Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lowe's (Watertown, NY).

Interview

Even as a current associate you must apply for any openings that you are interested in . If chosen you will go through the interview process just as someone off the street would . The interview is a series of 10 questions, most of them situational , " Tell me about a time " or " What would you do to ". They are looking for DETAILED answers and thorough responses. Take your time, it can be intimidating with the store manager and HR manager both taking notes . Make sure to do some research and have some questions of your own to ask them .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between two associates.   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you if you had a Sales Specialist that was struggling to make their sales goal   Answer Question
  • What steps would you take to gain trust and respect from your associates   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pending

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

interview question are bold and bias, depending if the HR and Store manager like your response. Problem solving question, leadership, situations in direction and advice. Turnover is high / HR must interview at least 3 individuals for the position / HR interview is review by grade point system. 1-5 5 being the best. Pay rate is submitted to pay scale system and HR.

low pay salary / 50 plus hours per week / more during holidays

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

All situational questions. Answers must be detailed. Always use best experience. Answers are scored 1-5. 5 is the highest score per question. At the end of the interview, all scores are added up and divided by the number of questions for the interview score. The best interviewer get the job

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied online took a online assessment. Three weeks later got a phone call for an interview. I interviewed a day later. A week later I got a call from HR and got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is really based off how much volume the store does.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was an internal candidate. I set up the interview with HR and sat down with both HR and the Store Manager. The day after the interview I was selected and my resume and interview paperwork was sent to the Market Director for review & final decision. Two weeks later I was made an offer that was contigent on accepting a move to another local store. I accepted and moved the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked to find the needs of a customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was called two weeks after completing an online application and assessment for several positions at Lowe's. The HR Manager called me to setup the interview; I interviewed with the HR Manager and Store Manager that week. The interview consisted of standard behavioral questions associated with the position you are applying for at that location. Use the STAR process to answer the questions; be honest, consistent, and confident.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had conflicting priorities between your manager, a customer and or the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary based on my experience and education.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

structured to a fault. If you are competent and you get to the interview point you should be good. I do think that your chances as an outside candidate are lower due to the experiences needed as an insider to score higher on the questions.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you where not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

here is the offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

Interview

I saw the posting for the job on Lowes career page. I applied and submitted my resume. I then completed an assessment test that took about 45 min to complete. The assesment asked questions about personality and how you would handle a situation. It was fairly easy if you worked in retail for long enough and understand the customer service industry. I received an email from the regional hiring recruiter a few days after the close of the posting to schedule a time for a quick 30 min phone interview. This part was also fairly easy, she asked 4 situational questions, 2 about previous experience and 2 about how I would handle a situation working for lowes. A day later I received a call from a different person to ask to come down to the store and meet with the HRM and the store manager for a panel interview. They asked standardized questions, about 8-10, that dealt with previous experience with leadership issues and customer service issues. This process took about 1.5 hours. I did this on a Tuesday and I was told I would hear by Friday either way if I got the job. I got a call back the next day from the corporate recruiter with an offer. I took it .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is determined by market where you live, education and experience. For where I live it was between 50k-60k. I was on the higher end. You are also eligible for 30% bonus at the end of each fiscal year.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

getting application set up took a while on line which is the only option and then had to answer many questions to check my aptitude which is fine but a lot of questions were redundant

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It's pretty basic. You interview with the Store Manager and the HRM. Basic situational type questions. They want you to tell a story about what has actually happened.....not what you would do it......

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What Happened, what did you do to fix the relationship.   1 Answer