Louis Dreyfus Commodities

Updated Feb 17, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Commodities.

Applied via OCR, first round was on-campus (brief info session night before) and was 45 min, final round was on-site - casual dinner night before and then standard ~5 hour long interviews. HR is extremely professional and nice!

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions about fit and then some questions about how macro drivers and basic economic theory drive commodities prices and strategy. I was from a non-technical background.   Answer Question

Trader Trainee Interview

There were two segments: problem solving which consisted of a couple of logic puzzles and some finance and trading questions followed by a fit segment with more general questions. There were a couple of general commodities trading questions but nothing too specific. I don't have a background in trading and found them to be okay.

Trader Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Louis Dreyfus Commodities.

Through campus recruiting. There was an info session the night before where they said it would just be a "fit" interview- going over the resume, talking about the company, etc. The interview was 2 30 min ones with a different trader. They both started as standard interviews, but then they asked a few trading questions which I was not prepared for. They said it would be very basic but then dropped a few tricks on me. I don't think they were too difficult but I have had no experience so it threw me off.

Interview Questions
    • asked about corn prices and futures and basis stuff, didn't really understand most of it.   Answer Question

Trader Trainee Interview

I applied through my University career website and was awarded an interview (I believe they interviewed 15 of us). The interview was 2 of them (one sector head and one junior trader) and me. I ended up getting a call back about 2 weeks later and was told they were extending an offer, which I accepted later that week

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral - I.e. testing to see if you're a good fit for the company. Why are you interested in trading? Why commodities? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Commodity Trader Trainee Program Interview

Only a few straightforward brainteasers. Primarily questions meant to examine your personality. Interview was relaxed and enjoyable. Interviewer was very pleasant and not at all trying to intimidate.

Trader Trainee Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Louis Dreyfus Commodities.

Applied through school's recruiting system. Very relaxed OCR 1:1 interview. Mostly fit questions, and a couple technical ones pertaining to commodity markets.

Interview Questions
    • If the futures price of the commodity is higher than the today price, what does that say about market expectations of the commodity?   Answer Question

Trader Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Commodities.

Basic. Initially, it is a phone call. And then if you are successful, you go for face to face interview where there is an excel test ( an hour long), and interview with hr, and managers.

Data Analyst Interview

A total of 6 interviews, 5 different people conducting them 1 on 1 and not counting the preliminary external recruiter questions. 1 interview through Skype, 1 face to face on site. The others were via phone. 2-5 days between interviews. At the end when they looked certain I was the right candidate they waited more than a calendar month before returning feedback and only after I expressed negative experience from the lack of communication after a promising set of 6 interviews. The long wait for feedback is what leaves me with mixed feelings. Other than that I was happy with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions relating to previous work experience, motivation, expected payment, what makes a good team leader, education level questions, tell of a difficult problem and how you dealt with it... Etc.   Answer Question

Industrial Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Louis Dreyfus Commodities.

A waste of time: interviewing with LDC cannot be described better. So think twice before you commit yourself to interview with them: it takes time, money and drives you nowhere.
    No written job description, no clear ideas about who they are looking for, and the more you dig to find out the less you discover. They look like a bunch of people with often inconsistent backgrounds just working together, lacking a shared and common culture and views about the Company. They invite you for a final round of interviews the day of their choice, at the time of their choice, at the place of their choice. Result? When the day finally comes, you travel to their premises and show up on time and, guess what, the top-people you are supposed to meet simply are not there, busy doing the last minute firefighting of the day somewhere else. All for nothing. Nice joke, guys.

Interview Questions
    • All questions, except the few informative ones about your professional background, are centered around a not-so-hidden perspective of "why should we NOT hire you". This way the only thing they get is pushing people to think "why should I NOT work for you". And that's happily the case.   Answer Question

Rotational Training Position Interview

This company primarily deals in commodity trading. Their head office is in Paris. Selected personnel go thorugh an 18 month rotational program in accounting in 3 different countries (in my case, India, Singapore and France) for 6 month each. This program is aimed at chartered accountants with around 2 yearr experience.

Interview Questions
    • SWOT analysis of Louis Dreyfus
      Biggest Competitors