Lowe's

2.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Unload Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

Had two back to back interviews with managers in store, at the end of the second interview, was given a drug test and started background check. Within a week was offered a job.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

HR manager called me three days after filling out the application online. I came in the following day, and he asked me some "Tell me about a time when you. . . " questions. After that, he asked me to come in the following day. I met with the manager and he essentially asked the same questions. The drug test was done at the time of the second interview. They called me four days later and asked me to come in and sign the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They type in your qualifications and receive a pre-determined hourly rate based on your experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Ask u question about previous positions and then give u a situation and yo you have to respond accordingly. There's also a personality test. 2interviews

Interview Questions
    • If there were multiple customers that needed help but no other employees available what do you do   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

positive one. interview was good. HR and manager sat down asked several questions. I was called the next week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I had never worked in retail...so the hardest question was the marketing questions.....what are 5 things that are important for a customer   View Answer

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Lowe's generally likes to hire from within so that their employees are cross-trained in different departments. Hiring is a simple Q&A sheet that management follows for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a customer was upset and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

I applied online and was called in for an interview about a week later. I had an interview with the store manager and the ASM over my section of the store. Signed the release forms for the background check and drug test. four days later they called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe personal events particular to the job requirements.   View Answer
    no negotiation. they had a salary they were offering, take it or leave it.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Same as all retail. Must go through 3 interviews. First with HR, then ASM, and final with store manager.

Interview Questions
    • all were simple retail question consisting of "name a time when..."   Answer Question
    NA

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2011.

There were two interviews, one on phone and the other in person. Pretty simple if you have sales experience. They are looking for that typical retail associate who thinks of customers first.

Standard for company.

Seasonal Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2011.

Call to set up time for interview was professional, HR Dept was pleasant and professional and easy to communicate with. Store was clean and associates I came in contact with throughout the store were pleasant and very helpful. I've had one interview and may have a 2nd one soon.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you only make This much per hour when you've been with the company for 3 years?   View Answer
    • Why did you apply here?   View Answer

Sales Specialist OPE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2010.

To get any kind of response you have to bug the crap out of their HR manager. Doing this will show initiative. Just like any retailer they ask situational questions about your previous job. You usually have about 2-3 different interviews before getting an answer on the position that you are interested in. If you have ever had any experience in the position your applying for it doesn't matter. I have found out that this company will hire anybody for any position.

Interview Questions
    It was very straight forward. At the time they were paying more than any other job I had applied for at the time.