Lowe's

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was called to set up an interview. A very short questionnaire interview with the human resource supervisor, then onto another interview with the assistant manager. Again a script he followed.

Interview Question – A whole bunch of...tell me a specific time...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. You learned of your hourly wage in orientation.

Customer Service Associate I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with the HR representative and then if you called back depending on what department and what title. The questions are different depending on the level of employment and for CSA positions questions are simple asking things like, "name a time where you had to complete a task where you had to go above and beyond for a customer."

Interview Question – Name a time where you failed a task. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a wage and because I was young and didn't have retail experience I did not ask for more. If I could go back I would have tried to negotiate for a little more.

Binghamton, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was called shortly after I filled out my online application. I scheduled and in-person interview for the following week. I showed up and the HR manager was in another meeting so I was told I had to reschedule and come back another time. I did exactly that and was then interviewed by both the HR manager and the sales manager. Each interview lasted approximately 10 minutes. Both managers asked basic STAR questions and took notes as I responded. They did not ask any unexpected questions. I was then told that I would receive a call from them the following week, but I did not, so I called them. I ended up having to follow up two more times before they called me giving me their offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Lowe's.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was told that the hourly pay that was offered was non-negotiable.

Customer Service Associate I

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call within a weak. The first interview was with the HR supervisor. The 1st interview basically prepared me for the second interview with the store manager. During the 1st interview, the HR supervisor asked about my background, tested my communication skills, and provided me with questions that the store manager may ask during my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview with store manager was very easy. Both interviews lasted abour 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Since I only went in to be interviewed for a week shifts, the interview process with the Assistant Store Manager and the HR Manager was very easy. Basically, standard customer services question. Asked about five or six questions, I was asked to submit a sample for drug test. I was given some more paper works to filled out for background check. A week later, I was told to come in to work.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic and very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out job app. online. WIthing 3 days I was called to come in for an interview. I had an interview with the HR and it was seriously the typical questions that you'll find if you search on google "job interview questions". The guy was nice, I didn't get the job I called back and I was told I was the fifth on the list out of 27 people and that they interview the first three on the list first and then move on from there.

Interview Question – "Okay I have asked you a lot of questions, it is your turn to interview me...."   Answer Question

Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2012.

Interview Details – Moderate interview in my opinion. First interview will be with the HR manager. Typical questions included past experience and how you went about doing said jobs. Other questions will include rating your handiness, if you believe you could put together displays and how long it would take, etc. Second interview is with an Assistant Store Manager, and mine was almost the exact same list of questions, so be prepared to remember prior answers. Overall, if you get your second interview, you're pretty much golden.

Interview Question – Most difficult question asked was how I would go about helping a customer plan a project. It was difficult because I had never worked retail before, so I didn't really know the procedure, but just think like you're a customer who knows what they're looking for and you'll most likely give the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours are non-negotiable. You're scheduled what you're scheduled and that's for everybody, including managers. My beginning pay with no retail experience was $8.88, so I had no reason to negotiate.

Customer Service Associate I

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Applied via the internet, and received a call about a week later. I had an interview with the HR and an Assistant Store Manager, which went along the lines of "Tell me about a time when you couldn't deliver on a promise for a customer?" Then I got a call.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were criticized by an employer, and how did you handle that situation?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for me

West Chester, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a couple days later. Came in and got interviews by someone in HR. After that, one of the managers interviewed me and basically asked the same type of questions. Overall it took about an hour, they said they would give me a call in about a week, but instead I got a call in two days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to deal with many different tasks at once. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you have had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
  • Why would you want to work at Lowes and what can you bring to this store?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found out that I would only be working weekends and holidays, and that is not the type of job that I am looking for.

Very Easy Interview

Bristol, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2012.

Interview Details – For CSA, very easy interview. Start with HR, then ASM, then SM. HR and ASM asks basic behavioral assessment questions and SM just confirms thier assessment. Be ready to share actual events that have happened at previous jobs

Interview Question – nothing difficult about this interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations allowed

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Customer Service Associate I interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.