Lowe's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

2.3

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Jefferson, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

Of all the interviews I have EVER participated, Lowe's is the MOST ridiculous! I'm sure you believe your interview process/questions are relevant in some way, but to an applicant, especially on who has interviewed with the company already, they are redundant and mysterious in that you don't ask what you really want to know! Why not just ask "what is it that you bring to the job?" instead of "tell me about a time when you....really?? This is a major corporations idea of what weeds out the applicants that do have the potential to be managing a department in a year or so?? RETHINK the interview process and get some of the talent you've been too silly to even be able to identify!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult job to do....or whatever. All the interview questions are designed and worded in this way. Why? What is it you will reveal about a person with this tactic? Why not just ask what you want to know?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2013.

I was hired very quickly. I had 2 interviews and after the interviews i took a drug test, then
    I was hired within 3 days.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Osage Beach, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osage Beach, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Was called in for my interview. It went great. Wasn't sure if I got the job but 2 weeks later got to call to work part time as a Weekend Team Member

There was no negotiation. I was informed about what my hourly rate would be.

Customer Service Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

After application is complete be sure to the assessment, read the questions carefully as your score will determine whether or not your even considered. HR manager will interview top candidates, if they determine you are qualified they will have you interview with assistant manager (usually immediately after). Listen to questions carefully and take your time giving responses. Candidate with the most experience and or interview score will be offered the position. Once offer is accepted a background check will be processed and oral drug screen sample taking. If both are clean you'll be given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are simple but require thought. All Lowe's interviews (including management) are situation based. Before the interview think of a few situations in the past when you provided excellent service to a customer and times you made mistakes and fixed them. Listen to the questions carefully and think about your response. Explain the situation and resolution in detail including what you did or how you responded. Be sure to use situations that ended positively for all parties. For specialist positions you should be familiar with explaining benefits and features as well as using credit and promotions to close sales.   Answer Question
    Lowe's uses set pay charts determined by entering your experience into a computer program. The store manager has the authority to offer you more if you can provide a compelling reason especially in regards to management positions (I.e. experience, client base your bringing with you, extensive product knowledge).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2010.

I applied online and within a few days I was contacted to come in for an interview. I met with one of the Zone Managers, then quickly after the Operations Manager of the store. They were very friendly and upfront with what they expected and what the job entailed. We both liked the interaction and felt we would fit well together so they tendered me a job and gave me time in house to review the paperwork. Not ten minutes later I was given a drug test and screened. A few days went by and when the results came in they called and gave me my schedule.

Everyone was extremely friendly and the transition from training to the floor was very easy. I have worked at two stores and can definitely tell you that the stores in Dallas, Tx are run like business and the store in Ruston, La is run like a free for all farm.

The educational difference and communication experience was evident. I worked in the Dallas store for a year before heading back to school. It was a great job because of the employees. The Ruston store was horrible, I never returned.

I now have my degree in Chemical Engineering if that will sway anyone on my education level when reflecting back on this experience.

Interview Questions
    • There was no hidden agenda or unexpected questions in the Dallas, Tx interview. The Ruston, La interview was like talking to a special needs child. The woman was really inept. I would say she was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

I was first contacted by HR to come in for an interview. I always arrive early about 15-20 minutes (It's a bad habit of mine). She was an hour and a half late. I waited patiently for her to arrive. When she finally arrived, she said she would be with me in a minute. After another half an hour she came out to get me for the interview.

Inside the office, it was awkward. She asked a question, and scribbled down everything I wrote. There was no feedback whatsoever, no real conversation. She asked about 4 questions regarding "Tell me about a time when..." scenarios.

After we had finished with our interview, I was to interview with an assistant manager. He asked me the same sort of questions, but I could tell that I had impressed him. He smiled a lot while quickly jotting everything I said down. He said he was waiting for a promotion, I wished him luck and he said he would see me in a few days.

About 4 days later they called me to come in for drug test (Just a mouth swab). HR lady was about an hour or so late again. (Not including my early arrival)

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time that you made a mistake"   View Answer
    The pay was more than I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

I was called two weeks after filling out an online application to come in for an interview by the HR manager. I came in and sat in the customer service area for ten minutes while waiting for my interview. The staff was very friendly and we talked while I waited. I then had my first interview with the HR Manager. They asked me about six very detailed questions, all "Name a time when..." questions with required details given. The HR manager was very serious and tried to show little emotion throughout the interview. She was friendly and nice after conducting said interview.
    After completing this interview, I then had a second interview immediately after with the manager of the department I was to be working in. They asked me basically the same questions, with a little variety. Same type of questions, just worded differently. The manager was very passionate about his line of work, and told me Lowe's was like a "family".

Questions include "Why do you want to work at Lowe's", "Name a time when you resolved a conflict with a customer..", etc.

After the interviews, about four days later, I received an email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates. I then received a call about a week after getting the email from the HR Manager. They asked me for a meeting to extend an offer and I accepted.

I went in to accept the offer and they gave me a few forms to sign for the drug test/background check as well as an offer letter. I took an on-site oral drug test, which took about five minutes and when it was time for me to leave, they gave me an orientation date and sent me out with a mint.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you misheard a coworker or customer. How did you resolve the issue? How did they respond?"   Answer Question
    I didn't bother negotiating, as the pay was above minimum wage. Seeing as this is my first official job, I didn't bother to request more pay or benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2013.

One phone interview, all "tell about a time" questions, customer service oriented. One in person interview with assistant manager, basically same questions. She spent most of the time taking notes, was pleasant enough. By the time I got home, they had already sent a no thanks e mail. I think a young person with some retail experience would have no trouble getting placed here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2011.

The interview process is very simple and quick. They ask you basic scenarios from recent jobs and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you for our company specifically? (not the job) and Name a time where you had to deal with an angry customer, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    My pay was more then I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

The Hiring Process was pretty quick, of course there was the usual later than promised phone calls and such, but overall it was pretty quick. The interview was done by two different people, but I didn't care for the interview because all they did was read me questions off a sheet of paper and write my response, wasn't really an interview in my opinion. Overall though with the people involved, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made in the past and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation really, they offered and I accepted.