Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Online application, followed by a face to face interview the process was a quick one and the came to a decision fairly quickly, every store has their own human resource manager to speed up the process

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online after I quit both of my part time jobs during Christmas break. I got a call less than a week later scheduling an interview for the first week of January. I got a call that they wanted to move ahead with the hiring process and I needed to come in to do a drug test. I started working the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions I can't remember exactly.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They asked the basic questions...
    What is your greatest weakness
    How do you respond to conflict
    In your own words, how do you define leadership
    Why do you want to work here

Glass door is now making me write more words. I really don't feel like it. This could be a great tool but... Im using this to research a company I am going to apply to work for.

To be honest. Please, Please, Please. If you really have to research informations for a retail job at Lowes, you might need to ask yourself what the heck are you doing.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was yelling at you, what would you do   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Oviedo, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they called me in for an interview, it was a 2 part interview each had about 7 questions and they were done on the same day, some questions in part 2 were difficult but mostly easy, all about past experiences and how you handled certain situations. It was a good experience overall they got back to me the next day with an answer and they had me come in again to sign the paperwork and do a drug test and all that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did a mistake on a job, how did you handle the situation, what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave an idea at work but it was rejected by your manager/teacher and why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty understanding what you were being told, how did you deal with the situation, what happened. (it could be with a mute/deaf person or a foreigner who speaks another language)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview took about 90 minutes. 12 to 14 questions. 6 by HR and 6-8 by Asst. Manager. Company structured questions so all candidates get same questions. All questions dealt with customer services, relations or mistakes you made and how you fixed the issues.
    Informal setting and relaxed. Life experiences helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Called me, came in for an interview. Wore a button-down and jeans. It's Lowe's, so a strict dress code is not really a thing there. Make sure you look presentable and wear something with a collar - appears that most managers wear that, so that's a good rule of thumb. Day-to-day, the dress code is very relaxed. They told me at the beginning of the interview that they'd be giving me a call back afterward to offer the job to me, but at the end of the interview they offered the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you messed something up and had to make up for it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Took two months from start to finish, the offer process was smooth and timely and negotiating was not needed after offer was accepted. Interview started as phone conversation and then a one on one and then interview panel.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

It`s the usual Lowes interview with trying to recall a time you went out of your way at a previous job and what was the result? A few days after interview I got called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. All Lowes interviews are the same.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied online and roughly two weeks later I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was held 5 days after the phone call. It was a structured interview. First interview was with the HR manager, then I waited until the Assistant Store Manager was available to interview me. Both interviews took place the same day.

I asked about pay rate and they said it varies from person to person. They enter in various factors such as education and experience and then notify the candidate of the pay rate if they are given a job offer. The interviews were very basic, included questions such as explain a situation with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem, tell me about a time you sold something to someone, tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it, how do you prioritize at work at your current job, what type of work environment do you prefer, etc. Very basic scenarios from past work or school experiences. They take notes of your responses.

The entire interview process took probably about 30-40 minutes. There were others waiting to be interviewed, however each interview was one on one and I had no group interviews. Both interviewers were very nice and happy to answer any questions.

The next day they called and offered me the job, asked me to come in that day for drug test (cheek swab) and basic paperwork. Scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks after initial interview. The pay I was offered was $9.93/hr for full-time CSA.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. Just be prepared to tell about past experiences assisting an upset customer or a similar example from school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. As I mentioned in my review, they use a formula to determine an offer. Employment (at least at the location I interviewed) is at-will, so I may leave if I receive a better offer elsewhere.