Lowe's Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate - BUsiness Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

I had multiple phone interviews that seemed to go well. Then an onsite interview; the campus is beautiful and is a very nice facility with a lot to offer. But the experience was like no other; it was just strange. I had panel interview and each was only interested in their printed list of questions in front of them and that was it. Getting through the list was what was most important. I felt like there was a specific answer they wanted for each question, but I didn't seem to be able to give it to them. On the list, there was no attempt to 'sell' me the company as there have been in other interviews. I was not extended an offer, but I wouldn't have taken it. There was such an awkward vibe there; the place was too quiet.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral - name a situation when you...   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Not much to say. Basic questions. Interviewer was very kind.

Internet Fulfillment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

When I applied I was already working for Lowe's as a cashier. I applied online and got an interview with the HR who was friendly and asked all the same questions I got when I applied for the cashier position. The same day I got an interview with the Administrative Zone Manager. He was professional and asked all the typical interview questions as well. 2 days later I got offered the job

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Got way more than expected!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2013.

Submitted application online. Screening test online. Contacted within 2 days for an interview.

there was no negotion

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

Typical interview to weed out non potential candidates

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2009.

Interview to enter SMTP - store manager training program. Behavioral based testing and face to face situational/ role playing interview with panel observing.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing/ interviewer as a subordinate manager: "I cannot do my job."
      Me: " If you feel that way then you need to make a decision if you want to step down to another opportunity." I then proceeded to ask more detailed questions as to why, what, who...
      Feedback given later: "You were too forward and needed to be more empathetic"
        Answer Question
    This is your salary. It is non-negotiable.

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2008.

Terrible, they want to interview a retired contractor and ask them if they can sell windows, roofs, and fences. The person conducting the interview was a graduate from Herzing College with a degree in computers and no experience in contracting??????

Interview Questions
    • I was aked if I minded assisting in store operations when the store was short staffed. Have you ever been to a Lowes and thought it was properly staffed? I wanted to sell as they call them "exterior products" and make money. Not tell some lady which paint would look nice on the prefab shelving made in China she was buying 2 rows over.   View Answer
    None, base plus commission only.

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

When I was hired as a seasonal cashier it went by really fast. They called me and asked me by phone if I would be willing to work at the Outside Lawn and Garden register. I said yes then they gave me an interview for the following day. I met the HR manager...very professional and asked me the "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Then I talked to the store manager and he gave me the job right on the spot! Now when I applied for the permanent position...it was exactly the same....with the same questions...same deal only it took 2 to 3 weeks to hear back

Interview Questions
    • Dont remember the exact wording....but it was about telling her a time I gave bad instructions and what did I do.   View Answer
    No negotiation I was happy to accept...in this economy? lol I am glad I was even offered it

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2012.

It was really fast for me. I had applied on Friday then I got a call Sunday and they asked me a few questions like why do you want to work at Lowe's and if I would be willing to work outside in the lawn and garden. I then got an interview set up 1:1 with the HR manager the following day. I came in 30min early. There were 3 of us waiting to be interviewed. The interview with the HR was a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." as soon as I finished she gave me a description of the job for me to read and sign agreeing to perform those duties. Then I met with the store manager and have other "Tell me about a time when...." Both HR and store manager were very proffesional. My store manager gave the the job on the spot and told me to go get my drug test done. That was it!

Advice that I can offer is be professional and confident, let them know your serious and that you want to make sales. Add-on sales are key.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was necessary as they gave me more than I expected.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waxhaw, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxhaw, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

I applied online, called the HR manager a few days later. She asked me to come in for an interview with her. After that a few days later, I interviewed with another manager and they told me I may have to interview a third time with the store manager, however they skipped this and offered me the job right there. They will do a drug test on the spot, but the background check will take a few days. The HR manager told me that I was hired because I took the initiative to call her...

Interview Questions

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!