Lowe's

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.4

118 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring process at the Lowe's I worked at was a long drawn out affair. It took five to six months to finally get hired. There were about four face to face interviews with three different people, which included some very open ended questions covering a very wide range. From prior work experience to personal areas.

Interview Questions
  • What is the worst mistake you've ever made.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate Interview

Online application, followed by a face to face interview the process was a quick one and the came to a decision fairly quickly, every store has their own human resource manager to speed up the process

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Applied online on a Tuesday, received an interview the following Thursday. Interviewed with HR rep first for about 15 minutes and then interviewed with a store manager immediately after for about 20-25 minutes. Maybe more lost track of time. Lots of customer service questions. How did you handle a difficult customer, a time where you didn't keep your promise to a customer, how comfortable do you feel in a fast pace environment. Why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you failed a task and how did you fix it or what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

They asked the basic questions...
    What is your greatest weakness
    How do you respond to conflict
    In your own words, how do you define leadership
    Why do you want to work here

Glass door is now making me write more words. I really don't feel like it. This could be a great tool but... Im using this to research a company I am going to apply to work for.

To be honest. Please, Please, Please. If you really have to research informations for a retail job at Lowes, you might need to ask yourself what the heck are you doing.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was yelling at you, what would you do   View Answer
    no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

I applied online and they called me in for an interview, it was a 2 part interview each had about 7 questions and they were done on the same day, some questions in part 2 were difficult but mostly easy, all about past experiences and how you handled certain situations. It was a good experience overall they got back to me the next day with an answer and they had me come in again to sign the paperwork and do a drug test and all that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did a mistake on a job, how did you handle the situation, what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave an idea at work but it was rejected by your manager/teacher and why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty understanding what you were being told, how did you deal with the situation, what happened. (it could be with a mute/deaf person or a foreigner who speaks another language)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Interview took about 90 minutes. 12 to 14 questions. 6 by HR and 6-8 by Asst. Manager. Company structured questions so all candidates get same questions. All questions dealt with customer services, relations or mistakes you made and how you fixed the issues.
    Informal setting and relaxed. Life experiences helpful.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question
    Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Took two months from start to finish, the offer process was smooth and timely and negotiating was not needed after offer was accepted. Interview started as phone conversation and then a one on one and then interview panel.

Customer Service Associate Interview

It`s the usual Lowes interview with trying to recall a time you went out of your way at a previous job and what was the result? A few days after interview I got called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All Lowes interviews are the same.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and roughly two weeks later I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was held 5 days after the phone call. It was a structured interview. First interview was with the HR manager, then I waited until the Assistant Store Manager was available to interview me. Both interviews took place the same day.

I asked about pay rate and they said it varies from person to person. They enter in various factors such as education and experience and then notify the candidate of the pay rate if they are given a job offer. The interviews were very basic, included questions such as explain a situation with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem, tell me about a time you sold something to someone, tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it, how do you prioritize at work at your current job, what type of work environment do you prefer, etc. Very basic scenarios from past work or school experiences. They take notes of your responses.

The entire interview process took probably about 30-40 minutes. There were others waiting to be interviewed, however each interview was one on one and I had no group interviews. Both interviewers were very nice and happy to answer any questions.

The next day they called and offered me the job, asked me to come in that day for drug test (cheek swab) and basic paperwork. Scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks after initial interview. The pay I was offered was $9.93/hr for full-time CSA.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just be prepared to tell about past experiences assisting an upset customer or a similar example from school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. As I mentioned in my review, they use a formula to determine an offer. Employment (at least at the location I interviewed) is at-will, so I may leave if I receive a better offer elsewhere.