Lowe's

Average Difficulty
98 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Warrington, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2010.

Interview Details – Under new management now but when I was hired you were interviewed by HR first. Then the store manager would interview you. You are drug tested by swab. Only took a week between when I was interviewed and when I started. You are trained via a computer class.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a customer. What is your greatest weakness. Tell me about a time you worked as a team with another employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me that there was a fee scale and there was no negotiating, I later found out that it was not the case. Other's hired with the same experience as me were paid different pay rates.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly quick and easy. Interviewed with the HR Manager and one of the zone managers. Once that was done it took a couple of days to hear back from them with a job offer

Interview Question – why do you want to work for Lowe's   Answer Question

Ogden, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2011.

Interview Details – Online application. Sent email. I was called and interviewed on the phone and then asked to come in in person. I was interviewed by 2 people, manager and head cashier.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not enough pay

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fremont, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out a long and tedious survey online, full of brilliantly tedious questions that led nowhere quickly. It was all a very tiring process and one that is a stupendous waste of time. Then when it was all said and done, I was called for an incredibly quick phone interview with standard questions where I was told I would have a in-store interview but they'd call me back to schedule. They never called back. This whole process took over a month.

Interview Question – Standard questions about where I've worked or am currently working.   Answer Question

Fern Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2012.

Interview Details – They asked questions I felt like were pyscho analysis questions. Easy and hard to lie about. The interview process took forever.. I had one interview, was called two weeks later for a second... waited another 2 weeks to do the drug test then another two weeks to actually start training. This is fine if you have another job but it was very annoying for me because i was completely unemployed at the time.

Interview Question – "Think of a time when your boss gave you several directions and you couldnt remember them all. What did you say to him or her? How did you react etc"   Answer Question

Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call the very next day. Met with the HR Manager and took an online assessment. Met briefly with the Store Manager. Was hired. Everything happened pretty quickly.

Interview Question – Questions asked were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since there is a pay range for the position. I was started at the top of the range due to my experience.

Flower Mound, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – HR manager called me three days after filling out the application online. I came in the following day, and he asked me some "Tell me about a time when you. . . " questions. After that, he asked me to come in the following day. I met with the manager and he essentially asked the same questions. The drug test was done at the time of the second interview. They called me four days later and asked me to come in and sign the paperwork.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They type in your qualifications and receive a pre-determined hourly rate based on your experience.

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Applied online. Came in for training and completed a one on one interview after passing the training. The store manager was mainly concerned about if I worked for Home Depot. I told him I did and it appears that's what got me hired.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was interviewed two times. Once by hr and the second by my manager. Both were very professional and kind. They had a battery of situational questions.

Interview Question – All questions were situational with regard to retail work.   Answer Question

Salina, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview Details – I first had to fill out a lengthy application. After the application I was called a couple days later and interviewed.

Interview Question – What would you like out of the company?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!