Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

This company usually has 3 interview. one with the HR, one with the ASM, and one with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where someone had trouble with something and you had to help them.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Avon, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Weird, was looking for a part time job, got interviewed for an upper management position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.....You were interrupted and how you handled it   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Receive a call for an interview. Two interviews with managers, and then a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Osage Beach, MO).

Interview

Was called in for my interview. It went great. Wasn't sure if I got the job but 2 weeks later got to call to work part time as a Weekend Team Member

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was informed about what my hourly rate would be.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was first contacted by HR to come in for an interview. I always arrive early about 15-20 minutes (It's a bad habit of mine). She was an hour and a half late. I waited patiently for her to arrive. When she finally arrived, she said she would be with me in a minute. After another half an hour she came out to get me for the interview.

Inside the office, it was awkward. She asked a question, and scribbled down everything I wrote. There was no feedback whatsoever, no real conversation. She asked about 4 questions regarding "Tell me about a time when..." scenarios.

After we had finished with our interview, I was to interview with an assistant manager. He asked me the same sort of questions, but I could tell that I had impressed him. He smiled a lot while quickly jotting everything I said down. He said he was waiting for a promotion, I wished him luck and he said he would see me in a few days.

About 4 days later they called me to come in for drug test (Just a mouth swab). HR lady was about an hour or so late again. (Not including my early arrival)

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time that you made a mistake"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was more than I expected.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Carrollton, GA).

Interview

I was called two weeks after filling out an online application to come in for an interview by the HR manager. I came in and sat in the customer service area for ten minutes while waiting for my interview. The staff was very friendly and we talked while I waited. I then had my first interview with the HR Manager. They asked me about six very detailed questions, all "Name a time when..." questions with required details given. The HR manager was very serious and tried to show little emotion throughout the interview. She was friendly and nice after conducting said interview.
    After completing this interview, I then had a second interview immediately after with the manager of the department I was to be working in. They asked me basically the same questions, with a little variety. Same type of questions, just worded differently. The manager was very passionate about his line of work, and told me Lowe's was like a "family".

Questions include "Why do you want to work at Lowe's", "Name a time when you resolved a conflict with a customer..", etc.

After the interviews, about four days later, I received an email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates. I then received a call about a week after getting the email from the HR Manager. They asked me for a meeting to extend an offer and I accepted.

I went in to accept the offer and they gave me a few forms to sign for the drug test/background check as well as an offer letter. I took an on-site oral drug test, which took about five minutes and when it was time for me to leave, they gave me an orientation date and sent me out with a mint.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you misheard a coworker or customer. How did you resolve the issue? How did they respond?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't bother negotiating, as the pay was above minimum wage. Seeing as this is my first official job, I didn't bother to request more pay or benefits.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

One phone interview, all "tell about a time" questions, customer service oriented. One in person interview with assistant manager, basically same questions. She spent most of the time taking notes, was pleasant enough. By the time I got home, they had already sent a no thanks e mail. I think a young person with some retail experience would have no trouble getting placed here.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Brevard, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Fill out app on website waited a while for get a reply. Scheduled an interview for a week later. I had 2 interviews on the spot. a week later I was offered a position. The whole process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• All the question are situations. If you can think on your feet, it's easy!   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Gordonsville, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a call for an interview, interviewed with HR and what would become my direct supervisor. The interview was friendly, and I ended up getting offered a much better position than I applied for. Questions were very concrete and primarily focused on how I handled various situations in the past that may have corollaries in my future job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to fix a mistake you made with a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview a week later. Questions seem to follow the STAR method. Pretty easy interview overall. HR is only allowed to interview if a certain amount of people apply for each position, otherwise it will be re-posted. An assistant store manager and the HR manager will each interview you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped a difficult customer   Answer Question