Lowe's

Getting the Interview

61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – First- Phone Screen
Second- In-person with HR manager
Third- In-person with assistant store manager
Fourth- Background and drug test if you pass the interviews

Interview Question – Just be prepared to answer situational questions. Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? ... etc   Answer Question

Gladstone, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is a two-step interview. First, you will interview with the Human Resources manager and then with your zone manager, or, "ASM". Here they will ask you several questions about your experiences work and non-work related. If chosen, you will be called to complete a drug test and then start orientation

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you could not help a customer, what did you do?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – This company usually has 3 interview. one with the HR, one with the ASM, and one with the store manager.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where someone had trouble with something and you had to help them.   View Answer

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Receive a call for an interview. Two interviews with managers, and then a drug test and background check.

Interview Question – It is a very generic interview. No curve balls.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate.

West Jefferson, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

Interview Details – Of all the interviews I have EVER participated, Lowe's is the MOST ridiculous! I'm sure you believe your interview process/questions are relevant in some way, but to an applicant, especially on who has interviewed with the company already, they are redundant and mysterious in that you don't ask what you really want to know! Why not just ask "what is it that you bring to the job?" instead of "tell me about a time when you....really?? This is a major corporations idea of what weeds out the applicants that do have the potential to be managing a department in a year or so?? RETHINK the interview process and get some of the talent you've been too silly to even be able to identify!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a difficult job to do....or whatever. All the interview questions are designed and worded in this way. Why? What is it you will reveal about a person with this tactic? Why not just ask what you want to know?   Answer Question

Jackson, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired very quickly. I had 2 interviews and after the interviews i took a drug test, then
I was hired within 3 days.

Interview Question – All of the questions were "Tell me about a time..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Osage Beach, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Was called in for my interview. It went great. Wasn't sure if I got the job but 2 weeks later got to call to work part time as a Weekend Team Member

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was informed about what my hourly rate would be.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by HR to come in for an interview. I always arrive early about 15-20 minutes (It's a bad habit of mine). She was an hour and a half late. I waited patiently for her to arrive. When she finally arrived, she said she would be with me in a minute. After another half an hour she came out to get me for the interview.

Inside the office, it was awkward. She asked a question, and scribbled down everything I wrote. There was no feedback whatsoever, no real conversation. She asked about 4 questions regarding "Tell me about a time when..." scenarios.

After we had finished with our interview, I was to interview with an assistant manager. He asked me the same sort of questions, but I could tell that I had impressed him. He smiled a lot while quickly jotting everything I said down. He said he was waiting for a promotion, I wished him luck and he said he would see me in a few days.

About 4 days later they called me to come in for drug test (Just a mouth swab). HR lady was about an hour or so late again. (Not including my early arrival)

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time that you made a mistake"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was more than I expected.

Carrollton, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was called two weeks after filling out an online application to come in for an interview by the HR manager. I came in and sat in the customer service area for ten minutes while waiting for my interview. The staff was very friendly and we talked while I waited. I then had my first interview with the HR Manager. They asked me about six very detailed questions, all "Name a time when..." questions with required details given. The HR manager was very serious and tried to show little emotion throughout the interview. She was friendly and nice after conducting said interview.
After completing this interview, I then had a second interview immediately after with the manager of the department I was to be working in. They asked me basically the same questions, with a little variety. Same type of questions, just worded differently. The manager was very passionate about his line of work, and told me Lowe's was like a "family".

Questions include "Why do you want to work at Lowe's", "Name a time when you resolved a conflict with a customer..", etc.

After the interviews, about four days later, I received an email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates. I then received a call about a week after getting the email from the HR Manager. They asked me for a meeting to extend an offer and I accepted.

I went in to accept the offer and they gave me a few forms to sign for the drug test/background check as well as an offer letter. I took an on-site oral drug test, which took about five minutes and when it was time for me to leave, they gave me an orientation date and sent me out with a mint.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you misheard a coworker or customer. How did you resolve the issue? How did they respond?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't bother negotiating, as the pay was above minimum wage. Seeing as this is my first official job, I didn't bother to request more pay or benefits.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview, all "tell about a time" questions, customer service oriented. One in person interview with assistant manager, basically same questions. She spent most of the time taking notes, was pleasant enough. By the time I got home, they had already sent a no thanks e mail. I think a young person with some retail experience would have no trouble getting placed here.

Interview Question – Tell about making a mistake, what did you do   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Customer Service Associate interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.