Lowe's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014

2.4

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Lowe's.

the hiring and interview process was quick, 3 interviews and drug text.You wait like a month after you pass the interviews. After you are aproved they give an store tour and introduce to all employee.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2010.

Under new management now but when I was hired you were interviewed by HR first. Then the store manager would interview you. You are drug tested by swab. Only took a week between when I was interviewed and when I started. You are trained via a computer class.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a customer. What is your greatest weakness. Tell me about a time you worked as a team with another employee.   Answer Question
    They told me that there was a fee scale and there was no negotiating, I later found out that it was not the case. Other's hired with the same experience as me were paid different pay rates.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Fairly quick and easy. Interviewed with the HR Manager and one of the zone managers. Once that was done it took a couple of days to hear back from them with a job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2011.

Online application. Sent email. I was called and interviewed on the phone and then asked to come in in person. I was interviewed by 2 people, manager and head cashier.

not enough pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

I filled out a long and tedious survey online, full of brilliantly tedious questions that led nowhere quickly. It was all a very tiring process and one that is a stupendous waste of time. Then when it was all said and done, I was called for an incredibly quick phone interview with standard questions where I was told I would have a in-store interview but they'd call me back to schedule. They never called back. This whole process took over a month.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about where I've worked or am currently working.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fern Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fern Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2012.

They asked questions I felt like were pyscho analysis questions. Easy and hard to lie about. The interview process took forever.. I had one interview, was called two weeks later for a second... waited another 2 weeks to do the drug test then another two weeks to actually start training. This is fine if you have another job but it was very annoying for me because i was completely unemployed at the time.

Interview Questions
    • "Think of a time when your boss gave you several directions and you couldnt remember them all. What did you say to him or her? How did you react etc"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2010.

Applied online and received a call the very next day. Met with the HR Manager and took an online assessment. Met briefly with the Store Manager. Was hired. Everything happened pretty quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation since there is a pay range for the position. I was started at the top of the range due to my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

HR manager called me three days after filling out the application online. I came in the following day, and he asked me some "Tell me about a time when you. . . " questions. After that, he asked me to come in the following day. I met with the manager and he essentially asked the same questions. The drug test was done at the time of the second interview. They called me four days later and asked me to come in and sign the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They type in your qualifications and receive a pre-determined hourly rate based on your experience.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied online. Came in for training and completed a one on one interview after passing the training. The store manager was mainly concerned about if I worked for Home Depot. I told him I did and it appears that's what got me hired.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

I was interviewed two times. Once by hr and the second by my manager. Both were very professional and kind. They had a battery of situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were situational with regard to retail work.   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!