Lowe's Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaither, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Gaither, MD).

Interview

A scant few questions dealt with delivery and driving; most applied to in-store selling, customer service, irate customer handling, dishonesty, morality, theft, ethics, etc. HR posted questions and summarized the replies, wrote them into the answer form.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?
    How would you steer a customer towards purchasing a product?
    How would you coax a customer into purchasing one of our products instead of going to the competition?
    How would you deal with customer claims of price-matching?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Show Low, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer gave me a hypothetical situation and asked me to give him an example from me experience to relate how I had handled it. He gave me what seemed like a long list of scenarios and had me tell him how I would deal with each type of situation.

Interview Questions

• If the customer has a problem with the delivery, what would you to handle the situation   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an argumentative customer ?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you will get fellow employees to give you a hand if you need assistance with an assignment or task?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy and painless. You're asked a few background questions about the position you're being hired for just to see if you qualify. Basic how would you handle different customer related issues and things like that. Then they let you know that you wont be performing much of what you're being hired for instead. you'll be performing a multitude of other duties that you may not be trained for and that you'll have to learn them on the fly and from someone who may know less about the job than you. Next they asked, when can you start?

Interview Questions

• That question is always the same for me, what are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I ask for industry comparable wages for the job and my experience, they declined. I accepted the job, left the negotiation table under paid and over worked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Chico, CA).

Interview

Called in for an interview with HR manager. Then called in another day to interview with Assistant managers and eventually to the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Phone screening asking easy questions like why lowes and what experience do you have. A few days later got a call for an interview . Had to interview with the HR rep then a manager. They have basic "tell me a time when" questions. The interviews last 20 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a customer was upset with you? Why were they upset ? How did you fix the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The starting pay was good the schedule is a 4 week rotating schedule that kinda sucks. The orientation part really sucks so boring so stupid like your back in elementary school. The computer training goes on and on you never get to the end cause there is non stop computer training at lowes .

Anonymous Employee in Sylva, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Sylva, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the next morning from HR manager asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. I met with her and she asked 8 questions. After that I met with another manager and he asked maybe 12 questions. I'm still waiting for a call back since I just was interviewed yesterday.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you accidentally gave incorrect information to a coworker or customer and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Jonesboro, AR) in April 2012.

Interview

3 interviews and very basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with a team on a quota.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flexible hours for me

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Lansing, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Was called in and met with the human resources person, brief interview about 30 min., then was directly sent to interview with the store manager, lassted about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• How have your directly made someone feel special during a sale?   Answer Question

schedule was too variable. They deliver from 6:00 am to around 10;00 or 11;00 pm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

When called for an interview with Lowes, be prepared to have three seperate interviews, loosely scripted, they will ask scripted questions about your prior work experience.. the questions are typical like ... tell me a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve the issue. or tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer. Bottom line, they are not hard, just be honest... if you cant think of anything right away ask them to move on and be thinking about it.. Lowes has pretty talented HR people and management, they are pretty down to earth... my interviews (ive had two series of them now because I transfered) were pretty laid back, informal.. dont be nervous these are working people just like you,

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a particularly difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation"   1 Answer

Negotiation

In the end, I was offered their top starting pay for my position, be prepared to highlight your past experience whether professional or general customer service/sales skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I Applied online and got a call from HR couple days later. Interview with HR and Assistant Manager at the same time with the typical customer service situational questions. Above and beyond customer service? Difficult customer? Someone criticized your work? Then I had an interview with Store Manager the next day which is more of a why should I hire you type of process. Called almost a week later to offer position. Background check and employment verification took a long time. They will call every reference, one per employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a difficult customer? what was the situation, what actions did you take, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were criticized on your work, How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to sell something? What sales strategies did you use?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you received information from a supervisor, employee, or customer that was unclear. How did you handle it?   Answer Question