call me later that afternoon if they were interested in continuing on with the interview process, after they had all reassessed the candidates from the day. (I like that they make all of their decisions as a team.) I was very excited to have gotten the invitation for the 2nd Interview, in which I was told was a job shadow. They set the expectations for what to expect during this interview, and once again were on point and thorough; The interview was exactly how they had told me. After this longer interview, I went home and shortly after received a call from the manager to conduct my 3rd Interview. They told me that they would touch base with the gentleman that did my 2nd Interview, and also speak with the rest of the hiring staff about it, and would be in touch with me within 3 days if they were interested in extending the position.

Interview Question – What do you believe are the defining qualities of a leader and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since they were so straight forward during the interview process, there were no negotiations; I knew what to expect!

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got called for an interview and was pretty excited about the opportunity. The interview process is three interviews. Initially I went in and met with a manager...I'll be honest I hate interviews and I always feel a little uncomfortable and awkward. Everyone there was very welcoming and down to earth. Even the manager was easy-going which made everything much more enjoyable. He asked me about my goals-personal and professional, past experience and how that related to what they were looking for in a candidate and how that would make me a good addition to the company. He took genuine interest in me and my hobbies which I thought was cool. I could tell that he legitimately cared about the interview and was really looking for the right fit for the company...I've interviewed with a lot of companies that made it seem like they could care less and just asked me the same boring questions so it was refreshing to have an actual conversation during this one. He was very straight forward when explaining the company as well as the position and answered all my questions. Overall, it was a personable company and a pretty painless interview thanks to their employees and how comfortable they made me feel. It's a pretty cool company and you can tell they genuinely care about the growth of the company as well as the people that are a part of it.

Interview Question – They asked me about my leadership ability and previous leadership experience. I don't know why but I was unprepared for that one.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was a cake walk.
2 rounds, show them you're a people persona and a go-getter. You're selling direct TV in walmart/Sam's Club/Costco for the love of god.
Think about your offer before you accept it.

Interview Question – This is NOT a salary paid job, this is base plus commission on a draw. That mean's there's some cushion if you have a bad week here and there, but then you owe the company money in some sense after. They're very sneaky about how they present this info to you.
What are you expecting to make at this job?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – They're sales people, they'll sell you the job at the end of the day if you're on the fence. Stand your ground.

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in October 2013.

Interview Details – I came across a number of ads for this company on a university career site and fired off a resume. They called that afternoon to set up an interview for the following day. After agreeing to come in I started to do as much research on the company as I could. The reviews here were quite useful, if not disturbing in some cases, but the job ads and the company website itself were very vague as to what they actually DO. There is a lot of business jargon that doesn't really mean anything, and that seems to be intentional. Most of the content was simply self-congratulatory ephemera, and while that's not totally out of the ordinary, the ratio of this type of content to actual, useful content was a bit disturbing as well. I considered skipping the interview after doing this research, but had already given my word and figured that regardless of what happened it would be a learning experience. It's also worth mentioning that they have job ads posted all over the web and it seems as though they all have different job titles, and slight different descriptions (that actually say very little). On the in-take form there is a line that asked what job you're applying for, and I found this kind of humorous in hindsight because of the vast array of titles in their job postings and the actual position for which they hire.

When I arrived for the interview I was tempted to turn right around and walk back out the door. The office looked more like a set from a hidden camera show than an up-and-coming business. (Was this a Punk'd revival?) Honestly, it looked like they could have moved everything into the office earlier that morning. The only thing that suggested otherwise was the TV mounted on the wall that had cable on it (HGTV no less...) and getting a cable install same day as move in seemed like a bit of a stretch (but certainly doable). As far as I could tell there were only 3 people actually working in the office. Again, not a paragon of dynamism. There were a few other people in the reception area too, which made it feel a bit like a visit to the doctor's office. The point here is that it did not strike me as a particularly warm, welcoming place. It seemed thrown together and quite sterile.

These initial screening interviews seemed to last 5-10 minutes or so. It was clear that no one actually looked at my resume before inviting me in, at least nothing more than the contact information. This seems like a big waste of resources, but that's just one person's opinion. Once the owner looked at my resume it seemed pretty quickly that it was clear this was not a position well-suited to my career goals. This turned out to be less of an interview and more of a brief discussion, albeit one filled with a lot of business jargon. But we didn't even really get into what the company actually DID. It was made clear that it's sales driven and not marketing; that they start EVERYONE at an entry level position; they only promote from within; and that the company appears to be expanding. Because it was clear very early that this would not be a good fit for me I did not bother to ask a lot of the clarifying questions that resulted from my research so unfortunately this review is short on actual details.

