Lowe's Assembler Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me about 10 questions and wrote down all my answers. The question were all about my previous experiences on the job. Did you, and have you ever questions. The interviewer wanted me to explain my answers, and go into the past and with detail. It was a workout and seemed draining.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in danger on the Job. Have you ever felt indifferent to a customers wishes but went along anyway. Have you ever had to explain something to a customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is quite simple. They go through your app and questionnaire electronically. Then if you make it through that you will get a call from a human resources person asking you for an interview. From there they will set you up a time and place for said interview. That's when you let your charm loose.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of "tell me a situation when ________ happened." A lot of life and work situations. Pretty simple stuff.   1 Answer

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for several job openings at two Lowe's locations. I received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking if I was interested. I interviewed with the HR person the next day. While I was there, I also interviewed with an assistant store manager. Both were very friendly and professional. Before I left, the HR rep did a drug screening with a mouth swab and told me the results would be back in about a week. HR called me 6 days later and asked me to come in for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it." I suppose this is a fairly standard question for an interview but it can catch you off guard if you have not thought about it before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was for more than I had expected. I did not try to negotiate and accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Henrietta, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website for a seasonal job and was called in for an interview. They use a script to conduct the interview and had no awareness of any of the information that is I submitted when I applied except my name and the position I applied for. I even had to write out my availability on paper for them even though I had submitted it with my online application. I was called in for a second interview during which I was offered the job and explained the conditions of my employment. I than had to soak this paper wand thing with my spit for the drug testing. That was the longest part of the process. I was then called later and told when to come in for my orientation session.

Interview Questions

• Nothing about it was difficult. They don't even ask you about your previous experience. It's just pretty much all the same pop psychology testing questions they make you fill out during the online application process. The questions are centered around customer service and how you work with other people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the job and told me the pay and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in South Sanford, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (South Sanford, ME) in February 2014.

Interview

nothing to add here

Interview Questions

• questions that did not apply to my background   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I think the hiring process for Lowe's was great. I went through two interviews, one with a shift manager, and the second with assistant store manager. I liked the idea of sitting in front of the computers to do evaluations on regular basis. I was immediately introduced to everyone and made me felt comfortable.

Assembler Interview

Interview

Hired to assemble grills and lawn care equipment. Most of interview done online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Morristown, TN) in November 2012.

Interview

I was met by the HR manager and given a document outlining the job description and what you should expect from working at Lowes. This document also required a signature. The HR manager explained that a drug screening will be required and then pressed on with some basic questions. I was then directed to an interview with the store manager who asked the same questions plus a couple new ones. Overall, I thought I did well, but unfortunately the next day I was informed they selected another candidate for the position.

I was not over dressed, I was honest and I explained I was very detailed, loved the public and very hard working. Apparently there are many people like that, along with the grumpy 300 lb fat guy that wouldn't look you in the eye while asking a simple question about the department.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard interview questions, none were very difficult, Just be honest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Ames, IA) in December 2011.

Interview

After applying online I waited a couple days before I got a call asking me to set up an interview. I called back that day and set one up for three days later. After sitting down with the assistant manager I was asked basic STAR questions, none of which pertained to the job. He said he liked me and would call in the store manager. 30 minutes later, after growing through the same questions, I was offered a job. I asked for a dollar raise and got it! Just go in there ready to talk about how you have made mistakes but fixed them in a professional manner, and they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• They wanted an example of a time that I made a mistake that hindered store operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a dollar raise and received it. Just ask, the way Lowes is structured you are not hurting your chances. They low-ball the first offer.

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview

Filled out application got a call 2 days later. went in for interview and bombed the interview. they asked me questions i was no where near ready for. It was my 1st interview ever so that could be the reason the questions were so hard to me. But then again some of the questions seemed kind of off the wall to me

Interview Questions

• When have you ever given someone the wrong information and how did you rectify the situation?   Answer Question