Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.3

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Three Interviews. All pretty easy. The purpose is to show that you are gregarious enoungh to engage customers. Additionally, unlike some retailers, they want you to have some relevant background in home improvement or the products offered at Lowe's.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and roughly two weeks later I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was held 5 days after the phone call. It was a structured interview. First interview was with the HR manager, then I waited until the Assistant Store Manager was available to interview me. Both interviews took place the same day.

I asked about pay rate and they said it varies from person to person. They enter in various factors such as education and experience and then notify the candidate of the pay rate if they are given a job offer. The interviews were very basic, included questions such as explain a situation with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem, tell me about a time you sold something to someone, tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it, how do you prioritize at work at your current job, what type of work environment do you prefer, etc. Very basic scenarios from past work or school experiences. They take notes of your responses.

The entire interview process took probably about 30-40 minutes. There were others waiting to be interviewed, however each interview was one on one and I had no group interviews. Both interviewers were very nice and happy to answer any questions.

The next day they called and offered me the job, asked me to come in that day for drug test (cheek swab) and basic paperwork. Scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks after initial interview. The pay I was offered was $9.93/hr for full-time CSA.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just be prepared to tell about past experiences assisting an upset customer or a similar example from school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. As I mentioned in my review, they use a formula to determine an offer. Employment (at least at the location I interviewed) is at-will, so I may leave if I receive a better offer elsewhere.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Online application and questionnaire. Called by HR Manager within store of application. COme in for interview by HR Manager and an additional interview from the Assistant Store Manager over your department. Followed by an offer of employment immediately or after the interviewing period has ended.

Very typical interview, consisting of approximately 10 behavioral based questions. Questions focus on ability to work independently, how to deal with difficult customer, how to approach a sales opportunity, etc...

Interview Questions
    • I have gone through 4 interviews and each has been a different set of questions. Just google behavioral based questions for retail sales and this will prepare you most sufficiently.   Answer Question
    Offer and acceptance. Offer was fair, no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bryan, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

A week after I completed my application I was called for an interview and scheduled it for the next day. I came in and was interviewed by a lady in HR and then immediately after I was interviewed by one of the Assistant Store Managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview is the same for all non management positions. Applied online and got called in for an interview about a week later. Had a basic interview with HR (tell me about a time when...) and then right away interviewed with the department's assistant store manager. The 2nd interview asked a lot of the same questions as the first but a few more too. I interviewed one person so I got to see how the process worked. They grade your answers on a scale of 1-3 and the highest score gets the offer. The important thing is to answer the question they ask, you can say something really great but if you miss the point of the question they won't grade you well. Most of the time they won't converse with you at all, they just write down everything you say so they can review it later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? about a time you had an upset customer and what did you do to fix it?, what qualities are most important for this position?, about a time when you had to work as a team, were there any conflicts, and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question
    I later learned that I probably could have negotiated but the offer was higher than I was expecting anyway so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interviewed not enough people applied for positions. Need to wait for more people to apply for the position.
    I applied for many interviews. I currently work part-time and need a full time position. But I am not getting the jobs because other people are doing the interviews better than me.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are hard. I interviewed for 4 positions within Lowe's within the last year. Can't get the job because my interview skills suck.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barboursville, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

After an on-line application I was contacted by phone to perform and interview as well as a drug test, <This is mailed to a 3rd party for testing> At the point of the Drug Test returning Negative then was offered a seasonal job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating Lowes offers an amount based upon prior experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview was very laid back. No direct questions about product knowledge. Basically just went over the application that I subitted online.Was hired on the spot. Did 5 days training on the computer for a job as a cashier. This was the most training that I was given over the course of working there for 3 yearsw over 5 departments

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are "give me an example of a time....".   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

There is an online application that includes basic resume information as well as scenario questions regarding how you would respond in certain real life situations. A few days later HR calls to set up an interview. The interview consisted of twelve longer questions given by the HR manager. The questions were about previous jobs, and how you handled problems in the workplace. When the HR manager finished he/she grabbed the department manager and the same 12 questions were asked. A week later they called and set up a time for a drug test (cheek swab).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you tried to solve a problem and failed.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yakima, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Received an e-mail late on Friday night asking me to come in at 6am on Saturday morning. HR said it was a test. I filled out my availability and did a second interview the same week. I was given a job offer. Pay went up one dollar an hour after "seasonal" position was over and i became permanent.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work with a group to complete a project. How did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!