Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

64 interviews

2.8

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview is "canned" and has little to no relevance toward if person would be a good fit for job. As a result often the wrong people get hired while the more qulified less interview savy current associates loose job advancements. Due to thier GSA requirements they are stuck with poor interview process. If you get an interview make sure to research Lowes policies on custoemr care and use the proper lingo.

Interview Questions
  • No question is difficult when you understand company lingo   Answer Question
Gave me a take it or leave it offer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Department Manager Interview

i do not remember the interview process! but they mostly ask about customer service, and how you go about helping customers and making a lasting impression. They also want to know mistakes you made and how you went about fixing them.

no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

An hour long interview with HR and Store Manager asking situational questions. It is hard if you have never been a manager before. Most of your answers need to be as if you were a manager. Which is hard to do when you have only been a seasonal associate. They all make sense but hard to answer for some people. I was lucky i previously owned my own business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you lead a group to accomplish a goal   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you what you will be paid

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McMinnville, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

submitted application online, not very lengthy process as I remember. was called my the stores hr manager to set up an interview that week. the interview was pretty black and white. sat in with the store manager and hr manager, they asked questions and filled them out on a sheet. Told me they would get back to me that week, and I heard the same day with an offer. went into complete a drug test and my first day was scheduled once my test came back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Usually know who they are going to hire before interview. Those people are usually asked to apply. My HR yawned through the whole process. Only one interview. Usually pick 5 to interview from candidates.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Told you what they would pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2012.

IT'S ABOUT A THREE WEEK PROCESS. FIRST THE HR THEN WITH THE ASM AND THEN THE STORE MANAGER.

Make sure you are detailed in all your questions.

Interview Questions
    • QUESTION: Name a time you went out of your normal job duties to satisfy a customer?
       Make sure you are detailed in all your questions.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

applied on line. received a phone call from HR for an interview. interview took about 1 hour. They asked a series of questions that were the same for the 3 candidates. rating was based on 1-3 points on how well the question was understood, how well the question was answered.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how your handled it.   View Answer
    they gave me a wage and I countered back, but did not counter back high enough

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgeton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, MO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2012.

fixed questions from a form interview

Interview Questions
    salary is pretty straight forward based on Lowes formula

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

I already work for Lowe's so I'm not sure if my interview process is any different the applying from out side. But I applied and it took them 15 days to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. All of the questions were about situations you had to handle, for example,....describe a time when you had to help a unsatisfied customer and what was the outcome, what does customer service mean to you, the also ask about your product knowledge. Just remember when you can mention extended protection plans, replacement plans, credit cards, and my Lowe's card.   Answer Question

Not enough money offered, I asked for more money but there was no negotiation.

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

series of 3 interviews before getting an offer then taking a mandatory drug test

Interview Questions
    • give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you changed the customer's view of the situation.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!