Lowe's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2009.

Interview Details – Will only hire part time now, full time positons are only for management. Process from submitting an application can take 2-3 months before they offer you a job

Interview Question – Please explain a situation where you were in charge or a leader and how you handled the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available you take what they offer to you. If you ask for more they will offer the position to the next person that they interviewed.

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – Experience based questions. "Tell me about at time......" Very laid back

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you sold something, where did you work, and what was the result?   Answer Question

North Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2012.

Interview Details – Computer test....simple math and ethics questions

Interview Question – Describe your most difficult customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation limited, but I had successful background in the business

Haverhill, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is very thorough almost to the point of excessive. First interview was with HR. Then I had to go back to meet with the department head, and then for an additional interview with the store manager. Once offered the job, drug test is mandatory.

Interview Question – You have a lot of experience. Why do you want to be a cashier?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. for such a basic position, they just advised what I would be making.

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2009.

Interview Details – HR manager interview, then interviewed with the store manager. Pretty basic questionaire that both are reading from and scoring you right in front of you. Not too stressful because you can tell they aren't really interested in what you're saying. Totally depends on who you end up interviewing with though, I've worked in a few different stores and the level of professionalism among managers varies greatly.

Interview Question – A lot of customer service "tell me about a time" kind of things.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much to negotiate, but the whole formula was pretty much explained to justify the offer. Prior big box retail experience helped, and a college degree helped as well. I don't think they even have the ability to offer more, as they have had to cut back a lot on raises and payroll recently.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate IV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, called for interview, interview w/HR, Dept Mgr then Zone Mgr, called back the following day, took drug test & started the day after. Typical retail interview questions. Great job if you can wk any hours and are flexiable to be "deployed" whenever and wherever needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle a furious customer making a scene.   Answer Question
  • Tell of a time you weren't able to complete your tasks and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Written down on form & shown to me, no negotiation. Decent pay considering the economy.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!