Lowe's

2.4

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I was called two weeks after filling out an online application to come in for an interview by the HR manager. I came in and sat in the customer service area for ten minutes while waiting for my interview. The staff was very friendly and we talked while I waited. I then had my first interview with the HR Manager. They asked me about six very detailed questions, all "Name a time when..." questions with required details given. The HR manager was very serious and tried to show little emotion throughout the interview. She was friendly and nice after conducting said interview.
After completing this interview, I then had a second interview immediately after with the manager of the department I was to be working in. They asked me basically the same questions, with a little variety. Same type of questions, just worded differently. The manager was very passionate about his line of work, and told me Lowe's was like a "family".

Questions include "Why do you want to work at Lowe's", "Name a time when you resolved a conflict with a customer..", etc.

After the interviews, about four days later, I received an email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates. I then received a call about a week after getting the email from the HR Manager. They asked me for a meeting to extend an offer and I accepted.

I went in to accept the offer and they gave me a few forms to sign for the drug test/background check as well as an offer letter. I took an on-site oral drug test, which took about five minutes and when it was time for me to leave, they gave me an orientation date and sent me out with a mint.

Interview Questions
  • "Name a time when you misheard a coworker or customer. How did you resolve the issue? How did they respond?"   Answer Question
I didn't bother negotiating, as the pay was above minimum wage. Seeing as this is my first official job, I didn't bother to request more pay or benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2013.

One phone interview, all "tell about a time" questions, customer service oriented. One in person interview with assistant manager, basically same questions. She spent most of the time taking notes, was pleasant enough. By the time I got home, they had already sent a no thanks e mail. I think a young person with some retail experience would have no trouble getting placed here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brevard, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brevard, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2013.

Fill out app on website waited a while for get a reply. Scheduled an interview for a week later. I had 2 interviews on the spot. a week later I was offered a position. The whole process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • All the question are situations. If you can think on your feet, it's easy!   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Applied online and had an interview a week later. Questions seem to follow the STAR method. Pretty easy interview overall. HR is only allowed to interview if a certain amount of people apply for each position, otherwise it will be re-posted. An assistant store manager and the HR manager will each interview you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you helped a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

After application is complete be sure to the assessment, read the questions carefully as your score will determine whether or not your even considered. HR manager will interview top candidates, if they determine you are qualified they will have you interview with assistant manager (usually immediately after). Listen to questions carefully and take your time giving responses. Candidate with the most experience and or interview score will be offered the position. Once offer is accepted a background check will be processed and oral drug screen sample taking. If both are clean you'll be given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are simple but require thought. All Lowe's interviews (including management) are situation based. Before the interview think of a few situations in the past when you provided excellent service to a customer and times you made mistakes and fixed them. Listen to the questions carefully and think about your response. Explain the situation and resolution in detail including what you did or how you responded. Be sure to use situations that ended positively for all parties. For specialist positions you should be familiar with explaining benefits and features as well as using credit and promotions to close sales.   Answer Question
    Lowe's uses set pay charts determined by entering your experience into a computer program. The store manager has the authority to offer you more if you can provide a compelling reason especially in regards to management positions (I.e. experience, client base your bringing with you, extensive product knowledge).

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

I submitted the application online and it took awhile before I was called for an interview by the HR Dept. I was given the name of the person I was interviewing with and a time to be there. I went to the front desk, where the secretary, took my name and called the interviewer. Since I had arrived 15 minutes early I expected to wait at least that long before the person came to get me. The waiting area had interview rooms surrounding it on all sides. It was sparsely furnished with some chairs, a few end tables and a few Lowe's books/magazines to read. I only had to wait 5 or 10 minutes until the interviewer came to get me. The interviewer as well as myself were dressed in very casual attire. I wore black pants and a dressy shirt and didn't feel out of place. We made small talk for a few minutes and then she just started asking basic questions. They dealt with describing a time where I had provided excellent customer or a time where I had a dispute with a co-worker, etc. At the end of the interview I was able to ask questions and they told me when they expected to have a decision made.

Interview Questions
    • It really wasn't a difficult question but she wanted to know how would I handle an irate customer that kept cussing at me.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate and just took what they offered.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's.

Standard interview for retail industry. Interview was two part conducted back to back with HR and assistant manager. The total process lasted about 45 minutes. Behavioral style questions..."Tell me about a time you went out of your way to satisfy a customer." Call back with job offer within 5 days. Not difficult, just make good eye contact and answer the questions as specifically as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions....Tell me about a time you were criticized by a co-worker or supervisor for a job you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Phone call to set up interview.
    HR Interview- asked about past experiences, skills, education, interests
    Department Hiring Manager Interview- behavior description interview - asks about situations in the past, how i handled them, and what I learned from them.
    Job Offer contingent on Oral Drug Test

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time your boss gave you constructive criticism, what you did, how you handled it, and what you changed to improve the situation   Answer Question
    computer calculates pay based on experience

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Simple interview, very quick process. I applied online to the position and within 10 days had the interview, was given the offer and within the next week had started the position.

No negotiating.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

There is an online application that includes basic resume information as well as scenario questions regarding how you would respond in certain real life situations. A few days later HR calls to set up an interview. The interview consisted of twelve longer questions given by the HR manager. The questions were about previous jobs, and how you handled problems in the workplace. When the HR manager finished he/she grabbed the department manager and the same 12 questions were asked. A week later they called and set up a time for a drug test (cheek swab).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you tried to solve a problem and failed.   View Answer