Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2014

2.3

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions
  • If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question
Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Took two months from start to finish, the offer process was smooth and timely and negotiating was not needed after offer was accepted. Interview started as phone conversation and then a one on one and then interview panel.

Customer Service Associate Interview

It`s the usual Lowes interview with trying to recall a time you went out of your way at a previous job and what was the result? A few days after interview I got called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All Lowes interviews are the same.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and roughly two weeks later I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was held 5 days after the phone call. It was a structured interview. First interview was with the HR manager, then I waited until the Assistant Store Manager was available to interview me. Both interviews took place the same day.

I asked about pay rate and they said it varies from person to person. They enter in various factors such as education and experience and then notify the candidate of the pay rate if they are given a job offer. The interviews were very basic, included questions such as explain a situation with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem, tell me about a time you sold something to someone, tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it, how do you prioritize at work at your current job, what type of work environment do you prefer, etc. Very basic scenarios from past work or school experiences. They take notes of your responses.

The entire interview process took probably about 30-40 minutes. There were others waiting to be interviewed, however each interview was one on one and I had no group interviews. Both interviewers were very nice and happy to answer any questions.

The next day they called and offered me the job, asked me to come in that day for drug test (cheek swab) and basic paperwork. Scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks after initial interview. The pay I was offered was $9.93/hr for full-time CSA.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just be prepared to tell about past experiences assisting an upset customer or a similar example from school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. As I mentioned in my review, they use a formula to determine an offer. Employment (at least at the location I interviewed) is at-will, so I may leave if I receive a better offer elsewhere.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Three Interviews. All pretty easy. The purpose is to show that you are gregarious enoungh to engage customers. Additionally, unlike some retailers, they want you to have some relevant background in home improvement or the products offered at Lowe's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

For weekend shift Fri 5-10 Sat and Sun 9-5. Got phone call scheduled interview for a few days later. Initial HR interview was only about 10 minutes with about 20 minutes of waiting. Reviewed work history and what job entailed. Questions centered around abilities and past experience. Got second interview with manager then and there. Form read questions all centered on how I handled difficult situations in past work experiences; dealing with problem people or making mistakes. Felt like I did well but my availability was sketchy for a set work schedule they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a mistake you have made while working.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview is the same for all non management positions. Applied online and got called in for an interview about a week later. Had a basic interview with HR (tell me about a time when...) and then right away interviewed with the department's assistant store manager. The 2nd interview asked a lot of the same questions as the first but a few more too. I interviewed one person so I got to see how the process worked. They grade your answers on a scale of 1-3 and the highest score gets the offer. The important thing is to answer the question they ask, you can say something really great but if you miss the point of the question they won't grade you well. Most of the time they won't converse with you at all, they just write down everything you say so they can review it later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? about a time you had an upset customer and what did you do to fix it?, what qualities are most important for this position?, about a time when you had to work as a team, were there any conflicts, and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question
    I later learned that I probably could have negotiated but the offer was higher than I was expecting anyway so I accepted.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview wasn't bad. They ask a lot of situational questions related to experiences in your previous employment so be ready for that. The questions are also preset.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember which questions but I was trying to think of an example of a past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the pay rate is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moore, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moore, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interviewed with HR, Assistant Store Manager, and Store Manager. once completed, they will call you to notify of job offer. if they don't call you then you did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, they tell you what you will make

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring process consists of two major parts. The initial one being the interview. You are shown your duties for the position you are applying for and the are asked several "what did / would you do" questions pertaining to your respective position. You submit a drug test there on the spot and a background check. If you are selected and your drug/background checks out you then begin orientation where you go through several online training modules. This may be extremely dull so I suggest copious amounts of caffeine. Toward the end of orientation you are paired up with someone senior in your department and you are slowly introduced to your position and inherent duties.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you dealt with a problem customer or employee and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    None. You are given a set salary. Take it or leave it.