Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oviedo, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they called me in for an interview, it was a 2 part interview each had about 7 questions and they were done on the same day, some questions in part 2 were difficult but mostly easy, all about past experiences and how you handled certain situations. It was a good experience overall they got back to me the next day with an answer and they had me come in again to sign the paperwork and do a drug test and all that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did a mistake on a job, how did you handle the situation, what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave an idea at work but it was rejected by your manager/teacher and why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty understanding what you were being told, how did you deal with the situation, what happened. (it could be with a mute/deaf person or a foreigner who speaks another language)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview took about 90 minutes. 12 to 14 questions. 6 by HR and 6-8 by Asst. Manager. Company structured questions so all candidates get same questions. All questions dealt with customer services, relations or mistakes you made and how you fixed the issues. Informal setting and relaxed. Life experiences helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Called me, came in for an interview. Wore a button-down and jeans. It's Lowe's, so a strict dress code is not really a thing there. Make sure you look presentable and wear something with a collar - appears that most managers wear that, so that's a good rule of thumb. Day-to-day, the dress code is very relaxed. They told me at the beginning of the interview that they'd be giving me a call back afterward to offer the job to me, but at the end of the interview they offered the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you messed something up and had to make up for it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Took two months from start to finish, the offer process was smooth and timely and negotiating was not needed after offer was accepted. Interview started as phone conversation and then a one on one and then interview panel.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

It`s the usual Lowes interview with trying to recall a time you went out of your way at a previous job and what was the result? A few days after interview I got called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. All Lowes interviews are the same.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied online and roughly two weeks later I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was held 5 days after the phone call. It was a structured interview. First interview was with the HR manager, then I waited until the Assistant Store Manager was available to interview me. Both interviews took place the same day. I asked about pay rate and they said it varies from person to person. They enter in various factors such as education and experience and then notify the candidate of the pay rate if they are given a job offer. The interviews were very basic, included questions such as explain a situation with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem, tell me about a time you sold something to someone, tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it, how do you prioritize at work at your current job, what type of work environment do you prefer, etc. Very basic scenarios from past work or school experiences. They take notes of your responses. The entire interview process took probably about 30-40 minutes. There were others waiting to be interviewed, however each interview was one on one and I had no group interviews. Both interviewers were very nice and happy to answer any questions. The next day they called and offered me the job, asked me to come in that day for drug test (cheek swab) and basic paperwork. Scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks after initial interview. The pay I was offered was $9.93/hr for full-time CSA.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. Just be prepared to tell about past experiences assisting an upset customer or a similar example from school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. As I mentioned in my review, they use a formula to determine an offer. Employment (at least at the location I interviewed) is at-will, so I may leave if I receive a better offer elsewhere.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Three Interviews. All pretty easy. The purpose is to show that you are gregarious enoungh to engage customers. Additionally, unlike some retailers, they want you to have some relevant background in home improvement or the products offered at Lowe's.

Interview Questions

• The difference between PVC and CPVC.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Epping, NH) in September 2014.

Interview

For weekend shift Fri 5-10 Sat and Sun 9-5. Got phone call scheduled interview for a few days later. Initial HR interview was only about 10 minutes with about 20 minutes of waiting. Reviewed work history and what job entailed. Questions centered around abilities and past experience. Got second interview with manager then and there. Form read questions all centered on how I handled difficult situations in past work experiences; dealing with problem people or making mistakes. Felt like I did well but my availability was sketchy for a set work schedule they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a mistake you have made while working.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a interview asking about your experiences and recalling times where you had to react to certain situations. It was two managers the human resource manager and the front end manager. The process took about an hour. The call back came right back. The managers made the interview process comfortable and not awkward.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you missed up with a customer and how did you fix it?   Answer Question