It seems that Lotus uses the recruiting strategy of casting a very wide net, hiring everyone they can and seeing who sticks it out and rewarding them. I'm sure this methodology has it's advantages, but undoubtedly it leads to high turnover. This is clearly a company that caters to people fresh out of college with little experience that can be had for minimal pay and simply want to try their hand at sales or get their feet wet in the working world.

I will say, to their credit, that everyone I spoke with at the company was very friendly. The owner was very direct and honest with me, which I greatly appreciated. The receptionist ("HR Director"?) was very nice as well, even with awkward attempts at small talk while waiting for my interview. For the right person I'm sure working here would be an interesting experience, but when they say entry level, they mean bottom of the barrel entry level.

Interview Question – As I mentioned above it was clear from pretty early on that this was not a good fit so none of the questions were very difficult. I was surprised I didn't even get the "tell me about yourself" question though. That one is pretty standard.   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Intern Interview

Marketing and Sales Intern
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in April 2013.

Interview Details – There are three rounds. On the first round they go over your resume and your goals and motivation towards your major and degree since I was applying for an internship role. They also asked me what I hoped to achieve in 3 months and what I though I could contribute
The 2nd round is a field interview which is tough part because they ask you to go to the sales field and meet customers and then the final is on the phone.

Interview Question – My biggest weakness..be ready for that it hits you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really...it was an internship and my friend interned here last year and she really liked it so I wanted to try it.

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went to Lotus Business solutions and interviewed with the company. It was nice to know the parking was free when I got there. Bethany was very nice and was the first person I met at the company. I met with a hiring manager for a first round interview who asked me multiple questions about why I would be a good fit for the company and my goals. He then explained the company and their reason for hiring. The first round interview was very informative and I left with a sense of clarity and excitement. I received a call later that day and was asked to come in for a second. When I arrived for the second interview, I was paired with a top account manager who showed me what a typical day looked like at the company. At lunch the account manager went over advancing through the company and compensation. During the interview, I had an enjoyable time and this interview stood out to me over other interviews. I could tell that the employees enjoyed their job and opportunity at the company. The account manager showed me what and why they did things. After leaving the job shadow, I went back to the office where I met with the manager. He conducted the last interview and asked me why the company would benefit from having me on board. The account manager saw something in me and felt like I would be a good fit. They offered the job to me and I accepted.

Interview Question – "What is your definition of leadership"   View Answer

Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in May 2013.

Interview Details – At Lotus Business Solutions there are two stages of the interview process. The first is a brief interview with the Manager, and if everything goes well with that you will be called by their Human Resources Manager to schedule a second interview. During the second interview, "Shadow Day" you will be taken out into the field with a Top Account Manager to see what the job is really all about, As they say, "eliminate the gray area". During this second interview is your time to ask as many questions as you can think of. As well it is designed to test all of the intangibles people say they have; Work Ethic, People Skills, and Ambition.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Lotus Business Solutions and Why is Lotus Business Solutions a good fit for you?

As well as they ask alot of questions around the individual person. They asked me queston based upon my resume, my hobbies, and what I want to accomplish with my personal and business life. I liked this because it wasnt all the same standard questions that most other companies asked, they were personal and made me feel like they caredn about me as a person and what I was interested in.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were a very transparent company, they were very open to all my questions about the pay structure and growth. As well as answered all other questions I had during the day.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Account Executive Trainee
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions.

Interview Details – Pretty much, send a resume and they'll hire you.

Interview Question – There are none. Obviously nowhere near a real, productive, well-paying job. Only if you're really good at manipulating people into buying some worthless product, door-to-door.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Resembled a pyramid scheme.

Entry Level Management Trainee Interview

Entry Level Management Trainee

Interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions

Interview Details – The first phone call was a bit suspicious. After searching the internet, I could not find out what the actual job was. Words like Dynamic and Leadership are used way too often.

Interview Question – What are you looking for?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This wasn't a real job.

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lotus Business Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – Their ad was very easy to find on Monster.com and was quickly called back by their HR Department within the day. They had scheduled a preliminary interview with me within the next few days where I met with the Manager and Assistant Manager of the company. The interview was very informative and more along the lines of a meet and greet. They scheduled me for a next day full job shadow where I really got to see the in's and out's of the business. They made the picture perfectly clear to me of what exactly I would be doing for the job. I have never seen an interview process as smooth and as detailed as they have done at Lotus Business Solutions. It was very well done.

Interview Question – What do I have that would make me successful in a Sales and Marketing position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, there is a base salary with unlimited commission bonuses. No caps and no quotas.

Worked for Lotus Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!