Lowe's

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.4

Customer Service Associate I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Process was fast. It was done very professionally. Got a call from the HR management and got scheduled for an interview. The interview was short. Nothing too difficult. Questions on how do you handle difficult situations with peers, customers etc

Interview Questions
  • A time when you could not fulfil a promise, what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
Non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

I was called to set up an interview. A very short questionnaire interview with the human resource supervisor, then onto another interview with the assistant manager. Again a script he followed.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. You learned of your hourly wage in orientation.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview process starts with the HR representative and then if you called back depending on what department and what title. The questions are different depending on the level of employment and for CSA positions questions are simple asking things like, "name a time where you had to complete a task where you had to go above and beyond for a customer."

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you failed a task. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    They offered me a wage and because I was young and didn't have retail experience I did not ask for more. If I could go back I would have tried to negotiate for a little more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Since I only went in to be interviewed for a week shifts, the interview process with the Assistant Store Manager and the HR Manager was very easy. Basically, standard customer services question. Asked about five or six questions, I was asked to submit a sample for drug test. I was given some more paper works to filled out for background check. A week later, I was told to come in to work.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Filled out job app. online. WIthing 3 days I was called to come in for an interview. I had an interview with the HR and it was seriously the typical questions that you'll find if you search on google "job interview questions". The guy was nice, I didn't get the job I called back and I was told I was the fifth on the list out of 27 people and that they interview the first three on the list first and then move on from there.

Interview Questions
    • "Okay I have asked you a lot of questions, it is your turn to interview me...."   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied via the internet, and received a call about a week later. I had an interview with the HR and an Assistant Store Manager, which went along the lines of "Tell me about a time when you couldn't deliver on a promise for a customer?" Then I got a call.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were criticized by an employer, and how did you handle that situation?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation for me

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and got a call a couple days later. Came in and got interviews by someone in HR. After that, one of the managers interviewed me and basically asked the same type of questions. Overall it took about an hour, they said they would give me a call in about a week, but instead I got a call in two days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you have had to deal with many different tasks at once. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you have had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Why would you want to work at Lowes and what can you bring to this store?   Answer Question

I found out that I would only be working weekends and holidays, and that is not the type of job that I am looking for.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview was face to face with the HR Manager, and then the General Manager. The questions were pretty general, such as "Why do you want to work for Lowe's?", or "What past experience do you have dealing with customers?"

Interview Questions
    • Knowing I didn't have any previous work experience, they would still ask me questions relating to previous jobs.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in July 2012.

Moderate interview in my opinion. First interview will be with the HR manager. Typical questions included past experience and how you went about doing said jobs. Other questions will include rating your handiness, if you believe you could put together displays and how long it would take, etc. Second interview is with an Assistant Store Manager, and mine was almost the exact same list of questions, so be prepared to remember prior answers. Overall, if you get your second interview, you're pretty much golden.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question asked was how I would go about helping a customer plan a project. It was difficult because I had never worked retail before, so I didn't really know the procedure, but just think like you're a customer who knows what they're looking for and you'll most likely give the right answer.   Answer Question
    Hours are non-negotiable. You're scheduled what you're scheduled and that's for everybody, including managers. My beginning pay with no retail experience was $8.88, so I had no reason to negotiate.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Relatively simple process of being interviewed first by HR Manager and then the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you told a customer the wrong information and what did you to do to rectify the situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation