Lowe's

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview process was probably the most difficult I have experienced. I interviewed with the HR Manager and then an Assistant Store Manager, all of which took place in one day. Each interview lasted a half hour. The HR Manager went in depth about the job description and asked about 6 situation-based questions, ex: Tell me about a time when you gave a customer wrong information? What was the outcome? About 5 minutes after the initial interview, I was taken into an office with the ASM. In this portion of the interview I was given the opportunity to "sell myself" and speak on my strengths and why I would be a good fit for the position. She asked about my skills and how they were utilized in previous jobs. The interview with the ASM was a bit more personal; after I spoke about my skills, she went on to asking situation-based questions as well. To conclude the interview, she asked why I chose Lowe's (I would recommend doing research on their site to set yourself apart from other interviewees). I applied online on a Sunday, received a phone call to set up an interview on a Tuesday, interviewed on Wednesday, was contacted by HR Manager that same day and accepted offer; tomorrow (Thursday) I will be going in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when a supervisor's message wasn't clear? How did you overcome that situation? What were the results?   Answer Question
I was prepared to negotiate and ask for more if their offer was below $11/hr, however, that wasn't necessary as they extended an offer that superseded my expectations!

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

(Brand new Lowe's that hasn't even opened yet) Online application Sunday night, call back Monday morning for interview Thursday morning.

Asked 6 questions by Melissa which were the easy questions you see on here. Then I moved to Niko for him to ask me 6 different questions. His were still easy basic interview questions. First he asked me if I was nervous and I said no that I was super excited. His last question was why I wanted to work for Lowe's and I said since it was a brand new store I was excited to shape the atmosphere and leave a good lasting impression on the first customers so they would come back.

They said they were finishing interviews that week and making decisions the next week so they would let me know yay or nay by the end of that decision week. On Tuesday and Wednesday (early in the decision week) I received calls but didn't answer and I was afraid that not answering would make them give the job to someone else but when I called back Thursday morning they offered me the job. They asked me to come in that next Monday for a drug test and some paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Lowe's?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to sell something?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were unclear on directions given to you and how did you react?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you gave a customer false information and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    "We would like to offer you the part time position at a pay rate of $10.42" I gladly accepted without negotiating because I'd been making $9/hour (minimum where I live) for the past year so this was an awesome starting pay.

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

I initially applied online for a CSA Front End position and got a call back later that day about coming in for an interview on that position. When I arrived, I could immediately tell it was a professional environment. I shook a few hands and filled out some paperwork and was immediately led back to the conference room where my interview would be conducted. I first interviewed with a assistant customer service manager and then did my second part of the interview with the direct hiring manager. Both interviews lasted about 15-20 minutes long for a grand total of about an hour for the full process. At all times I felt I was in a professional environment and was respectably dealt with. I was very interested in what each of the managers had to say and how they felt about the entire interview process. In the end, I was very satisfied and all of my questions/concerns were answered on the spot in a very professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • "When presented with a new or challenging task, how did you handle it and was the outcome successful or unsuccessful?"   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was simple. The advice I would give is to be as professional and confident as possible. When asked questions, really give specifics and evaluate in the best way possible. Show them you aren't just there for an interview. Show them you are there for the job and interested in becoming an employee ASAP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

I applied online, i got a call about four days later to come in for an interview. I met with the hr manager first. Then i met with the store manager both of them were nice! i got another call back to discuss salary and then to do a drug test they swab your mouth. Then i got scheduled for orientation a week later and i went to orentation went over new employee packets and class A violations, termination, and employee discounts the first week is hectic you are on the computer doing learning skills then you are out on the floor with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you went out your way to help a person   Answer Question
    They offered more than i expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

The questions I was asked would have been for management to handle, not the employee therefore making it extremely hard to say what the interviewees want to hear. I was not prepared for some of the questions and not knowing exactly what they were looking for in my answers. Maybe a second interview would help by different personal in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done before special for a customer? What mistake have you made and how did you correct it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Applied online. Called after a week for an in-person interview. Met the HR and assistant Manager. They were about to give me an offer but I got hired in another job that pays higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

The hiring process is one I'm pretty used to. You have your first interview where they ask you a few question ( 5 or sometimes more) and if you do good in the initial interview you get to come back on a different day for a second interview. If you do good and you get hired the HR manager will give you a call back and ask you to confirm your social security and birth date. She'll send out your background check and then they'll drug test you with a oral test. Pretty simple as long as you can come up with good answers

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question but the background check did take a bit long. I applied for Lowe's two years ago and it didn't take that long at all. This one took like three weeks and I'm still not sure why. I got the job at least!   Answer Question

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

questions were simple,I" Imagine a time when...

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you had to complete a task with a coworker. What was it and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

I applied online in January 2014. The online application was long, consisting of both a personality and a skills test. Three weeks later in March, I received a call to schedule an interview, which I made for the next week. I dressed business casual for the interview (nice slacks, shoes, button-up). I arrived 15 minutes early and was told that someone would be with me shortly. I watched the HR ladies running around for the next 20 minutes because they were busy with 10 other new hires. Finally, I was taken to a small room to speak with one of the HR women. The room was noisy due to its location to another room that was packed with the new hires. I was asked to fill out an availability form, which stated at the top that Lowes requires open availability. She informed me that the position I was applying for was a full-time permanent position (I had applied for a seasonal position as well). I filled out some more paperwork. Afterwards, she asked me 6 questions that were in the "Name a time when..." format. She told me that I was being graded on a scale of 1-4 to see how well I answered STAR-formatted questions. She was very personable; however, the whole atmosphere was unprofessional because people were coming in and out of the room while I was interviewing. She apologized but I feel like that affected my performance a bit. Next, I was taken to a room to interview with a department manager. He was unassuming and seemed disinterested with his role as an interviewer. He asked me 6 "Name a time when..." questions, a couple of which were similar to the ones the HR woman had previously asked. He hurriedly scribbled down my answers. He asked if I had any questions for him and I answered "Yes, are there any gaps in my qualifications that would prevent me from performing well in this position?" And he responded without hesitation "No. I think you did great!" Shook his hand and was told that I'd receive a call within a few days. An hour after leaving the interview, I received a call asking if I could come in to interview with the store manager. Two days later, I found myself sitting in the store manager's office. He opened with "Tell me about yourself". He then proceeded to ask "Why Lowes?" and "Where do you see yourself in a few years?" We talked briefly about my educational history and then he told me what the position would entail. I was offered a wage, which was higher than expected, so I accepted. I was taken immediately to fill out additional paperwork to consent to a background check and drug screen(which was a swab test that took 10 minutes). Today was orientation, which occurred a week after the drug screen. Orientation lasted an hour and a half and consisted of filling out more paperwork, meeting other new hires, and taking a tour of the building. Computer training begins next week.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to remember a lot of details to perform a task. How did you handle it?   View Answer
    • What three things make a great retail environment?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate the pay because I was offered something that was higher than expected. I regret this and wish I had tried to squeeze out a bit more. Always negotiate! You never know how much the company would be willing to put out for you.

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

i applied online and the process took about a week for them to call me. The HR lady called and I came in for an interview the next day with HR and the store manager. It went well because they called right after I got home and offered me the job. I came in the next day and took a mouth swab drug test, filled in forms for a background check and signed my employment offer.

No negotiation