Lowe's Customer Service Associate III Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a couple days later to come in for face to face interview. HR manager was very friendly. Once going through about seven behavior/experience questions, he asked if I had questions for him. He said they would make their decision over the weekend and call everyone back. They called back on Monday to let me know that they gave the position to an internal candidate, but would like to offer me a position as a seasonal cashier. Went ahead and accepted offer, which I was then asked to come in for a drug test. She said that the orientation would be in a week.

Interview Questions

• All questions that were asked were the same as listed from previous posts on Glassdoor. I went though and typed all questions that were asked in previous interviews and applied my experience and feelings to each question. Once in the interview, I was able to quickly respond with detailed answers. The only question that I had not seen on Glassdoor which threw me off was, "Tell me about a time you had to help others to get away from an unsafe situation?" I told the HR manager that I could explain a time that I had to inform my employer of a situation that was legally unsafe for the company and needed immediate attention. He said that would be fine.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Rancho Cordova, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers each with a scripted set of interview questions. Each rated the response to "tell me about...." Very subjective and totally unrelated to the position. Was told that another candidate scored a couple points higher.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. Why do you want this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Brick, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview with HR primarily included a review of a fairly generic job description. This was followed by a sit down with an ASM who asked situational questions off of a form. Later, they did a drug screen via a saliva test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer and how the situation resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told my pay rate was determined by the computer making it entirely democratic. No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Ware, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Ware, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Long and rather unnecessary. To be honest, Home Depot's Interview Process is much more simple and to the point. Some questions asked seem redundant or seem to have more than one answer, but in the end the test is really designed to determine your knowledge and decision making skills.

Interview Questions

• When helping answer a customer's question, how should you proceed to assist them?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interviewed by two assistant store managers, one of which took probably 10 calls on her cell phone during the interview. It seemed like they were just going through the motions, not really responding to how I answered their questions, which they were reading from a script. I was not impressed, and if I do get an offer, I would probably decline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were criticized, how you responded, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

you will 1st be interviewed by HR and a associate manager, then 2nd by store manager, questions focus on personal experiences where you deal with a particular situation and how you handle such situation, 3 people will be interviewed for any position, the best interview gets the job unless no one gave satisfactory interview. If you have a friend in the company it will give you more pull. Best advice...be sure that you will be available to work 24/7.

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell a product from a sister department over the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depends on position.

Anonymous Employee in Union Gap, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Union Gap, WA) in September 2008.

Interview

From the time they first call you in until the last day of orientation they are closely listening/watching your every move. The HR manager told me (after I finished my training), that from the first time she called me to come in for an interview that she was testing to see how I spoke to a stranger. So act firm and outgoing during the whole process. Oh and dont forget to smile, sit-up straight, and keep eye contact during your interview. This company really watches for these things. You will also be asked questions like "name a time where you were put into a difficult situation, but were able to get out of it". With these just try and remain calm, but dont take too long to answer the question, otherwise they think you are lying.

Interview Questions

• What are your concerns for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very reasonable. They know what they expect from you from the get-go and they pay you well for it too.

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online and took the assessment quiz. Not knowing the company's policies I answered them to the best of my ability. I waited for a week and no response. Finally called to ask my status and was offered an interview. The position open was for a full-time customer service associate III in the outdoor garden department. I have over thirty years experience in the landscape industry dealing with all types of clients and felt I could offer some valuable experience to this position. Interviewed with the HR department head and was asked five or so questions concerning situations positive and negative results I had been involved with. I was then sent to a assistant manager for more of the same type questions. This manager told me that a decision would be made by the coming Monday, I called on Wednesday for a status update and no decision yet. On Lowe's website you can check job submission status and I was under consideration for several days but after my status inquiry I was put into the NO LONGER UNDER CONSIDERATION category. Shortly after this I received an email stating I was not being considered for this position. Having the experience in the landscape industry I gave complete answers to the questions asked. Both managers I interviewed with were cordial seemed interested in my answers based on my experiences. I may not have the "RETAIL" experience behind my resume but thirty years in the same field with clients of all walks of life should have given me a better than even chance at this position.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are key characteristics that a customer service associate should have?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with HR personnell then with Assistant Store Manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not understand directions and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation