Lowe's

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I was called two weeks after completing an online application and assessment for several positions at Lowe's. The HR Manager called me to setup the interview; I interviewed with the HR Manager and Store Manager that week. The interview consisted of standard behavioral questions associated with the position you are applying for at that location. Use the STAR process to answer the questions; be honest, consistent, and confident.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time you had conflicting priorities between your manager, a customer and or the company?   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate a higher salary based on my experience and education.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

I saw the posting for the job on Lowes career page. I applied and submitted my resume. I then completed an assessment test that took about 45 min to complete. The assesment asked questions about personality and how you would handle a situation. It was fairly easy if you worked in retail for long enough and understand the customer service industry. I received an email from the regional hiring recruiter a few days after the close of the posting to schedule a time for a quick 30 min phone interview. This part was also fairly easy, she asked 4 situational questions, 2 about previous experience and 2 about how I would handle a situation working for lowes. A day later I received a call from a different person to ask to come down to the store and meet with the HRM and the store manager for a panel interview. They asked standardized questions, about 8-10, that dealt with previous experience with leadership issues and customer service issues. This process took about 1.5 hours. I did this on a Tuesday and I was told I would hear by Friday either way if I got the job. I got a call back the next day from the corporate recruiter with an offer. I took it .

Interview Questions
    The pay is determined by market where you live, education and experience. For where I live it was between 50k-60k. I was on the higher end. You are also eligible for 30% bonus at the end of each fiscal year.

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

structured to a fault. If you are competent and you get to the interview point you should be good. I do think that your chances as an outside candidate are lower due to the experiences needed as an insider to score higher on the questions.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time when you where not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    here is the offer.

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

getting application set up took a while on line which is the only option and then had to answer many questions to check my aptitude which is fine but a lot of questions were redundant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

It's pretty basic. You interview with the Store Manager and the HRM. Basic situational type questions. They want you to tell a story about what has actually happened.....not what you would do it......

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What Happened, what did you do to fix the relationship.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Filled out application for over 2 years and finally got a phone interview. Was called more than once as the initial phone interview went well. Was told I would be called back by a team member or manager at one of the stores I applied for. Never received a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are really irrelevant as each situation is different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

multi-step with two managers. 3 step process 1. hr manager 2. store manager and hr manager 3. store manager. ask a lot of questions about leadership history. ask about diversity. ask about customer service. ask about honesty

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time where you satisfied a customer that was previously dis-satisfied?   Answer Question
    not negotiable, salary is spit out by computer program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

It was a phone interview lasted about 30 minutes I felt rushed. I was the second one they interviewed and soon got the feeling I was being interviewed as one of the three they needed before hiring someone they already had in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the one thing you do to gain associates trust.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartonsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartonsville, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Filled out an online application.. very extensive. Then I was called a few days later for an interview. I met with the Store Manager and HR. I had to read an 8 page job description and then fill out a sheet with my availability for each day of the week.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. We ended the interview after reviewing availability.   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Online application and assessment. 3:1 panel interview with Store Manager, HR, and Assistant Store Manager. Situation and behavior questions role play with panel members. If all goes well the will call you in for a drug screen they swab your mouth send it to Quest diagnostics. If it comes back clean they will contact the District Manager to determine your starting pay rate. If you accept they will do a back round check and give you a date to start.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask 13 questions typically how would you deal with an upset customer. Name a time you have to complete a task or deal with a policy you didn't agree with etc. Each question is graded 1 to 5, five being exceeding expectations. They typically look for someone with and average score of 35-40 to be considered for a job.   Answer Question