Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Situational/behavioral, Make sure you have a beginning, middle and end to your examples. Be specific with details. Remember they do not know you or your previous company. Explain as though they have no idea what you are talking about. They are looking for how you handle specific situations and what kind of pressure it brings to you. You can pause and take a minute to reflect to find a situation that fits the question.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

7 question situational format I.e what would you do if..., or tell me about a time when.... read Ken Blanchard's situational leadership, it will help a lot for interviews

Interview Questions

• Learn situational leadership by Ken Blanchard, to be successful in Lowe's interviews   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Most of them are situation questions. Lots of questions last about 45 minutes. If you have Lowe's Experience you should be ok. Otherwise might be a tough interview. Geared more towards in-house than outsiders.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Very detailed with two managers both taking time to ask questions and taking notes on how I answered and the detail of my answer in relation to the question asked

Interview Questions

• What was one time you dealt with a employee confrontation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Savannah, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Human Resources Manager and Store Manager will greet you and go over job description then ask you 8 questions about situations and work experiences. Ask why You applied and if you were a former employee why you left. After all said and done they will ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. What would you do in certain situations. How would you take care of things. How have you became better by training etc.. Explain times where you made a wrong decision and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Scranton, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two person interview store manager and hr manager they took turns asking questions and wrote down each answer to score I can't remember the questions but some were difficult to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Tifton, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

New interview process. Have to pass pre interview before you can be considered to go on to real interview. Its 10 questions as always and they are all situation based questions...if you were in this situation what would you do? Categories ranging from customer service, sales, loss prevention, and pretty much common sense. You either have what they are looking for or you don't. Benefits them to hire someone in house when its last minute decision. To make themselves better they hire someone outside the company.

Interview Questions

• Name s time where you had to make a difficult decision? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

interview question are bold and bias, depending if the HR and Store manager like your response. Problem solving question, leadership, situations in direction and advice. Turnover is high / HR must interview at least 3 individuals for the position / HR interview is review by grade point system. 1-5 5 being the best. Pay rate is submitted to pay scale system and HR.

low pay salary / 50 plus hours per week / more during holidays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lowe's (Watertown, NY).

Interview

Even as a current associate you must apply for any openings that you are interested in . If chosen you will go through the interview process just as someone off the street would . The interview is a series of 10 questions, most of them situational , " Tell me about a time " or " What would you do to ". They are looking for DETAILED answers and thorough responses. Take your time, it can be intimidating with the store manager and HR manager both taking notes . Make sure to do some research and have some questions of your own to ask them .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between two associates.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you if you had a Sales Specialist that was struggling to make their sales goal   Answer Question
    • What steps would you take to gain trust and respect from your associates   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pending

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

All situational questions. Answers must be detailed. Always use best experience. Answers are scored 1-5. 5 is the highest score per question. At the end of the interview, all scores are added up and divided by the number of questions for the interview score. The best interviewer get the job

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question