Louisiana Tech University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.1

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Find a professor you like, mostly you want it will be someone who related to your major, make a meeting and be polite to him/her since you are only a student.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in March 2011.

Interview

not competitive, anyone can get if the professor has funds

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience on the job you are applying   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Question regarding chemical process, fabrication knowledge, discussion on two research papers. He ask lot of question regarding safety and consistency during experiments. Question regarding previous experience as research assistant. Discussion about current research, direction reason and purpose. Employer also asked question regrading experience in programing language, research interest, and research direction

Interview Questions

• What are possible safety measures required during experiment with oxygen plasma? Why oxygen plasma works?   Answer Question

Hall Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

It is a presentation based interview. The presentation they will not tell you what to make it on but i would focus on the key aspects of what a hall director does. (Leadership, communication, ability to relate, and etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be Hall Director?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in September 2008.

Interview

Good Admission packet ..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to continue your Research in physics when the money is clearly elsewhere?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University.

Interview

Very relaxed, very friendly. Search committee/chair was and happy to show me around town and offer housing suggestions.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had submitted the resume to a professor showing my intention to join his group as a postdoctoral research associate. After reviewing he called me for the interview 1:1. Then his senior postdoctoral researcher interviewed me regarding my future interest and endeavors. The decision was made on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   1 Answer
    • How could you contribute to our group for new product development?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any publications?   1 Answer