Louis Vuitton North America

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America.

Walked in to drop off a resume and was called back later that week for an interview. Had one interview with the category manager and then another with the store director a week later. Called back three months later for a final interview with the district manager. Hired.

Bilingual Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America.

I was contacted right away. The interview was scheduled within the same week. Initial interview was mostly about background, experience and to understand the position requirements better. Second interview was with direct superior. Very specific questions about how I would respond to challenges of the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would I assess certain difficulty without prior HR experience.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in March 2013.

I applied online and was contacted via email about a week later to set up a phone interview. I have to say that I have never encountered such a rude, unprofessional interviewer. He talked over me repeatedly, dismissed nearly everything I said and seemingly purposefully misinterpreted my statements. I realize this could come across as sour grapes but, honestly, it was all I could do to keep my composure. I can't imagine why he wasted his time calling when a) the position I applied for was no longer available and b) he seemed loathe to even consider me for it in the first place. I was professional throughout the call and thanked him for his time but, seriously, what a horrible first point of contact for such a reputable company! If and when the store manager contacts me to follow up I will be very hesistant to move forward. If you are applying to LVNA in the South Eastern district, be on guard in case you have your initial interview with this piece of work.

Interview Questions
    • If I was interested in fashion or retail.   View Answer

Leather Goods Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in November 2012.

They called me in and did a background check and that was it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in July 2012.

After I submitted my resume directly at the store I received a call from the manager asking me if I was interested to come in for an interview. The interview setting was very relaxed, we sat in one of the sitting areas in front of the store at the mall. The manager began asking me basic questions about my resume, interests, background and why I wanted to work with the company. He was very respectful and clear with how the store works and what they were looking for. Towards the end of the interview he told me that if they decided to move forward with me they would call me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had at work with a customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in May 2012.

I was good, easy, and a kind of friendly.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me about the most important element for me at the store.   View Answer

because I have got another offer at time, and I didn't want to let my employer down.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in October 2011.

I Interviewed for a public relations internship position that a connection told me about. They asked me to come in the next day I emailed, so that felt a little bit rushed and I wish I had more time to prepare. I met with the PR manager for women's wear and menswear respectively. They were both nice and polite, but they made it clear that they are just looking for someone to get coffee, make photocopies, and pack garment bags in the closet.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do and how does it apply to this internship   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in November 2010.

very easy interview! asked about clienteling.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in June 2010.

It was very good, the store manager is very nice.
    Asked couple question about my work history, languages I speak and my background.
    Explained the position then asked if I was still interested then it ended.
    It took about 10 to 15 mins tops.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Louis Vuitton North America in September 2009.

The internship (unpaid for school credit) was through my campus's career center. Initial correspondence via email. Then, onto the interviews.

First I met with the assistant, then the manager, then director, and then Senior Vice President. This took a total of 2 trips. Mainly fit questions as this was an unpaid internship for school credit, however, an enthusiasm is definitely helpful.

Easy transition into actual work. Minimal paperwork overall which was nice. Great culture, despite coworkers claiming it was "corporate". Beautiful offices.