Louisiana Legislative Auditor

Louisiana Legislative Auditor Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Louisiana Legislative Auditor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Louisiana Legislative Auditor.

HR called me a few days after submitting a resume and cover letter online. Simple phone questions on first call, brought in for an interview the next week. Called with an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    None allowed, pay is set.

Performance Auditor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Louisiana Legislative Auditor in May 2012.

Roughly 1 month after applying for this position online, I was contacted by HR and invited to an initial interview. The interview was welcoming and conducted by a few members of upper management and also some auditors that were not in management. After the interview, I had to take a test that was based on a scenario and asked to essentially solve the problem using Microsoft Excel. A few weeks later I was invited to a second interview with 3 members of upper management. It was also inviting. I was contacted just a few days later by HR and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The actual interview questions were rather casual, but everyone who interviews for the position has to take the scenario test. Having the ability to analyze a complex scenario, identifying the issues, and coming up with the right solution in Excel was definitely the most difficult part of the interview process. But by all means, it's doable...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Louisiana Legislative Auditor in September 2009.

On line application - telephone contact - 1 on-site interview with Director and Manager that lasted an hour
    Required to write a paragraph on the subject of my choice
    Be prepared to answer all the basic interview questions about strengths, weaknesses, handling pressure, difficult people, and problem solving. Be prepared to discuss what you liked least and best about your last jobs, managers, and co-workers. Also, whether you prefer a quiet environment or a noisy one. Also, an example of a problem and how you solved it.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you deal with difficult people on the job.   Answer Question
    No, not open to negotiation. Ask high and hope for a decent offer.

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Louisiana Legislative Auditor in October 2010.

Applied on a Monday. Phone call from HR Tuesday. Interviewed Thursday.

Lasted 2 hours. May ask candidate to produce writing sample on the spot to test writing ability, creativity, and ability to perform under pressure.

DO:
    1. your homework. Google or bing, enough said.
    2. wear very conservative business attire.
    3. be prepared to ask 30+ questions to show interest.

DO NOT:
    1. have no idea what they do.
    2. look at only the person asking you questions. Interviews are given with at least 2 or 3 people, so look at all of them when answering questions.
    3. tell jokes. This place reminds me of the FBI, without firearms. Security is ridiculously tight.

No negotiation possible.