Lowe's

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bryan, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – A week after I completed my application I was called for an interview and scheduled it for the next day. I came in and was interviewed by a lady in HR and then immediately after I was interviewed by one of the Assistant Store Managers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Lowes?   Answer Question

Barboursville, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – After an on-line application I was contacted by phone to perform and interview as well as a drug test, <This is mailed to a 3rd party for testing> At the point of the Drug Test returning Negative then was offered a seasonal job.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating Lowes offers an amount based upon prior experience.

Very Difficult Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed not enough people applied for positions. Need to wait for more people to apply for the position.
I applied for many interviews. I currently work part-time and need a full time position. But I am not getting the jobs because other people are doing the interviews better than me.

Interview Question – The questions are hard. I interviewed for 4 positions within Lowe's within the last year. Can't get the job because my interview skills suck.   View Answer

Oshkosh, WI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Interview is the same for all non management positions. Applied online and got called in for an interview about a week later. Had a basic interview with HR (tell me about a time when...) and then right away interviewed with the department's assistant store manager. The 2nd interview asked a lot of the same questions as the first but a few more too. I interviewed one person so I got to see how the process worked. They grade your answers on a scale of 1-3 and the highest score gets the offer. The important thing is to answer the question they ask, you can say something really great but if you miss the point of the question they won't grade you well. Most of the time they won't converse with you at all, they just write down everything you say so they can review it later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? about a time you had an upset customer and what did you do to fix it?, what qualities are most important for this position?, about a time when you had to work as a team, were there any conflicts, and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I later learned that I probably could have negotiated but the offer was higher than I was expecting anyway so I accepted.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very laid back. No direct questions about product knowledge. Basically just went over the application that I subitted online.Was hired on the spot. Did 5 days training on the computer for a job as a cashier. This was the most training that I was given over the course of working there for 3 yearsw over 5 departments

Interview Question – Most questions are "give me an example of a time....".   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Interview Details – There is an online application that includes basic resume information as well as scenario questions regarding how you would respond in certain real life situations. A few days later HR calls to set up an interview. The interview consisted of twelve longer questions given by the HR manager. The questions were about previous jobs, and how you handled problems in the workplace. When the HR manager finished he/she grabbed the department manager and the same 12 questions were asked. A week later they called and set up a time for a drug test (cheek swab).

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you tried to solve a problem and failed.   View Answer

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Simple interview, very quick process. I applied online to the position and within 10 days had the interview, was given the offer and within the next week had started the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Yakima, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview Details – Received an e-mail late on Friday night asking me to come in at 6am on Saturday morning. HR said it was a test. I filled out my availability and did a second interview the same week. I was given a job offer. Pay went up one dollar an hour after "seasonal" position was over and i became permanent.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to work with a group to complete a project. How did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Marble Falls, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Interview Details – What I was offered and what I received were not the same. HR personel have no training or education in that position. Interview time was changed 3 times because she was off (drove there 2 to be told to call back later)

Interview Question – HR personal not very engaged in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – turned out to be untrue

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't bad. They ask a lot of situational questions related to experiences in your previous employment so be ready for that. The questions are also preset.

Interview Question – Can't remember which questions but I was trying to think of an example of a past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the pay rate is set.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!