Love's Country Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.3

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Love's Country Stores.

I did the interview through the University of Oklahoma Career Services office. It was a pretty standard interview but the interviewer asked a lot of behavioral interview questions which kind of threw me off.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to name a situation where I solved a conflict.   Answer Question

GMT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Love's Country Stores.

very forward interview, went very well offered job shortly after, basically keep good eye contact and smile be sure of yourself. if you don't have confidence no one will hire you. show them that you are a awesome person

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Love's Country Stores in June 2014.

Received call for personal interview with district manager. Traveled 100+ miles for interview. Basic questions, pleasant conversation. Then DM told me position is no longer open, filled last night. Offered Marketing manager position with less money and no time table for GM opening. Relocation assistance consists of U Haul rental. I was not interested and would not have made the trip if I had known the truth. DM offered me a free coke..

Interview Questions
    • Would you have a problem mounting and balancing big truck tires?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seguin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seguin, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Love's Country Stores in June 2014.

Meet with Regional manager and was delighted to talk to a positive person regarding the possibilities of grow and whats expected of me. Be ready to locate for advancement many opportunities available. Love's promotes mostly within the company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It was straight forward and since I'm in Management I expected these questions   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Love's Country Stores in May 2014.

This clearly is the most unprofessional and disorganized interview process I have ever been a part of. I applied online, and in a few weeks was contacted by a "divisional recruiter" to gauge my interest. I wanted to move forward in the process, and we scheduled an initial phone interview. 15 minutes after the agreed upon time, I had not received a call, so I called the recruiter, and left him a message. He called back in a few minutes, apologetic about his tardiness, he had gotten caught up unexpectedly in something. No big deal. The interview went well. We agreed to a subsequent in-person interview with a district manager. He would call me back to set that up. This is where the disconnect became very obvious.
    I didn't hear anything for over a week, so I called back to follow up. He apologized and said that he had just been very busy, and set up a day and time while we were talking. On my way to the in-person interview, due to traffic I realized I may be 5 minutes late, so I called the store to let the district manager know I was 5 minutes behind. The store said that the district manager was not there, and that nobody knew anything about any interview. It was over an hour drive for me, mind you. When I got there, it was explained to me that another manager from another store would be coming to interview me. About 30 minutes after the set time, an assistant manager from a nearby store showed up with a blank sheet of paper, and we interviewed. It again went really well, and he said he would submit all of my information.
    To start wrapping this up in summary, I called the divisional recruiter approximately 4-5 times since then to see what the status was, and to try and move this forward. He would no longer answer his phone or return messages. He did call me once and let me know they were still interested, and he was still working on getting me in front of senior leadership. To this day, he still has not responded. I made one last attempt(because the gig did sound good), and sent him an email. He responded quickly to call him, which I did right away. Of course, he didn't answer, and never returned the voice mail. Extremely disrespectful of my time and efforts, and for a "divisional recruiter", wow is all I can say. Not a professional outfit for sure.

Loves required that i drive 1,000 miles for interview

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Love's Country Stores.

Phone interview with the recruiter and then an interview with the District Manager.

Marketing Manager Interview

I had applied for a GMT position that was posted on a job site. Throughout the hiring process I had asked several questions as far as what the difference between a General Manager Trainee and Marketing Manager was. Well best I got was that everyone hired as salaried management was expected to be ready to move up within a year and that everyone was basically a GM in training. Only after being there for several months did I finally get enough information to find out that I was not hired for the position I had applied for. There was actually a different schedule and pay scale that went along with the applied for position that was never mentioned during the interview process or that the position I was being offered was different that the one I had applied for. So just be aware that they are a privately owned company and fly a little loosely with hiring guidelines and the pay structure is fluid to say the least. There are no real set pay scales other than what the hiring DM is willing to pay to get you in the door so make sure you negotiate for what you want to start with because that is what you will get.

Interview Questions
    • The actual interview is very easy and differs little from any other hourly interview. The only question they really dwell on is if you are willing to move for promotion. Basically if you are not willing to relocate they are not interested. They even asked if I owned my home or rented and how I would go about things if I was required to move for a position. Really pushy about it considering you haven't even started working there or decided if you would want to accept a promotion. They want you to be dedicated to the company so much that you will just sell your house and relocate before you even take the drug test. Seemed really strange.   Answer Question
    Told them what I would have to have as a starting pay with my experience and got it with the idea that I would be promoted within 6 to 8 months.

Tire Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salisbury, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Love's Country Stores in April 2014.

The hiring Manger was likeable enough and explained working conditions and benefits well. Unfortunately most of it was a lie. There wasn't EVER a Maintenance person hired to take the facility maintenance (cleaning toilets and showers, emptying trash, pressure washing, mowing,etc., etc., etc!) duties off the Tire Care staff as promised!

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to do some store maintenance when needed?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. The review that was supposed to take place at 90 days never happened! If it did I wasn't present for it and it probably got pencil whipped like most all other paperwork!

Assistant Manager Interview

To be honest they will hire just about anyone. Just be enthusiastic about the job. They turn management so fast due to poor working conditions that they cant be very selective. Basically you will interview with the regional recruiter, then with the district manager and then with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasnt any odd questions or any out of the ordinary for this type of job.   Answer Question
    They offered and I counter offered and they countered again and I accepted. Very easy.

Worked for Love's Country Stores? Contribute to the Community!