Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center

Coordinator of Medical Service Area Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (New Orleans, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I participated in one telephone interview. The manager was polite, provided many details about the job, except what type of candidate they wanted to hire. The job seemed to want a highly professional staff person, and they seemed willing to wait for the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked me for my weakness, experience working with diverse populations and my ability to multitask.   Answer Question

Computer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2014.

Interview

Slow process, with three levels of interviews with two technical and one HR. with a detailed background of the department and the infrastructure, the interview tests the flexibility and past experience.The salary is low, with minimum negotiation and state government perks. Work is comfortable from 8 to 4. Baton rouge is not so happening but a good place to work with family.

Interview Questions

• Windows related mostly with few MAC and network related like printer   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimum negotiation

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (New Orleans, LA) in December 2008.

Interview

Responded to ad in May. Was called the next week (end of May). Was invited in June for an interview/presentation. Was told I had the job after the visit/interview - this was in July. Didn't receive the offer by the end of July; was called back to interview with higher administration in July - only could meet one of the two critical people during two visits (from Chicago to New Orleans). Finally met the second person in another city that he was visiting. Got the offer in August, and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Stay away from them - they do not keep their word, even if it is in writing. Being a state institution, there are numerous they can get around promises made that involve the state budget.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in August 2008.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel of employees that worked in that specific department. They were people that you would work with if hired. The initial interview via phone and schedule an interview. They asked questions based on your work experience. The day to day responsibilities were addressed and you were asked to describe on a 1 to 10 scale, how effective you could do the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities as an employee?   1 Answer