Lowe's

2.4

113 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

I applied online and they called me in for an interview, it was a 2 part interview each had about 7 questions and they were done on the same day, some questions in part 2 were difficult but mostly easy, all about past experiences and how you handled certain situations. It was a good experience overall they got back to me the next day with an answer and they had me come in again to sign the paperwork and do a drug test and all that.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you did a mistake on a job, how did you handle the situation, what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you gave an idea at work but it was rejected by your manager/teacher and why.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had difficulty understanding what you were being told, how did you deal with the situation, what happened. (it could be with a mute/deaf person or a foreigner who speaks another language)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Interview took about 90 minutes. 12 to 14 questions. 6 by HR and 6-8 by Asst. Manager. Company structured questions so all candidates get same questions. All questions dealt with customer services, relations or mistakes you made and how you fixed the issues.
    Informal setting and relaxed. Life experiences helpful.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question
    Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Took two months from start to finish, the offer process was smooth and timely and negotiating was not needed after offer was accepted. Interview started as phone conversation and then a one on one and then interview panel.

Customer Service Associate Interview

It`s the usual Lowes interview with trying to recall a time you went out of your way at a previous job and what was the result? A few days after interview I got called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All Lowes interviews are the same.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and roughly two weeks later I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was held 5 days after the phone call. It was a structured interview. First interview was with the HR manager, then I waited until the Assistant Store Manager was available to interview me. Both interviews took place the same day.

I asked about pay rate and they said it varies from person to person. They enter in various factors such as education and experience and then notify the candidate of the pay rate if they are given a job offer. The interviews were very basic, included questions such as explain a situation with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem, tell me about a time you sold something to someone, tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it, how do you prioritize at work at your current job, what type of work environment do you prefer, etc. Very basic scenarios from past work or school experiences. They take notes of your responses.

The entire interview process took probably about 30-40 minutes. There were others waiting to be interviewed, however each interview was one on one and I had no group interviews. Both interviewers were very nice and happy to answer any questions.

The next day they called and offered me the job, asked me to come in that day for drug test (cheek swab) and basic paperwork. Scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks after initial interview. The pay I was offered was $9.93/hr for full-time CSA.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just be prepared to tell about past experiences assisting an upset customer or a similar example from school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. As I mentioned in my review, they use a formula to determine an offer. Employment (at least at the location I interviewed) is at-will, so I may leave if I receive a better offer elsewhere.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Three Interviews. All pretty easy. The purpose is to show that you are gregarious enoungh to engage customers. Additionally, unlike some retailers, they want you to have some relevant background in home improvement or the products offered at Lowe's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

For weekend shift Fri 5-10 Sat and Sun 9-5. Got phone call scheduled interview for a few days later. Initial HR interview was only about 10 minutes with about 20 minutes of waiting. Reviewed work history and what job entailed. Questions centered around abilities and past experience. Got second interview with manager then and there. Form read questions all centered on how I handled difficult situations in past work experiences; dealing with problem people or making mistakes. Felt like I did well but my availability was sketchy for a set work schedule they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a mistake you have made while working.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview is the same for all non management positions. Applied online and got called in for an interview about a week later. Had a basic interview with HR (tell me about a time when...) and then right away interviewed with the department's assistant store manager. The 2nd interview asked a lot of the same questions as the first but a few more too. I interviewed one person so I got to see how the process worked. They grade your answers on a scale of 1-3 and the highest score gets the offer. The important thing is to answer the question they ask, you can say something really great but if you miss the point of the question they won't grade you well. Most of the time they won't converse with you at all, they just write down everything you say so they can review it later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? about a time you had an upset customer and what did you do to fix it?, what qualities are most important for this position?, about a time when you had to work as a team, were there any conflicts, and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question
    I later learned that I probably could have negotiated but the offer was higher than I was expecting anyway so I accepted.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview wasn't bad. They ask a lot of situational questions related to experiences in your previous employment so be ready for that. The questions are also preset.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember which questions but I was trying to think of an example of a past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the pay rate is set.