Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.9

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

structured to a fault. If you are competent and you get to the interview point you should be good. I do think that your chances as an outside candidate are lower due to the experiences needed as an insider to score higher on the questions.

Interview Questions
  • tell us about a time when you where not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
here is the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

You can only apply to a specific opening. If there are no current openings you can not just submit your resume or application.
    The HR Manager selects 3 candidates to be interviewed, for every posted position, based on the relevance of your listed background to the position you're applying for.
    From there you will have just one interview conducted by the Store and the HR manager together. The select the best candidate of the three.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handled conflicting and competing priorities between your customer, your supervisor and co-workers?   View Answer
    There is very little or no negotiation. They make you an offer and that number for the Assistant Manager Position is pretty much final. Take it or leave it. There may be room for negotiation at higher levels such as store manager.

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

getting application set up took a while on line which is the only option and then had to answer many questions to check my aptitude which is fine but a lot of questions were redundant

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

It was a phone interview lasted about 30 minutes I felt rushed. I was the second one they interviewed and soon got the feeling I was being interviewed as one of the three they needed before hiring someone they already had in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the one thing you do to gain associates trust.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

It's pretty basic. You interview with the Store Manager and the HRM. Basic situational type questions. They want you to tell a story about what has actually happened.....not what you would do it......

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What Happened, what did you do to fix the relationship.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Filled out application for over 2 years and finally got a phone interview. Was called more than once as the initial phone interview went well. Was told I would be called back by a team member or manager at one of the stores I applied for. Never received a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are really irrelevant as each situation is different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

I was contacted after their HR Recruiter saw my resume online. After a telephone interview with the recruiter, I was called back to meet the HR Manager at the store for an interview. The interview was comfortable and the questions weren't too bad since I have worked in Retail for 18 years (Retail Manager for 10 of the 18 years). The interview went well and I was contacted later in the day to set up an interview with the District Manager. This is where the process for me went from positive to negative. It was rescheduled three times due to the DM's "busy" schedule. I was able to adjust my schedule and meet him for the interview finally. Once I met him, the minute he took one look at me I could see I would not be offered a position. I think because I am a girl and look young he did not think I was capable of running a store. I have been successful in my current position as an Assistant Store Manager for a grocery store for 10 years. I believe I would have done well at Lowe's if I had been given a chance. He was practically yawning while I was answering his questions. All in all, I will say after meeting this man I was no longer interested in working for this company or shopping there. The Store Manager and HR Manager I had met with were great. This interview left a bad taste in my mouth after meeting the DM and I can see it is looked upon as a "man's job" in the DM's mind. I found him unprofessional due to his interview and also how he rescheduled the interview three times. It gave me an idea of how my time would be disregarded if I got a job with them. With this man doing interviews, I believe they are missing out on good candidates. He was intimidating and did not make for a great interview experience. I work with many levels of management including DM's regularly in my current job, and have never been made to feel this way. All in all, maybe they should look at changing their upper management if they want their business to be number 1.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your typical day at work?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2010.

It is a 3 interview process. The HR manager, a ASM, and the Store manager, they ask questions about selling skills, about not keeping a promise you made to a customer, how you would handle a difficult customer situation, how you would handle a customer's rejections of offering the best product to meet their needs. why you want to work for Lowe's and what about this position attracts you.

Interview Questions
    • how you handled not being able to do something you had promised a customer   View Answer
    • selling skills and rejection of product   View Answer
    their is no negotiation just an offer take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

HR department called after about 2 months. Set up interview at the store. Came in for a 45 minute interview with HR manager and store manager. Just basic questions in regards to customer service, personnel, and store procedures. Store manager called me within 3 days to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate your a manager who does not agree with the policy?   Answer Question
    They offered me $59000 and I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bartonsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartonsville, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Filled out an online application.. very extensive. Then I was called a few days later for an interview. I met with the Store Manager and HR. I had to read an 8 page job description and then fill out a sheet with my availability for each day of the week.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. We ended the interview after reviewing availability.   View Answer

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!