Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbia, SC).

Interview

You must go online and complete a talent management review. Once this is completed you can apply for jobs that become open. Once 3 candidates are chosen from the applicant pool, then interviews begin. After interviews are conducted the candidate that is chosen is offered the job and salary details are discussed at that time

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond to help a customer make a purchase   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Get a call after applying then they do a pre screen then let you know that you have an interview and schedule it. Then interview is about 9 situational questions with HR and manager giving interview alternating questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a specialist who was under performing how would you address the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Situational/behavioral, Make sure you have a beginning, middle and end to your examples. Be specific with details. Remember they do not know you or your previous company. Explain as though they have no idea what you are talking about. They are looking for how you handle specific situations and what kind of pressure it brings to you. You can pause and take a minute to reflect to find a situation that fits the question.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

7 question situational format I.e what would you do if..., or tell me about a time when.... read Ken Blanchard's situational leadership, it will help a lot for interviews

Interview Questions

• Learn situational leadership by Ken Blanchard, to be successful in Lowe's interviews   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Most of them are situation questions. Lots of questions last about 45 minutes. If you have Lowe's Experience you should be ok. Otherwise might be a tough interview. Geared more towards in-house than outsiders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Scranton, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two person interview store manager and hr manager they took turns asking questions and wrote down each answer to score I can't remember the questions but some were difficult to answer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Very detailed with two managers both taking time to ask questions and taking notes on how I answered and the detail of my answer in relation to the question asked

Interview Questions

• What was one time you dealt with a employee confrontation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Savannah, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Human Resources Manager and Store Manager will greet you and go over job description then ask you 8 questions about situations and work experiences. Ask why You applied and if you were a former employee why you left. After all said and done they will ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. What would you do in certain situations. How would you take care of things. How have you became better by training etc.. Explain times where you made a wrong decision and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tifton, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

New interview process. Have to pass pre interview before you can be considered to go on to real interview. Its 10 questions as always and they are all situation based questions...if you were in this situation what would you do? Categories ranging from customer service, sales, loss prevention, and pretty much common sense. You either have what they are looking for or you don't. Benefits them to hire someone in house when its last minute decision. To make themselves better they hire someone outside the company.

Interview Questions

• Name s time where you had to make a difficult decision? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked a set series of behavioral questions. All answers were rated based on the level of detail. You can be the best qualified candidate but still lose the job based on not providing enough detail when answering one of the many vague questions. After working for Lowe's for 5 years, 80% of candidates are preselected to be hired before the interview process starts. This was told to me be 3 different Store Managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had complete a project while being interrupted.   Answer Question