Lowe's

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview with HR primarily included a review of a fairly generic job description. This was followed by a sit down with an ASM who asked situational questions off of a form. Later, they did a drug screen via a saliva test.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a difficult customer and how the situation resolved.   Answer Question
I was told my pay rate was determined by the computer making it entirely democratic. No negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interviewed by two assistant store managers, one of which took probably 10 calls on her cell phone during the interview. It seemed like they were just going through the motions, not really responding to how I answered their questions, which they were reading from a script. I was not impressed, and if I do get an offer, I would probably decline.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were criticized, how you responded, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

you will 1st be interviewed by HR and a associate manager, then 2nd by store manager, questions focus on personal experiences where you deal with a particular situation and how you handle such situation, 3 people will be interviewed for any position, the best interview gets the job unless no one gave satisfactory interview. If you have a friend in the company it will give you more pull. Best advice...be sure that you will be available to work 24/7.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to sell a product from a sister department over the phone.   Answer Question
    Depends on position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Gap, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Gap, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2008.

From the time they first call you in until the last day of orientation they are closely listening/watching your every move. The HR manager told me (after I finished my training), that from the first time she called me to come in for an interview that she was testing to see how I spoke to a stranger. So act firm and outgoing during the whole process. Oh and dont forget to smile, sit-up straight, and keep eye contact during your interview. This company really watches for these things.

You will also be asked questions like "name a time where you were put into a difficult situation, but were able to get out of it". With these just try and remain calm, but dont take too long to answer the question, otherwise they think you are lying.

Interview Questions
    Very reasonable. They know what they expect from you from the get-go and they pay you well for it too.

Customer Service Associate III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2011.

Applied online and took the assessment quiz. Not knowing the company's policies I answered them to the best of my ability. I waited for a week and no response. Finally called to ask my status and was offered an
    interview. The position open was for a full-time customer service associate III in the outdoor garden department. I have over thirty years experience in the landscape industry dealing with all types of clients
    and felt I could offer some valuable experience to this position. Interviewed with the HR department head
    and was asked five or so questions concerning situations positive and negative results I had been involved
    with. I was then sent to a assistant manager for more of the same type questions. This manager told me that a decision would be made by the coming Monday, I called on Wednesday for a status update and no
    decision yet. On Lowe's website you can check job submission status and I was under consideration for several days but after my status inquiry I was put into the NO LONGER UNDER CONSIDERATION category.
    Shortly after this I received an email stating I was not being considered for this position. Having the experience in the landscape industry I gave complete answers to the questions asked. Both managers
    I interviewed with were cordial seemed interested in my answers based on my experiences. I may not
    have the "RETAIL" experience behind my resume but thirty years in the same field with clients of all
    walks of life should have given me a better than even chance at this position.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are key characteristics that a customer service associate should have?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate III Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in July 2011.

Interviewed with HR personnell then with Assistant Store Manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not understand directions and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    No negotiation