Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Its a two part interview with the HR manager and the manager you would be working under. They ask a serious of questions based on past work or life experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond for someone   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Gainesville, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal Inside Lawn & Garden Customer Service Associate position on a Wednesday. The application process involved inputting personal information, job history, education, and then followed by availability and a behavioral survey.

Lowe's HR contacted on Friday of the same week and scheduled an interview for the coming Monday.

On Monday, I showed up at Lowe's wearing a dress shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes (always dress like you care). I met with the HR manager. She get all the preliminary information setup for the hiring manager, then the hiring manager came in to conduct the interview. Everything was very laid-back, and all of the staff I met to this point had been very friendly.

I was asked about 8 behavioral questions during the interview, and my hours of availability were checked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an ethical situation that arose in the workplace or during your education. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Willow Grove, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and not too many trick questions.....HR person was very nice and easy going....I did not meet with any managers. one interview only....called back for a drug test and fill out paperwork for background test.

Waited for one week for the results to come back and then accepted the job....No benefits until they hire you as a part-time or full time employee.......................

................................

.................................

Interview Questions

• What are your skills? Why do you want to work at Lowe's?? tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Hartsville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I did an application online and within 3 days I was called for an interview. It was actually a pretty easy interview being that I was kinda nervous. I had actually used this review to study questions and answers, so I felt pretty good about myself after answering all of her questions. About 7 of the questions were behavioral, 2 were about myself, and maybe 1 about the company itself. She let me know I had a very good chance at the position being I was very qualified and asked me if I could bring positivity to the company because that's what they are looking for in an employee at Lowe's. She then handed me a couple sheets to read over that told me about the limitations of the job and everything that would be expected of me. She explained that if I got a callback that by entering in my qualifications and stipulations of the job, their systematic computer system would offer me a pay rate when I come back in to complete the 2nd part of the interview. She told me that if she hasn't gave me a call within three days to call her after 3 by that following Monday. Needless to say, I heard from her the exact same day as interview and she offered me the job. The job was a seasonal outdoor lawn and garden job, customer service associate, so she let me know a little bit more about the reasoning of the hired position being considered as seasonal, until after about 4 months if they are satisfied with my employment and work ethic, they will be able to offer me something fulltime with the company. This is actually good for me too so that I will be able to make a decision also, and have time to think about all the perks and benefits that come along with being a fulltime Lowe's employee. She also stated that in the near future after a set amount of days, if I am hired on career wise with the company, I will be able to take part in a possible pay increase, and if I want to try out a different position, say with air conditioning, then there's a possibility I could go to a different department as well. I went in 3 days later for my drug test, which was a swab test that they send off to a lab. She did my background check and had me sign and initial a few things, and made copies of all my needed documents. We then went over my pay scale, and then she told me as soon as they receive my lab work back, I will be called in for orientation, which she was hoping she would have that started within about a week and a half. She let me know on that Monday, if she had not called me by Wednesday of the next week to give her a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work on a project and it didn't go as planned?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond to help somebody?   1 Answer
    • Can you bring positivity to the workplace and why do you think that we should hire you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The hiring process at the Lowe's I worked at was a long drawn out affair. It took five to six months to finally get hired. There were about four face to face interviews with three different people, which included some very open ended questions covering a very wide range. From prior work experience to personal areas.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst mistake you've ever made.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Online application, followed by a face to face interview the process was a quick one and the came to a decision fairly quickly, every store has their own human resource manager to speed up the process

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Tuesday, received an interview the following Thursday. Interviewed with HR rep first for about 15 minutes and then interviewed with a store manager immediately after for about 20-25 minutes. Maybe more lost track of time. Lots of customer service questions. How did you handle a difficult customer, a time where you didn't keep your promise to a customer, how comfortable do you feel in a fast pace environment. Why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed a task and how did you fix it or what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They asked the basic questions...
    What is your greatest weakness
    How do you respond to conflict
    In your own words, how do you define leadership
    Why do you want to work here

Glass door is now making me write more words. I really don't feel like it. This could be a great tool but... Im using this to research a company I am going to apply to work for.

To be honest. Please, Please, Please. If you really have to research informations for a retail job at Lowes, you might need to ask yourself what the heck are you doing.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was yelling at you, what would you do   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Oviedo, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they called me in for an interview, it was a 2 part interview each had about 7 questions and they were done on the same day, some questions in part 2 were difficult but mostly easy, all about past experiences and how you handled certain situations. It was a good experience overall they got back to me the next day with an answer and they had me come in again to sign the paperwork and do a drug test and all that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did a mistake on a job, how did you handle the situation, what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave an idea at work but it was rejected by your manager/teacher and why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty understanding what you were being told, how did you deal with the situation, what happened. (it could be with a mute/deaf person or a foreigner who speaks another language)   Answer Question