Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (North Dartmouth, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

1st applied on website. Recvd email to take assessment test. Passed. Got call from local store for interview. Went in met with hr manager. Asked normal questions. Drug test. Then waited. Approx 7 days. Hr manager called and offered position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Gainesville, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal Inside Lawn & Garden Customer Service Associate position on a Wednesday. The application process involved inputting personal information, job history, education, and then followed by availability and a behavioral survey. Lowe's HR contacted on Friday of the same week and scheduled an interview for the coming Monday. On Monday, I showed up at Lowe's wearing a dress shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes (always dress like you care). I met with the HR manager. She get all the preliminary information setup for the hiring manager, then the hiring manager came in to conduct the interview. Everything was very laid-back, and all of the staff I met to this point had been very friendly. I was asked about 8 behavioral questions during the interview, and my hours of availability were checked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an ethical situation that arose in the workplace or during your education. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hartsville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I did an application online and within 3 days I was called for an interview. It was actually a pretty easy interview being that I was kinda nervous. I had actually used this review to study questions and answers, so I felt pretty good about myself after answering all of her questions. About 7 of the questions were behavioral, 2 were about myself, and maybe 1 about the company itself. She let me know I had a very good chance at the position being I was very qualified and asked me if I could bring positivity to the company because that's what they are looking for in an employee at Lowe's. She then handed me a couple sheets to read over that told me about the limitations of the job and everything that would be expected of me. She explained that if I got a callback that by entering in my qualifications and stipulations of the job, their systematic computer system would offer me a pay rate when I come back in to complete the 2nd part of the interview. She told me that if she hasn't gave me a call within three days to call her after 3 by that following Monday. Needless to say, I heard from her the exact same day as interview and she offered me the job. The job was a seasonal outdoor lawn and garden job, customer service associate, so she let me know a little bit more about the reasoning of the hired position being considered as seasonal, until after about 4 months if they are satisfied with my employment and work ethic, they will be able to offer me something fulltime with the company. This is actually good for me too so that I will be able to make a decision also, and have time to think about all the perks and benefits that come along with being a fulltime Lowe's employee. She also stated that in the near future after a set amount of days, if I am hired on career wise with the company, I will be able to take part in a possible pay increase, and if I want to try out a different position, say with air conditioning, then there's a possibility I could go to a different department as well. I went in 3 days later for my drug test, which was a swab test that they send off to a lab. She did my background check and had me sign and initial a few things, and made copies of all my needed documents. We then went over my pay scale, and then she told me as soon as they receive my lab work back, I will be called in for orientation, which she was hoping she would have that started within about a week and a half. She let me know on that Monday, if she had not called me by Wednesday of the next week to give her a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work on a project and it didn't go as planned?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond to help somebody?   1 Answer
    • Can you bring positivity to the workplace and why do you think that we should hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Willow Grove, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and not too many trick questions.....HR person was very nice and easy going....I did not meet with any managers. one interview only....called back for a drug test and fill out paperwork for background test. Waited for one week for the results to come back and then accepted the job....No benefits until they hire you as a part-time or full time employee....................... ................................ .................................

Interview Questions

• What are your skills? Why do you want to work at Lowe's?? tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Surprise, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It's simple...you go in, the assistant store manager (ASM) will ask you some questions about your previous employment. They will also go over some questions that will require you to provide an example from any point of your life pertaining to the topic of the question. Don't feel rushed, think about the best example you can for the questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you worked to identify the needs of the customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The hiring process at the Lowe's I worked at was a long drawn out affair. It took five to six months to finally get hired. There were about four face to face interviews with three different people, which included some very open ended questions covering a very wide range. From prior work experience to personal areas.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst mistake you've ever made.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Tuesday, received an interview the following Thursday. Interviewed with HR rep first for about 15 minutes and then interviewed with a store manager immediately after for about 20-25 minutes. Maybe more lost track of time. Lots of customer service questions. How did you handle a difficult customer, a time where you didn't keep your promise to a customer, how comfortable do you feel in a fast pace environment. Why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed a task and how did you fix it or what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Online application, followed by a face to face interview the process was a quick one and the came to a decision fairly quickly, every store has their own human resource manager to speed up the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online after I quit both of my part time jobs during Christmas break. I got a call less than a week later scheduling an interview for the first week of January. I got a call that they wanted to move ahead with the hiring process and I needed to come in to do a drug test. I started working the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions I can't remember exactly.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

They asked the basic questions... What is your greatest weakness How do you respond to conflict In your own words, how do you define leadership Why do you want to work here Glass door is now making me write more words. I really don't feel like it. This could be a great tool but... Im using this to research a company I am going to apply to work for. To be honest. Please, Please, Please. If you really have to research informations for a retail job at Lowes, you might need to ask yourself what the heck are you doing.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was yelling at you, what would you do   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations