Lowe's

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.4

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. Went in for the interview and was offered the job on the spot. Waited for drug test and background to clear then I was good to go. Computer generated my compensation but it was pretty fair.

Computer generates wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring process was fairly quick in my opinion. I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. I was able to do my drug screening and some HR paperwork in the first meeting.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straightforward and to the point.   Answer Question
    Did not have to because the offer was more than a large number or other associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

During the interview, I felt that they already knew exactly who they were going to hire. I was simply one of the CYA candidates. The worst hiring process I've witnessed. I always thought that Lowe's would be more professional than this. Many companies are falling victim to the INTERNET JOB SCREENING SCAM. Lowe's is willing to pay an internet company that "supposedly" specializes in the job screening process and will do it for far less cost than in house. Sounds great but never works that well. This is how companies end up asking totally stupid questions of a candidate. Companies need to get back to dwelling on the POSITIVE side of business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Front Royal, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Front Royal, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

I saw the Store Manager during the interview process and everything went smoothly. I had heard from others, who saw the HR rep, that things did not go as smoothly for them. Your typical questions were asked: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Why should we hire you? Everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much of one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

I had two interviews in one day. First interview with the Human Resources associate. Second with the store manager. It took a week or so for a call back, and I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly can't remember. The questions were pretty simple. I had never worked customer service let alone a hardware store so I didn't have experience in those departments.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II Interview

first- Complete an online questionnaire requiring the most ideal answer and the least ideal answer. This is almost like a personality test. If you pass through the filters, they will set up a first interview which is with HR in-store. Next, is the interview with an assistant store manager and sometimes the store manager. this is usually a 2 part interview- each half done by the asm and then the sm.

Interview Questions
    • Typically required a lot of "give me an example of a time when..." like ...when you told a customer a wrong answer then later realized it.   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Applied in the beginning of February. Recieved a call to come in for an interview mid February with HR. The interview with hr went well asked basic questions like why lowes? How did you handle a time you disagreed with supervisor, How did you handle an angry customer, etc. I was then advised I would get a call the next week to interview with Assistant store manager. The next week interviewed with the assistant store manger and they asked me similar questions to hr and then asked me to pick a dept and tell how I would sell product or assist customer in that dept, etc. The next week I met with the store manager which really wasn't an interview just went over job description again and advised of expectations and hours would be working. I was made an offer and accepted. Overall the process wasn't bad. I think a bubbly personality and preparation will get you an offer. Before you interview just make sure you know about lowes and can recall previous customer service experiences and relay what's important. Good luck !

Interview Questions
    • How would you assist a customer that said they did not need help and was just looking?   View Answers (2)
    I did not negotiate because I heard it was based on how well you score on the interview and its computer based. The store manager made an offer and I accepted. I think it a decent salary for part time work. I think anyone going forward can at least ask if there's room for negotiation, it won't hurt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring and interview process was very smooth and well organized. initial interview took about 45 minutes with two different managers. both were very nice people. They did not make me feel pressured or nervous at all. Got a call about 30 minutes after I left the store with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Basic scenario interview aka "Name a time when you.....". They will call for a second interview and do a mouth swab drug test when you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were working on a task without any supervision or making decisions without a supervisor?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

I applied online for several positions and got a call 3 weeks later. Was interviewed by HR Manager and the Assistant Store Manager assigned to the Department I was hired for. I was told they have to interview at least 3 people before job offer. Interview was basic situation questions. Easy, if you have experience, 1) Tell me about a time you disagree with your manager, what was it and how did you resolve it. 2) Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your co-worker, what was the situation and how did you handle it. 3) Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer, what did you do and what was the outcome. 4) How do handle an irate customer? 5) Why do you want to work for Lowe's 6) Tell me about yourself. The questions are read from a script, six questions in all. Job is offered to the highest point earner. Took a mouth swab test and received my schedule a week later

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was "tell me about a time you disagree with your manager"   View Answer
    ADP generates the pay which made it look non-negotiable, but if you can tell them you deserve more because you have had such and such experience similar to what you are applying for in a retail or especially in a hardware store, they will increase your pay to the extent that the computer allows them. Your pay is negotiable with the computer not HR. I negotiated my pay and was increased by 0.70 cents, which I gladly accepted