Lowe's

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Simple interview, very quick process. I applied online to the position and within 10 days had the interview, was given the offer and within the next week had started the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Yakima, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview Details – Received an e-mail late on Friday night asking me to come in at 6am on Saturday morning. HR said it was a test. I filled out my availability and did a second interview the same week. I was given a job offer. Pay went up one dollar an hour after "seasonal" position was over and i became permanent.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to work with a group to complete a project. How did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Marble Falls, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Interview Details – What I was offered and what I received were not the same. HR personel have no training or education in that position. Interview time was changed 3 times because she was off (drove there 2 to be told to call back later)

Interview Question – HR personal not very engaged in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – turned out to be untrue

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't bad. They ask a lot of situational questions related to experiences in your previous employment so be ready for that. The questions are also preset.

Interview Question – Can't remember which questions but I was trying to think of an example of a past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the pay rate is set.

Wilkesboro, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was already a contractor for a new product release and was asked if I was interested in permanent employment. Several of us were "rushed" through interview process because a new class was starting within a few weeks. Company already had information on customer service skills, phone manners, etc., but still had to go through several tests - typing while listening, typing accuracy, etc.

Interview Question – None during initial interview for initial customer service interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, assessment. Called in for an interview. Unprofessional because I waited 30 minutes for the first interview and another 30 minutes for the second interview. One was with HR, the other with the manager of the department. All behavioral and read off of a piece of paper. Did feel impersonal because of that. Questions are customer oriented. would be hard interview for someone with little customer service experience. (Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, when you were criticized by someone, when you made a mistake). They choose candidates based on the total score. They rate each answer with a certain amount of points.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to go back on a promise to a customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Moore, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR, Assistant Store Manager, and Store Manager. once completed, they will call you to notify of job offer. if they don't call you then you did not get the job.

Interview Question – All questions are pretty self-explainatory   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they tell you what you will make

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The hiring process consists of two major parts. The initial one being the interview. You are shown your duties for the position you are applying for and the are asked several "what did / would you do" questions pertaining to your respective position. You submit a drug test there on the spot and a background check. If you are selected and your drug/background checks out you then begin orientation where you go through several online training modules. This may be extremely dull so I suggest copious amounts of caffeine. Toward the end of orientation you are paired up with someone senior in your department and you are slowly introduced to your position and inherent duties.

Interview Question – Describe a time you dealt with a problem customer or employee and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. You are given a set salary. Take it or leave it.

Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Well I went online an applied to lowes.com Then called the store the next day to see if I could get an interview. I got an interview set up two days after and they gave me the job offer three days later. It was somewhat quick.

Interview Question – was standard questions nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not much to negotiate since I had no prior experience in retail

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

Interview Details – two to three interviews, one with hr manager, then with an assistant store manager and finally the store manager for a possible job offer...it just depends on if they like you or not. Interviews are all situational based and wanting to know what you have done in the past too take care of customers.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what was the situation and what did you do to address their concerns?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was a job offer letter and amount was already written down and all i had to do was sign the job description and the job offer letter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Customer Service Associate interview questions and advice. All 96 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.