Lowe's

Getting the Interview

67 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Flower Mound, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – HR manager called me three days after filling out the application online. I came in the following day, and he asked me some "Tell me about a time when you. . . " questions. After that, he asked me to come in the following day. I met with the manager and he essentially asked the same questions. The drug test was done at the time of the second interview. They called me four days later and asked me to come in and sign the paperwork.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They type in your qualifications and receive a pre-determined hourly rate based on your experience.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Applied online. Came in for training and completed a one on one interview after passing the training. The store manager was mainly concerned about if I worked for Home Depot. I told him I did and it appears that's what got me hired.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was interviewed two times. Once by hr and the second by my manager. Both were very professional and kind. They had a battery of situational questions.

Interview Question – All questions were situational with regard to retail work.   Answer Question

Salina, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview Details – I first had to fill out a lengthy application. After the application I was called a couple days later and interviewed.

Interview Question – What would you like out of the company?   View Answers (2)

Alliance, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – applied online.. six days after they called and said if i was still interested to come have an interview the following saturday.. saturday i did a one on one interview with the hr manager. it turns out they already decided to give me the job; the interview and drug test were just a formality.

Interview Question – they asked if there ever was a time i made a suggestion at an old job that got put into practice. not really sure what it had to do with being a cashier.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating. i didn't even find out the pay rate until orientation a week later.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – There were two interviews within the same sitting; one with HR and one with the Manager of the store. Then after the manager interview is over and you pass, you take a drug test on the spot. The results for the drug test take up to a week

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you made a mistake and had to correct it for the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Manager asks what you would like your hourly pay to be.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The hiring process was the easiest interview I went though. My review won't be too helpful because he really didn't care who he hired because he was transferring stores....Again. When I walked in for the interview as a head cashier. They asked me questions about leadership and work experience. They also asked me what do I like to do. The first interview was with the HR manager, and the 2nd interview was with one of the assistant managers. They asked the same questions. They both said they wanted me to work there, but they said the head cashier position was already filled by an instore employee.. They wanted me to work as a cashier there, so I took them up on the offer and came back for a drug test.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, simple. Job experience and what do you like to do.   View Answer

Toledo, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was pretty simple. It consisted of an interview with the HR and right after a second with an Assistant Manager. The questions were very basic focusing mostly on customer service experiences. The last pat was an offer from the Store Manager and submitting to a background check and drug test. All in all a fairly quick process.

Interview Question – The most tricky question was about a time when you promised something to a customer but you couldn't or didn't deliver. Seemed to me they were looking for how you handle that and what you said to keep the customer happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much chance for negotiation. They made the offer based on the years of experience at several skills from my resume.

McKinney, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Ask u question about previous positions and then give u a situation and yo you have to respond accordingly. There's also a personality test. 2interviews

Interview Question – If there were multiple customers that needed help but no other employees available what do you do   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Online application then was called to do an in person interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever had experience working with a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Cashier interview questions and advice. All 67 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.