Louis Vuitton North America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went in the store and turned in a resume. I got a call about a week later to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was extremely relaxed (one-on-one) and it lasted for maybe a little over half an hour. We went over my work history, the store environment, and just some back and forth questions for each other. I got a call back within three days to come in again for an interview with the Store Director. However, I actually didn't get to meet the Store Director because she ended up being on a call/meeting so I had another interview with someone else from Management. This interview was a little less relaxed but not to a point where it made me nervous or uncomfortable. This person brought an "interview/hiring process" type handbook and flipped through it as she read off the questions. I was called back a little over a week later by the Store Director and we had a very brief phone call (5 minutes) about the store and what are my expections are...etc. Three days later they called back and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Louis Vuitton? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if the customer doesn't speak English or any other language you know?   1 Answer
    • How do you follow up with the current trends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

pretty conversational they just wanted practical answers. basically asking for behavioral questions and see if you can work under pressure and work well with the manager. They look for previous sales experience and wanted to know how do you handle difficult customers or those demanding for returns. Make sure to be flexible with work hours. A plus if you speak several languages

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Walked in to drop off a resume and was called back later that week for an interview. Had one interview with the category manager and then another with the store director a week later. Called back three months later for a final interview with the district manager. Hired.

Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the Store Director in August 2014 and about a week later I received and email from Human Resources stating that they wanted to meet me. The first interview with the Store Director was about an hour long. We talked about the opportunities of the business as well as demographics and the mall it was located in. It was very relaxed yet direct in terms of the questions asked. A week after I interviewed with Human Resources which was just revisiting how my interview went and she informed me that they would like for me to meet with the Area Director, this took about 2 weeks before we finally spoke. This interview was very in depth, he wanted to know about my previous positions, my management style, some of my successes and how I plan on making business happen if I am selected. It went very well and I was sure at this point I would be job offered and than I received a call from HR and an email from the Store Director stating that they had an internal transfer last minute, however they wanted to keep me in mind for future positions. A month went by and I receive a call from HR again saying they wanted me to meet another store director for a new opportunity that opened up so I did. That went well, and I was told that I would know by the end of the week. Two weeks went by and I later found out that they retracted their notice. I had 4 more interviews after that before I was job offered. watheyupdate.founthatthattheytgretrac

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your management style and what are some of the ways you handle tough situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were made. Offer was in line with what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long about 2 hours. I met with the store director and two other managers. Explained my past expierence as well as how I could apply that to the current role. It was a very professional and poised atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our store than some one else can't?   Answer Question

Bilingual Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

I was contacted right away. The interview was scheduled within the same week. Initial interview was mostly about background, experience and to understand the position requirements better. Second interview was with direct superior. Very specific questions about how I would respond to challenges of the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I assess certain difficulty without prior HR experience.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email about a week later to set up a phone interview. I have to say that I have never encountered such a rude, unprofessional interviewer. He talked over me repeatedly, dismissed nearly everything I said and seemingly purposefully misinterpreted my statements. I realize this could come across as sour grapes but, honestly, it was all I could do to keep my composure. I can't imagine why he wasted his time calling when a) the position I applied for was no longer available and b) he seemed loathe to even consider me for it in the first place. I was professional throughout the call and thanked him for his time but, seriously, what a horrible first point of contact for such a reputable company! If and when the store manager contacts me to follow up I will be very hesistant to move forward. If you are applying to LVNA in the South Eastern district, be on guard in case you have your initial interview with this piece of work.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in fashion or retail.   1 Answer

Leather Goods Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

They called me in and did a background check and that was it

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (Palm Beach, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was short and brief. I was offered the position within 2 days after the interview. the store manager interviewed me at the location with basic questions. The interview was casual quick. I learned about the position on the mall's website and decided to give it a try since I've never had prior retail experience. After submitting my application and resume, I was offered a 1 on 1 interview with the manager of the location. After the offering the pay rate, drug test and background check was done. couple weeks after the offer, I was on board working for the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was brief and conducted by 3 people from what I recall, but met with each other one on one. I found out about the position through my law school, but it was an unpaid externship.