Louisiana Public Health Institute

Interviews for Top Jobs at Louisiana Public Health Institute

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Louisiana Public Health Institute in March 2012.

The hiring and interview process for an internship was surprisingly formal. They asked questions that people ask those who are applying for full time jobs. The business is very serious about the interview and hiring process, even if the internship is unpaid. The reality is there are lots of persons who are willing to work at LPHI because they are doing lots of exciting work. There is a strong relationship with Tulane, so differentiating oneself from other people is very important. Once you are hired and have signed the contract, the workplace atmosphere is great.

Interview Questions
    • If you have to start a project from scratch, what would you do to ensure that you are meeting the goals you set forth in the future.   Answer Question

Evaluation Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Louisiana Public Health Institute.

The application was online (CL, resume, sample of data analysis), and I had all but forgot that I applied when three weeks later I was called up to come in for an in-person interview. I did that and found that I was being simultaneously interviewed for two separate intern positions (by two supervisors), and that the job description I had initially responded to had been intentionally vague so that specific projects within LPHI can use a general call for intern applicants. I got the details on what the different jobs would entail in the interview, and there were no out-of-the-ordinary interview questions. A full two weeks later I got a phone call and an email with a job offer.

Pay was not touched upon until the emailed job offer, which stated a reasonable hourly wage. Much LPHI work is grant-funded, and it seems to me that the going rate of intern labor is well established, with all the Tulane interns there.