Lowe's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day to set up an interview for the following Monday. Interview was behavioral interview questions, they were pretty straight forward. The interviewer would let you skip a question and come back to it last, which was different for me. A few days after the interview I got a call saying I got the job pending a background check and a drug test. Took about two weeks total before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a team to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Cypress, TX).

Interview

It was during their peak season and they were busy with candidates all day. When it was mine turn I had to interview in the electrical room which was awkward. I had three interviews that day. The first two were with ASMs and the third with the SM. The SM at the time was not very friendly at all. Everything I said he would use against me. I almost turned down the job because of him.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • If we don't give you the schedule you need will you quit?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Very easy and simple process. Applied online. Took a week then got call for a interview. Interview was like 45 minutes, ask questions about different situations, then took a drug test and background check.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR within a week. Had basic phone interview, then scheduled for in person interviews. One with HR, one with an assistant store manager, and final one with the store manager. Drug test (mouth swab), background, and credit check is performed.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. salary started at 11 an hour

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

After applying online got a phone call to come in for an interview at the store. The person who usually interviews was away for a family matter. Interview went well in fact they mentioned something about a position in the cash office. A couple of days later I had a phone interview with the person I was supposed to interview with in person. I thought it went well, we talked about another interview at the store and training schedule. Finally after a few weeks an email came saying that the position had been filed

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

You will be called in and asked several questions about scenario's you have faced in past jobs or life experiences. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and be honest. They want to know that you will not flip out on customers or employees. It's actually more difficult to mess up these questions than pass them, you just need to give reasonable answers and think before you speak.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the strongest candidate? It doesn't sound difficult but if you're not prepared to analyze yourself and competition without meeting them or being judgmental it can be hard to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The computer generates a compensation rate based on the store's current success.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2014.

Interview

I first had an interview with the HR manager, she asked situational questions. Mostly about how I dealt with customers at my previous employer. Then I had an interview with the assistant manager, he asked pretty much the same questions. In all they asked between 15-20 questions. They are pretty much easy questions, if you can't think of a particular time of a incident they ask you, just make up an answer.

Interview Questions

• The only thing I didn't like was that after I was done with my answer she kept asking so what did you do after that, and then what, and then after that happened what happened then. I really wasn't expecting to give super long descriptions of everything.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted application to 2 different stores at end of April- before summer hiring start. Received phone call from both. First HR interviewed me, then store manager. Asked situational questions. Yes, they do a drug test after offering you a position. For seasonal employees I guess they just look to see that you are a decent person who will be available for the time frame. Little interaction with store manager or HR while on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not receive offer from Store 1, probably because I mentioned I would not be available for entire summer. Received offer from Store 2. Believed I clicked with that manager more.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Flower Mound, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I Applied online. It was an Extremely long application process. I also Had some issues with the website freezing so I Had to start over 3 times. I did Received 2 interviews which were done back to back. I also had more paperwork to fill out prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of what would you do questions.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interviewed by hr manager and assistant store manager. Asked to reference specific work scenarios and experiences. Similar questions by both interviewers. In most cases both interviews are conducted on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went beyond your job description for a customer.   Answer Question