Lowe's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Customer Service Associate II
Suwanee, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for several positions and got a call 3 weeks later. Was interviewed by HR Manager and the Assistant Store Manager assigned to the Department I was hired for. I was told they have to interview at least 3 people before job offer. Interview was basic situation questions. Easy, if you have experience, 1) Tell me about a time you disagree with your manager, what was it and how did you resolve it. 2) Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your co-worker, what was the situation and how did you handle it. 3) Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer, what did you do and what was the outcome. 4) How do handle an irate customer? 5) Why do you want to work for Lowe's 6) Tell me about yourself. The questions are read from a script, six questions in all. Job is offered to the highest point earner. Took a mouth swab test and received my schedule a week later

Interview Question – Unexpected question was "tell me about a time you disagree with your manager"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ADP generates the pay which made it look non-negotiable, but if you can tell them you deserve more because you have had such and such experience similar to what you are applying for in a retail or especially in a hardware store, they will increase your pay to the extent that the computer allows them. Your pay is negotiable with the computer not HR. I negotiated my pay and was increased by 0.70 cents, which I gladly accepted

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

Interview Details – two to three interviews, one with hr manager, then with an assistant store manager and finally the store manager for a possible job offer...it just depends on if they like you or not. Interviews are all situational based and wanting to know what you have done in the past too take care of customers.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the situation and what did you do to address their concerns?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was a job offer letter and amount was already written down and all i had to do was sign the job description and the job offer letter.

Facility Service Associate Interview

Facility Service Associate
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a brief phone interview then in store interview with the HR manager and store manager. they were all situational questions like state a time when a were in a diificult situation, when you helped a customer, why should we hire you and why lowes. the hiring process took about two weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. they were all situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – started me at $10.96 an hour.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Suwanee, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the store manager, Asst. Store Mgr. and HR person. I found out about the position through a networking group. I was hired on part time then went full time when my regular job fell through. The store manager was great in bringing me on full time.

Interview Question – No real hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they have a starting per hour rate.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2012.

Interview Details – You have to know someone at the store. Applying at the kiosk is a waste of time. If they don't talk to you, they aren't going to call you back.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was general hardware questions. If you can spell concrete you can get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2013.

Interview Details – very quick basic questions about what i like to do. I had towait like 10minutes because the manager wasn't ready. Then when asking me question he was very unorganized and had to stop and pause to find question to ask me. Was very awkward situation. They said they would most definitely call me but didn't. They made it clear that would call me. Waited all day and no phone call. LIARS!

Interview Question – Why would u be an asset to the company?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application, 1st ASM Interview, Background check, Drug Check, Final Interview with Store Manager (Job Offer)

Interview Question – How would you handle a product offering that is less in quality and higher in price than another local store   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not very great. Lowes store level employees are set by a ADP payroll matrix that based on the MSA location, high and low are stataed

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Carrollton, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was called two weeks after filling out an online application to come in for an interview by the HR manager. I came in and sat in the customer service area for ten minutes while waiting for my interview. The staff was very friendly and we talked while I waited. I then had my first interview with the HR Manager. They asked me about six very detailed questions, all "Name a time when..." questions with required details given. The HR manager was very serious and tried to show little emotion throughout the interview. She was friendly and nice after conducting said interview.
After completing this interview, I then had a second interview immediately after with the manager of the department I was to be working in. They asked me basically the same questions, with a little variety. Same type of questions, just worded differently. The manager was very passionate about his line of work, and told me Lowe's was like a "family".

Questions include "Why do you want to work at Lowe's", "Name a time when you resolved a conflict with a customer..", etc.

After the interviews, about four days later, I received an email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates. I then received a call about a week after getting the email from the HR Manager. They asked me for a meeting to extend an offer and I accepted.

I went in to accept the offer and they gave me a few forms to sign for the drug test/background check as well as an offer letter. I took an on-site oral drug test, which took about five minutes and when it was time for me to leave, they gave me an orientation date and sent me out with a mint.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you misheard a coworker or customer. How did you resolve the issue? How did they respond?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't bother negotiating, as the pay was above minimum wage. Seeing as this is my first official job, I didn't bother to request more pay or benefits.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
Chamblee, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview first and then asked to come in for personal interview.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Appliance Sales Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2012.

Interview Details – Starting out I applied online (I used snagajob.com) and the application was long and a little harder than your standard retail app. After I applied it took about 3 weeks for a response but I was scheduled to come in for an interview. The next day I dressed up nice for the interview and when i arrived i was greeted by the hr manager. She took me to her office and called the store manager in. the store manager and hr manager interviewed me together. They asked basic questions at first like "if you were hired what benefits would you bring to lowes" . after 5 minutes they asked the detailed appliance questions about compensation, customer issues, and scheduling. I smiled the whole time and was very nice. I felt like a already had the job when i left. about 1 week later almost the store manager called me and offered me the job and asked if 16.31 per hour would be ok.

Interview Question – everyones answer is different to this question. "What do you think the definition of true customer service is?   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!