Lowe's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.4

Store Mgt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with a Market Manager and had a wonderful talk for an hour. He explained the company and layout and was most helpful. I hope to have set the first step forward in getting an opportunity to work for such a strong organization. The interview was on time, direct face to face , and quite enlightening and comfortable.

Seasonal Part Time CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR person at the store, then two managers from my area. The interview was professional yet friendly and respectful. All my questions were answered and I was able to get an understanding of the job requirements and an idea of daily duties.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational questions, i.e: what would you do if . . ., how would you handle . . ., in your last job . . ., etc.   Answer Question

Appliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

You will interview with two people at the same time. The manager over the zone you're applying for and the HR manager. Both will have the same stack of papers with questions on them. The questions are all in the format of, "Name a time when.." It is the STAR method. You will be graded on each answer from a scale of 0-5. They go solely by this, so do well. It doesn't matter if they like you or think you're the best person for the job. If someone scores higher on their interview, you will not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and a co worker had to work together to accomplish a single task. DId you run into any obstacles? how did you overcome that obstacle?

Name a time when you took the initiative to learn something new at your job that was not required of you.

1 Answer

Facility Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview then in store interview with the HR manager and store manager. they were all situational questions like state a time when a were in a diificult situation, when you helped a customer, why should we hire you and why lowes. the hiring process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. they were all situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

started me at $10.96 an hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

very quick basic questions about what i like to do. I had towait like 10minutes because the manager wasn't ready. Then when asking me question he was very unorganized and had to stop and pause to find question to ask me. Was very awkward situation. They said they would most definitely call me but didn't. They made it clear that would call me. Waited all day and no phone call. LIARS!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Carrollton, GA).

Interview

I was called two weeks after filling out an online application to come in for an interview by the HR manager. I came in and sat in the customer service area for ten minutes while waiting for my interview. The staff was very friendly and we talked while I waited. I then had my first interview with the HR Manager. They asked me about six very detailed questions, all "Name a time when..." questions with required details given. The HR manager was very serious and tried to show little emotion throughout the interview. She was friendly and nice after conducting said interview.
    After completing this interview, I then had a second interview immediately after with the manager of the department I was to be working in. They asked me basically the same questions, with a little variety. Same type of questions, just worded differently. The manager was very passionate about his line of work, and told me Lowe's was like a "family".

Questions include "Why do you want to work at Lowe's", "Name a time when you resolved a conflict with a customer..", etc.

After the interviews, about four days later, I received an email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates. I then received a call about a week after getting the email from the HR Manager. They asked me for a meeting to extend an offer and I accepted.

I went in to accept the offer and they gave me a few forms to sign for the drug test/background check as well as an offer letter. I took an on-site oral drug test, which took about five minutes and when it was time for me to leave, they gave me an orientation date and sent me out with a mint.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you misheard a coworker or customer. How did you resolve the issue? How did they respond?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating, as the pay was above minimum wage. Seeing as this is my first official job, I didn't bother to request more pay or benefits.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Suwanee, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for several positions and got a call 3 weeks later. Was interviewed by HR Manager and the Assistant Store Manager assigned to the Department I was hired for. I was told they have to interview at least 3 people before job offer. Interview was basic situation questions. Easy, if you have experience, 1) Tell me about a time you disagree with your manager, what was it and how did you resolve it. 2) Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your co-worker, what was the situation and how did you handle it. 3) Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer, what did you do and what was the outcome. 4) How do handle an irate customer? 5) Why do you want to work for Lowe's 6) Tell me about yourself. The questions are read from a script, six questions in all. Job is offered to the highest point earner. Took a mouth swab test and received my schedule a week later

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was "tell me about a time you disagree with your manager"   1 Answer

Negotiation

ADP generates the pay which made it look non-negotiable, but if you can tell them you deserve more because you have had such and such experience similar to what you are applying for in a retail or especially in a hardware store, they will increase your pay to the extent that the computer allows them. Your pay is negotiable with the computer not HR. I negotiated my pay and was increased by 0.70 cents, which I gladly accepted

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

just do some homework on the department or positon that you are intersted in and then ask yourself 15 questions....that should do it on knowledge...then work on your excitement to have THIS job....and polish up on your popularity skills...u will need them thruought your term at lowes.

Interview Questions

• usually comes from someone that claims to know what they are talking about but have forgotten that the fact remains that they are Asking you .........   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is not much negotiation with lowes unless you put forth the extra effort of showing proof of knowledge and value....to someone other than lowes....make them compete for your employance....if you were a prior sucessfull business owner you will look even better.

Seasonal Load Puller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Sandy Springs, GA).

Interview

Actually applied for a part time load puller position on the 7th jan, got a call back two days later from the HR manager for an interview, which after i was scheduled for an interview with the manger in a weeks time. Got a call from the HR manger about a week later to come in for drug test(mouth swab) and salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question, just situational questions like name a time when did you provided outstanding customer service, name a time you gave a customer wrong information, name a time you werent able to understand what a customer said, what did you do ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was $9.61 an hr, since its seasonal, if i get retained after the period, i would earn more.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

two to three interviews, one with hr manager, then with an assistant store manager and finally the store manager for a possible job offer...it just depends on if they like you or not. Interviews are all situational based and wanting to know what you have done in the past too take care of customers.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the situation and what did you do to address their concerns?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was a job offer letter and amount was already written down and all i had to do was sign the job description and the job offer letter.