Lowe's

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chico, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview with HR manager. Then called in another day to interview with Assistant managers and eventually to the store manager.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate pay.

Jonesboro, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews and very basic questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to work with a team on a quota.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible hours for me

Delivery Driver

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – HR called me for interview within a week of applying. 2 interviews, 1 with HR and 1 with assistant manager. They interview 3 people for every position took about another week to hear back. Was then called back to meet store manager for a couple questions and comments about position and then recieved an offer. Drug test and physical for medical card. entire process about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – Name a time when a customer or co-worker criticized your work.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sylva, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call the next morning from HR manager asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. I met with her and she asked 8 questions. After that I met with another manager and he asked maybe 12 questions. I'm still waiting for a call back since I just was interviewed yesterday.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you accidentally gave incorrect information to a coworker or customer and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Phone screening asking easy questions like why lowes and what experience do you have. A few days later got a call for an interview . Had to interview with the HR rep then a manager. They have basic "tell me a time when" questions. The interviews last 20 minutes or so.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when a customer was upset with you? Why were they upset ? How did you fix the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The starting pay was good the schedule is a 4 week rotating schedule that kinda sucks. The orientation part really sucks so boring so stupid like your back in elementary school. The computer training goes on and on you never get to the end cause there is non stop computer training at lowes .

Lansing, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in and met with the human resources person, brief interview about 30 min., then was directly sent to interview with the store manager, lassted about 30 min.

Interview Question – How have your directly made someone feel special during a sale?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – schedule was too variable. They deliver from 6:00 am to around 10;00 or 11;00 pm.

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – I Applied online and got a call from HR couple days later. Interview with HR and Assistant Manager at the same time with the typical customer service situational questions. Above and beyond customer service? Difficult customer? Someone criticized your work? Then I had an interview with Store Manager the next day which is more of a why should I hire you type of process. Called almost a week later to offer position. Background check and employment verification took a long time. They will call every reference, one per employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond customer service?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had a difficult customer? what was the situation, what actions did you take, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you were criticized on your work, How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had to sell something? What sales strategies did you use?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you received information from a supervisor, employee, or customer that was unclear. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2011.

Interview Details – When called for an interview with Lowes, be prepared to have three seperate interviews, loosely scripted, they will ask scripted questions about your prior work experience.. the questions are typical like ... tell me a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve the issue. or tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer. Bottom line, they are not hard, just be honest... if you cant think of anything right away ask them to move on and be thinking about it.. Lowes has pretty talented HR people and management, they are pretty down to earth... my interviews (ive had two series of them now because I transfered) were pretty laid back, informal.. dont be nervous these are working people just like you,

Interview Question – "tell me about a particularly difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In the end, I was offered their top starting pay for my position, be prepared to highlight your past experience whether professional or general customer service/sales skills.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!