Lowe's

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pico Rivera, CA

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – I had two interviews in one day. First interview with the Human Resources associate. Second with the store manager. It took a week or so for a call back, and I was told I got the job.

Interview Question – I honestly can't remember. The questions were pretty simple. I had never worked customer service let alone a hardware store so I didn't have experience in those departments.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Latham, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Simple (mouth swab) drug test to pass, asked questions about passed experience related to the position, higher pay rate for different skills that you may have (such as being able to operate power equipment), just be yourself!

Interview Question – The interview was not hard at all. Just know a little background about the company (values / mission).   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in the beginning of February. Recieved a call to come in for an interview mid February with HR. The interview with hr went well asked basic questions like why lowes? How did you handle a time you disagreed with supervisor, How did you handle an angry customer, etc. I was then advised I would get a call the next week to interview with Assistant store manager. The next week interviewed with the assistant store manger and they asked me similar questions to hr and then asked me to pick a dept and tell how I would sell product or assist customer in that dept, etc. The next week I met with the store manager which really wasn't an interview just went over job description again and advised of expectations and hours would be working. I was made an offer and accepted. Overall the process wasn't bad. I think a bubbly personality and preparation will get you an offer. Before you interview just make sure you know about lowes and can recall previous customer service experiences and relay what's important. Good luck !

Interview Question – How would you assist a customer that said they did not need help and was just looking?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I heard it was based on how well you score on the interview and its computer based. The store manager made an offer and I accepted. I think it a decent salary for part time work. I think anyone going forward can at least ask if there's room for negotiation, it won't hurt.

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very smooth and well organized. initial interview took about 45 minutes with two different managers. both were very nice people. They did not make me feel pressured or nervous at all. Got a call about 30 minutes after I left the store with a job offer!

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – Basic scenario interview aka "Name a time when you.....". They will call for a second interview and do a mouth swab drug test when you are hired.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were working on a task without any supervision or making decisions without a supervisor?   View Answer

Antioch, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was typical of most interviews and it followed a set structure. I was called in for the first interview with the human resources manager, she like me, so i was later called in for another interview with an assistant manager, she also liked me, so finally i was set up with an interview with the store manager, he liked me. So i was offered a job and accepted.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the questions asked are very typical of an interview process. I do recall having to come up with some things on the spot but the questions are not too difficult. There were some situational questions that have an obvious answer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview for a 25 to 30 hour a week customer service associate after applying about 3 weeks earlier. I met with the Human Resources person on Monday and had about a 25 minute interview (she asked me about 10 questions) and then she asked me to come back the next day to meet the assistant store manager. I came back the next day (Tuesday) and met with the assistant store manager and he asked me about 10 questions (the same as before but worded differently) and we spoke for about 20 minutes. He then had me ask him some questions and he asked me to come back the next day to see the store manager.

Finally, I came back on Wednesday and met with the store manager and we talked for a good half an hour and she said she would hire me pending I passed a background check and an Oral (saliva) drug test. She game me the deal and the contract stipulation paperwork. I happily signed and then gave them my Social Security information as well as an ID and they put in my background check information whilst I took a drug test.

They said they would call me the next Monday to set up orientation (the drug test is sent via Fed Ex to Quest Diagnostics in Sarasota Florida which can take a day or two to be analyzed). I got a call Monday and began a 5 day training on Tuesday.

Interview Question – All the questions were very basic (mostly "name a time when"). The hardest part was trying to relay my volunteer/school experience to getting a job with little retail experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because I had some experience in building projects and a college degree they put me in their secondary pay bracket... which was $10.29 an hour. My states minimum wage is $7.25 an hour (so I had no reason to negotiate; in fact, you would have to be mad to do so).

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Applied online
2) Received a phone call in 10 days for an interview
3) Interviews with HR and with a store manager (general questions: give me an example when this....that....what did you do....how did it turn out?)
4) Was told I would hear back within a week and a half
5) Got a call the next day for an offer at $11 per hour
6) Went in two 3 days later to finish paperwork

Interview Question – All easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Pay is alright at $11
still better then getting $0 at home doing nothing. No complaining, its an opportunity!

Customer Service Associate II

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was called and set up an interview the next day. Went for the interview and had an interview with the HR manager and right after that had an interview with the assistant store manager. The HR manager ask you questions about your past work experiences good and bad. Then the assistant store manger asked questions about how I would go about dealing with customers in the store in a certain department.

Interview Question – What did you do wrong in past jobs and how did you go about making up for it?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, multi questions with both HR and assistant manager. Drug testing. Dress professionally. Very basic questions

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not hard the offer was more than expected

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Customer Service Associate II interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.