Lowe's

2.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews (was even brought on-site) over the course of 2 months.

Here are my overall thoughts about the company and team interview:

- Company seems like a good place to work (just a little old school).

- The Mooresville campus is gorgeous.

- Heard a lot of "drinking the kool-aid" comments which can be both good or bad.

- The team I interviewed with seemed to be focused more on theories rather than every day practical applications.

- Some of the people interviewing had far less experience and it was obvious when I asked them questions about their jobs/experience.

- The job description was more of a training role rather than ID (they outsource their eLearning development FYI).

- The recruiter was more interested in his phone than me when he was giving me a "tour."

Just make sure you do your homework and ask a TON of questions because some things get lost in translation. It's a decent place to work, just not for me.

OPE Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

I was hired from within so I was notified of the job opening from a manager. I simply applied and was interviewed once before accepting the position. I did take them a while to interview all candidates.

Interview Questions
    They simply stated what my hourly pay would be and I accepted.

Corporate - BUsiness Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

I had multiple phone interviews that seemed to go well. Then an onsite interview; the campus is beautiful and is a very nice facility with a lot to offer. But the experience was like no other; it was just strange. I had panel interview and each was only interested in their printed list of questions in front of them and that was it. Getting through the list was what was most important. I felt like there was a specific answer they wanted for each question, but I didn't seem to be able to give it to them. On the list, there was no attempt to 'sell' me the company as there have been in other interviews. I was not extended an offer, but I wouldn't have taken it. There was such an awkward vibe there; the place was too quiet.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral - name a situation when you...   Answer Question

Internet Fulfillment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

When I applied I was already working for Lowe's as a cashier. I applied online and got an interview with the HR who was friendly and asked all the same questions I got when I applied for the cashier position. The same day I got an interview with the Administrative Zone Manager. He was professional and asked all the typical interview questions as well. 2 days later I got offered the job

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Got way more than expected!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2013.

Submitted application online. Screening test online. Contacted within 2 days for an interview.

there was no negotion

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Not much to say. Basic questions. Interviewer was very kind.

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

When I was hired as a seasonal cashier it went by really fast. They called me and asked me by phone if I would be willing to work at the Outside Lawn and Garden register. I said yes then they gave me an interview for the following day. I met the HR manager...very professional and asked me the "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Then I talked to the store manager and he gave me the job right on the spot! Now when I applied for the permanent position...it was exactly the same....with the same questions...same deal only it took 2 to 3 weeks to hear back

Interview Questions
    • Dont remember the exact wording....but it was about telling her a time I gave bad instructions and what did I do.   View Answer
    No negotiation I was happy to accept...in this economy? lol I am glad I was even offered it

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

Typical interview to weed out non potential candidates

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2012.

It was really fast for me. I had applied on Friday then I got a call Sunday and they asked me a few questions like why do you want to work at Lowe's and if I would be willing to work outside in the lawn and garden. I then got an interview set up 1:1 with the HR manager the following day. I came in 30min early. There were 3 of us waiting to be interviewed. The interview with the HR was a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." as soon as I finished she gave me a description of the job for me to read and sign agreeing to perform those duties. Then I met with the store manager and have other "Tell me about a time when...." Both HR and store manager were very proffesional. My store manager gave the the job on the spot and told me to go get my drug test done. That was it!

Advice that I can offer is be professional and confident, let them know your serious and that you want to make sales. Add-on sales are key.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was necessary as they gave me more than I expected.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxhaw, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxhaw, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

I applied online, called the HR manager a few days later. She asked me to come in for an interview with her. After that a few days later, I interviewed with another manager and they told me I may have to interview a third time with the store manager, however they skipped this and offered me the job right there. They will do a drug test on the spot, but the background check will take a few days. The HR manager told me that I was hired because I took the initiative to call her...