Lowe's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

It was during their peak season and they were busy with candidates all day. When it was mine turn I had to interview in the electrical room which was awkward. I had three interviews that day. The first two were with ASMs and the third with the SM. The SM at the time was not very friendly at all. Everything I said he would use against me. I almost turned down the job because of him.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer
  • If we don't give you the schedule you need will you quit?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Very easy and simple process. Applied online. Took a week then got call for a interview. Interview was like 45 minutes, ask questions about different situations, then took a drug test and background check.

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied online. Received a call from HR within a week. Had basic phone interview, then scheduled for in person interviews. One with HR, one with an assistant store manager, and final one with the store manager. Drug test (mouth swab), background, and credit check is performed.

Interview Questions
    • What skills can you bring to the company?   View Answer
    no negotiation. salary started at 11 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

After applying online got a phone call to come in for an interview at the store. The person who usually interviews was away for a family matter. Interview went well in fact they mentioned something about a position in the cash office. A couple of days later I had a phone interview with the person I was supposed to interview with in person. I thought it went well, we talked about another interview at the store and training schedule. Finally after a few weeks an email came saying that the position had been filed

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

You will be called in and asked several questions about scenario's you have faced in past jobs or life experiences. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and be honest. They want to know that you will not flip out on customers or employees. It's actually more difficult to mess up these questions than pass them, you just need to give reasonable answers and think before you speak.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the strongest candidate? It doesn't sound difficult but if you're not prepared to analyze yourself and competition without meeting them or being judgmental it can be hard to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The computer generates a compensation rate based on the store's current success.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2014.

I first had an interview with the HR manager, she asked situational questions. Mostly about how I dealt with customers at my previous employer. Then I had an interview with the assistant manager, he asked pretty much the same questions. In all they asked between 15-20 questions. They are pretty much easy questions, if you can't think of a particular time of a incident they ask you, just make up an answer.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing I didn't like was that after I was done with my answer she kept asking so what did you do after that, and then what, and then after that happened what happened then. I really wasn't expecting to give super long descriptions of everything.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Submitted application to 2 different stores at end of April- before summer hiring start. Received phone call from both. First HR interviewed me, then store manager. Asked situational questions. Yes, they do a drug test after offering you a position. For seasonal employees I guess they just look to see that you are a decent person who will be available for the time frame. Little interaction with store manager or HR while on the job.

Interview Questions
    Did not receive offer from Store 1, probably because I mentioned I would not be available for entire summer. Received offer from Store 2. Believed I clicked with that manager more.

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

I Applied online. It was an Extremely long application process. I also Had some issues with the website freezing so I Had to start over 3 times. I did Received 2 interviews which were done back to back. I also had more paperwork to fill out prior to the interview.

Cashier Interview

Interviewed by hr manager and assistant store manager. Asked to reference specific work scenarios and experiences. Similar questions by both interviewers. In most cases both interviews are conducted on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went beyond your job description for a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's.

the hiring and interview process was quick, 3 interviews and drug text.You wait like a month after you pass the interviews. After you are aproved they give an store tour and introduce to all employee.