Lowe's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.4

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Interviewed by hr manager and assistant store manager. Asked to reference specific work scenarios and experiences. Similar questions by both interviewers. In most cases both interviews are conducted on the same day.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you went beyond your job description for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's.

the hiring and interview process was quick, 3 interviews and drug text.You wait like a month after you pass the interviews. After you are aproved they give an store tour and introduce to all employee.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied online. Came in for training and completed a one on one interview after passing the training. The store manager was mainly concerned about if I worked for Home Depot. I told him I did and it appears that's what got me hired.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I was interviewed two times. Once by hr and the second by my manager. Both were very professional and kind. They had a battery of situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were situational with regard to retail work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

HR manager called me three days after filling out the application online. I came in the following day, and he asked me some "Tell me about a time when you. . . " questions. After that, he asked me to come in the following day. I met with the manager and he essentially asked the same questions. The drug test was done at the time of the second interview. They called me four days later and asked me to come in and sign the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They type in your qualifications and receive a pre-determined hourly rate based on your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alliance, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alliance, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

applied online.. six days after they called and said if i was still interested to come have an interview the following saturday.. saturday i did a one on one interview with the hr manager. it turns out they already decided to give me the job; the interview and drug test were just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • they asked if there ever was a time i made a suggestion at an old job that got put into practice. not really sure what it had to do with being a cashier.   Answer Question
    no negotiating. i didn't even find out the pay rate until orientation a week later.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

There were two interviews within the same sitting; one with HR and one with the Manager of the store. Then after the manager interview is over and you pass, you take a drug test on the spot. The results for the drug test take up to a week

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you made a mistake and had to correct it for the customer.   Answer Question
    Manager asks what you would like your hourly pay to be.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring process was the easiest interview I went though. My review won't be too helpful because he really didn't care who he hired because he was transferring stores....Again. When I walked in for the interview as a head cashier. They asked me questions about leadership and work experience. They also asked me what do I like to do. The first interview was with the HR manager, and the 2nd interview was with one of the assistant managers. They asked the same questions. They both said they wanted me to work there, but they said the head cashier position was already filled by an instore employee.. They wanted me to work as a cashier there, so I took them up on the offer and came back for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, simple. Job experience and what do you like to do.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

be patient. don't expect high pay or a lot of hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Ask u question about previous positions and then give u a situation and yo you have to respond accordingly. There's also a personality test. 2interviews

Interview Questions
    • If there were multiple customers that needed help but no other employees available what do you do   View Answer