Lowe's

Updated Aug 16, 2014

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

initially very friendly and personable, after that for new position, redundant, after the initial time. The HR Mgr and Store Manager are very down to earth and intelligent people.

Interview Questions
  • name something a customer wanted to purchase that the store didn't carry and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

Experience based questions. "Tell me about at time......" Very laid back

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you sold something, where did you work, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2012.

Computer test....simple math and ethics questions

Interview Questions
    Negotiation limited, but I had successful background in the business

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2010.

Interview process is very thorough almost to the point of excessive. First interview was with HR. Then I had to go back to meet with the department head, and then for an additional interview with the store manager. Once offered the job, drug test is mandatory.

Interview Questions
    • You have a lot of experience. Why do you want to be a cashier?   View Answer
    no negotiation. for such a basic position, they just advised what I would be making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2009.

HR manager interview, then interviewed with the store manager. Pretty basic questionaire that both are reading from and scoring you right in front of you. Not too stressful because you can tell they aren't really interested in what you're saying. Totally depends on who you end up interviewing with though, I've worked in a few different stores and the level of professionalism among managers varies greatly.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of customer service "tell me about a time" kind of things.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much to negotiate, but the whole formula was pretty much explained to justify the offer. Prior big box retail experience helped, and a college degree helped as well. I don't think they even have the ability to offer more, as they have had to cut back a lot on raises and payroll recently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2009.

Will only hire part time now, full time positons are only for management. Process from submitting an application can take 2-3 months before they offer you a job

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a situation where you were in charge or a leader and how you handled the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available you take what they offer to you. If you ask for more they will offer the position to the next person that they interviewed.

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

Applied online, called for interview, interview w/HR, Dept Mgr then Zone Mgr, called back the following day, took drug test & started the day after. Typical retail interview questions. Great job if you can wk any hours and are flexiable to be "deployed" whenever and wherever needed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you handle a furious customer making a scene.   Answer Question
    • Tell of a time you weren't able to complete your tasks and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Written down on form & shown to me, no negotiation. Decent pay considering the economy.