Lowe's

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hattiesburg, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring Process was pretty quick, of course there was the usual later than promised phone calls and such, but overall it was pretty quick. The interview was done by two different people, but I didn't care for the interview because all they did was read me questions off a sheet of paper and write my response, wasn't really an interview in my opinion. Overall though with the people involved, a very positive experience.

Interview Question – What was a mistake you made in the past and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really, they offered and I accepted.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Applied online and had an interview a week later. Questions seem to follow the STAR method. Pretty easy interview overall. HR is only allowed to interview if a certain amount of people apply for each position, otherwise it will be re-posted. An assistant store manager and the HR manager will each interview you.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you helped a difficult customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Erie, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very timely and everyone was a pleasure to work with. The process was effective and efficient. I was shocked at the overall speed of the process. this goes for the pre interview process and the acctual interview process at the store level.

Interview Question – what was your worst customer experience   Answer Question

Shreveport, LA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call in about 3 days to come in for an interview. The first interview was to talk about the resume submitted, limitations, and getting a drug test. The second interview was to review the drug test and get hired.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but the pay was based on prior experience.

Very Easy Interview

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Application online, about 84 behavioral questions (easy to answer), they call you about two weeks later if they need you.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just simple questions. "have you ever worked in customer service?" "describe a team project in school?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no option for negotiation

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had interview with HR Manager. Then assistant manger that covered my department. Took drug test in store. They did background check and called me in for interview with store manager.

Interview Question – What is my biggest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me $10 an hour and I took it. It was a part time job to supplement my income from my full time job.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I submitted the application online and it took awhile before I was called for an interview by the HR Dept. I was given the name of the person I was interviewing with and a time to be there. I went to the front desk, where the secretary, took my name and called the interviewer. Since I had arrived 15 minutes early I expected to wait at least that long before the person came to get me. The waiting area had interview rooms surrounding it on all sides. It was sparsely furnished with some chairs, a few end tables and a few Lowe's books/magazines to read. I only had to wait 5 or 10 minutes until the interviewer came to get me. The interviewer as well as myself were dressed in very casual attire. I wore black pants and a dressy shirt and didn't feel out of place. We made small talk for a few minutes and then she just started asking basic questions. They dealt with describing a time where I had provided excellent customer or a time where I had a dispute with a co-worker, etc. At the end of the interview I was able to ask questions and they told me when they expected to have a decision made.

Interview Question – It really wasn't a difficult question but she wanted to know how would I handle an irate customer that kept cussing at me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate and just took what they offered.

New Bern, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2009.

Interview Details – you will go thru about 3 or 4 different interviews with different managers and one with human resources and a lot of training to go thru, about 3 weeks of training on line

Interview Question – was there ever a situation where you came out of a situation as a "win win" situation...   View Answer

Customer Service Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Standard interview for retail industry. Interview was two part conducted back to back with HR and assistant manager. The total process lasted about 45 minutes. Behavioral style questions..."Tell me about a time you went out of your way to satisfy a customer." Call back with job offer within 5 days. Not difficult, just make good eye contact and answer the questions as specifically as possible.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions....Tell me about a time you were criticized by a co-worker or supervisor for a job you did.   Answer Question

Delavan, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details – The training is horrible for the company once hired. The hiring process is becoming easier, they are starting to hire anyone because they are cheaper. You meet with HR then store manager if available or will just meet with any manager at all.

Interview Question – The situation questions when you have not had that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A