Lowe's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Chandler, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I went in and answered a lot of basic senerio questions and was asked about past work experience and all that fun stuff. I was offered the job at the end of the interview after the drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Boone, NC).

Interview

Very easy, questions about yourself, what would you do in said type of situations, how you are with customers, about customer service, why would you like to work at lowes, what is your past expierence

Interview Questions

• What would you do if this customer needed this, how would you help them   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

For my interview, I met one on one with the Human Resources manager. After meeting with her, I then briefly met with one of assistant managers. Pretty simple interview. Asked a lot of senerio questions about past jobs and experiences. I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you tried something that at first didn't work and what did you do to correct it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was told it was based off of expirence. Was offered a good starting hourly wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day to set up an interview for the following Monday. Interview was behavioral interview questions, they were pretty straight forward. The interviewer would let you skip a question and come back to it last, which was different for me. A few days after the interview I got a call saying I got the job pending a background check and a drug test. Took about two weeks total before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Cypress, TX).

Interview

It was during their peak season and they were busy with candidates all day. When it was mine turn I had to interview in the electrical room which was awkward. I had three interviews that day. The first two were with ASMs and the third with the SM. The SM at the time was not very friendly at all. Everything I said he would use against me. I almost turned down the job because of him.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • If we don't give you the schedule you need will you quit?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Very easy and simple process. Applied online. Took a week then got call for a interview. Interview was like 45 minutes, ask questions about different situations, then took a drug test and background check.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

After applying online got a phone call to come in for an interview at the store. The person who usually interviews was away for a family matter. Interview went well in fact they mentioned something about a position in the cash office. A couple of days later I had a phone interview with the person I was supposed to interview with in person. I thought it went well, we talked about another interview at the store and training schedule. Finally after a few weeks an email came saying that the position had been filed

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR within a week. Had basic phone interview, then scheduled for in person interviews. One with HR, one with an assistant store manager, and final one with the store manager. Drug test (mouth swab), background, and credit check is performed.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. salary started at 11 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Online survey followed by an in-person interview with an assistant store manager. ASM read questions off a sheet and wrote down snippets of responses. Call back from HR Manager with an offer contingent on a drug test and background check.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

You will be called in and asked several questions about scenario's you have faced in past jobs or life experiences. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and be honest. They want to know that you will not flip out on customers or employees. It's actually more difficult to mess up these questions than pass them, you just need to give reasonable answers and think before you speak.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the strongest candidate? It doesn't sound difficult but if you're not prepared to analyze yourself and competition without meeting them or being judgmental it can be hard to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The computer generates a compensation rate based on the store's current success.