Lowe's CSA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CSA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Two interview, one easy one with HR with very general questions including some "tell me about a time..." type questions, followed by an interview with the dept manager. Depending on the dept manager it will most likely involve how you handle difficult situations with customers.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

CSA Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

Had first initial interview with the HR manager and had to come back for a second interview with the ASM(Assistant Store Manager) because he was on vacation. Relaxed environment with questions mostly centered around behavior in a certain situation. "Tell me about a time your faced a difficult situation and how did you overcome it...." Submitted a saliva drug test and was called back after 3 days and offered a position starting at $9.75. I declined because i wasn't happy with that pay. The HR manager stated she needed to get approval to offer me more. I told her to call me back. 2 minutes later she called back offering $10.25 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker? How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2010.

First interview with an asst.manger and then with another asst.manger and then with the store manger, it was hard for me its be 10 years since I had an interview, I had to sell myself with my product knowledge because i was freezing up with every question they ask me.i got the job

CSA Interview

First interview over the phone. Second interview in person. Seven questions from each interviewer. I don't think actual circumstance matters as much as using keywords which describe you as a level headed person.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time a coworker/manager criticized you. What did you do?   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cicero, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2013.

Generic questions on your best and most challenging customer interactions from previous jobs. Nothing difficult. They hire 18-year-olds for these jobs. It's not rocket science. They do a drug test (on site) and background check -- very standard procedure for a retail job. It's good to have some prior service industry experience, but that will not disqualify you for this job.

Interview Questions
    • None. I didn't find any of the questions challenging. It is good to come into this job with some prior service industry experience, but there are people hired for the job I had who are right out of high school.   View Answer
    They have a pay system based on your years of employment. It is not negotiable.

CSA Interview

basic question noting to hard noting to intense. should be easy for anyone. just what you see yourself in 5 years and stuff like that.basic question noting to hard noting to intense. should be easy for anyone. just what you see yourself in 5 years and stuff like that

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Bunch of questions about the business and situations that could happen with companies

Interview Questions
    • Is all about hypothetical situations and how to solve them   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Part-time, no bonuses. Basically they want to make sure you work hard and can keep your cool under stressful situations. Also, that you are not a criminal or plan to steal.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a scenario, then asked what an ethical solution would be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bullhead City, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bullhead City, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Called got an intrview got the offer!

NoN negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

My first application was submitted mid Feb. and I received a call for my first interview mid March. HR interviewed me for the PT open position, but asked me to go onto the website and apply for any other positions that I would be interested in before the interview. The first line of interviews were held with a HR rep. and then an Asst. Manager. I had an interview on a Saturday and was called back on Tuesday for a second interview. The second interview was similar to the first in questioning which were all situational. Also, after the second interview was completed I was asked to submit an Oral Swab drug test before leaving.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all situational based. For instance, "Can you name a time that you had a difficult customer and what did you do to handle the situation?, Can you tell me about a time when you told a customer the wrong information and what did you do ?   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!