Louis Vuitton North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bilingual Human Resources Specialist Interview

Bilingual Human Resources Specialist
Hollywood, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America.

Interview Details – I was contacted right away. The interview was scheduled within the same week. Initial interview was mostly about background, experience and to understand the position requirements better. Second interview was with direct superior. Very specific questions about how I would respond to challenges of the position.

Interview Question – How would I assess certain difficulty without prior HR experience.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email about a week later to set up a phone interview. I have to say that I have never encountered such a rude, unprofessional interviewer. He talked over me repeatedly, dismissed nearly everything I said and seemingly purposefully misinterpreted my statements. I realize this could come across as sour grapes but, honestly, it was all I could do to keep my composure. I can't imagine why he wasted his time calling when a) the position I applied for was no longer available and b) he seemed loathe to even consider me for it in the first place. I was professional throughout the call and thanked him for his time but, seriously, what a horrible first point of contact for such a reputable company! If and when the store manager contacts me to follow up I will be very hesistant to move forward. If you are applying to LVNA in the South Eastern district, be on guard in case you have your initial interview with this piece of work.

Interview Question – If I was interested in fashion or retail.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Leather Goods Manager Interview

Leather Goods Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in November 2012.

Interview Details – They called me in and did a background check and that was it

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was very good, the store manager is very nice.
Asked couple question about my work history, languages I speak and my background.
Explained the position then asked if I was still interested then it ended.
It took about 10 to 15 mins tops.

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in July 2012.

Interview Details – After I submitted my resume directly at the store I received a call from the manager asking me if I was interested to come in for an interview. The interview setting was very relaxed, we sat in one of the sitting areas in front of the store at the mall. The manager began asking me basic questions about my resume, interests, background and why I wanted to work with the company. He was very respectful and clear with how the store works and what they were looking for. Towards the end of the interview he told me that if they decided to move forward with me they would call me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you had at work with a customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in November 2010.

Interview Details – very easy interview! asked about clienteling.

Interview Question – do you have a strong clientele   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was good, easy, and a kind of friendly.

Interview Question – they asked me about the most important element for me at the store.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – because I have got another offer at time, and I didn't want to let my employer down.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Public Relations Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in October 2011.

Interview Details – I Interviewed for a public relations internship position that a connection told me about. They asked me to come in the next day I emailed, so that felt a little bit rushed and I wish I had more time to prepare. I met with the PR manager for women's wear and menswear respectively. They were both nice and polite, but they made it clear that they are just looking for someone to get coffee, make photocopies, and pack garment bags in the closet.

Interview Question – What do you want to do and how does it apply to this internship   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in September 2009.

Interview Details – The internship (unpaid for school credit) was through my campus's career center. Initial correspondence via email. Then, onto the interviews.

First I met with the assistant, then the manager, then director, and then Senior Vice President. This took a total of 2 trips. Mainly fit questions as this was an unpaid internship for school credit, however, an enthusiasm is definitely helpful.

Easy transition into actual work. Minimal paperwork overall which was nice. Great culture, despite coworkers claiming it was "corporate". Beautiful offices.

Interview Questions

Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in September 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on Louis Vuitton's website and they connected me within the week to schedule the interview. The online application only allow you to submit resume, you don't need to provide additional job history or education background. They did ask you to fill out an actual application before the actual interview. The interview itself was quiet short, maybe they just didn't see me as a fit candidate from first impression.

Interview Question – From your resume, it seems like you have worked in a couple of different fields other than retail, do you think you have sufficient experience for LV?   Answer Question

Worked for Louis Vuitton North America? Contribute to the Community!