Lowe's Assembler Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assembler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

I applied for several job openings at two Lowe's locations. I received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking if I was interested. I interviewed with the HR person the next day. While I was there, I also interviewed with an assistant store manager. Both were very friendly and professional. Before I left, the HR rep did a drug screening with a mouth swab and told me the results would be back in about a week. HR called me 6 days later and asked me to come in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it." I suppose this is a fairly standard question for an interview but it can catch you off guard if you have not thought about it before.   Answer Question
The offer was for more than I had expected. I did not try to negotiate and accepted the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Sanford, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Sanford, ME

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

nothing to add here

Interview Questions
    • questions that did not apply to my background   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

I think the hiring process for Lowe's was great. I went through two interviews, one with a shift manager, and the second with assistant store manager. I liked the idea of sitting in front of the computers to do evaluations on regular basis. I was immediately introduced to everyone and made me felt comfortable.

Assembler Interview

Hired to assemble grills and lawn care equipment. Most of interview done online.

Non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2012.

I was met by the HR manager and given a document outlining the job description and what you should expect from working at Lowes. This document also required a signature. The HR manager explained that a drug screening will be required and then pressed on with some basic questions. I was then directed to an interview with the store manager who asked the same questions plus a couple new ones. Overall, I thought I did well, but unfortunately the next day I was informed they selected another candidate for the position.

I was not over dressed, I was honest and I explained I was very detailed, loved the public and very hard working. Apparently there are many people like that, along with the grumpy 300 lb fat guy that wouldn't look you in the eye while asking a simple question about the department.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard interview questions, none were very difficult, Just be honest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2011.

After applying online I waited a couple days before I got a call asking me to set up an interview. I called back that day and set one up for three days later. After sitting down with the assistant manager I was asked basic STAR questions, none of which pertained to the job. He said he liked me and would call in the store manager. 30 minutes later, after growing through the same questions, I was offered a job. I asked for a dollar raise and got it! Just go in there ready to talk about how you have made mistakes but fixed them in a professional manner, and they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted an example of a time that I made a mistake that hindered store operations.   Answer Question
    I asked for a dollar raise and received it. Just ask, the way Lowes is structured you are not hurting your chances. They low-ball the first offer.

Assembler Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Filled out application got a call 2 days later. went in for interview and bombed the interview. they asked me questions i was no where near ready for. It was my 1st interview ever so that could be the reason the questions were so hard to me. But then again some of the questions seemed kind of off the wall to me

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever given someone the wrong information and how did you rectify the situation?   Answer Question