Lowe's

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.8

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I had one interview after the online assessments- both interviews were very nice, but the process itself is a bit nerve racking. Having 2 people ask you questions and feel you out makes for somewhat of an awkward experience.

Interview Questions
  • How can you drive sales and special orders to your department (electrical)?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Asks you 2 questions from 6 sections, a total of twelve each. The HR and store manager will pick one from each section of their choice making 12 questions total. It is mainly scenario questions of customer service and how to lead people.

Department Manager Interview

the hiring process was fast, one interview straight forward basic questions, situational interview. no negotiation on salary, 2 person interview. hiring process took about 3 weeks, call and bug them to get an interview..

none

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Submitted online application. About a week later, got called for an interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. Everyone there seemed to have a good repoire, very friendly and relaxed process. Interviewed in early afternoon and received an offer that night. The interview questions are all behavioral--very little focused on job history.

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service?   View Answer
    • Why would you be a good department manager/what experiences do you have that make you qualified?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a difficult customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you perform the job functions (after you read job description).   Answer Question
    • How do you retain employees and motivate staff?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was more than I anticipated. They have a lot of benefits plus it's hourly, so there is work-life balance.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview is "canned" and has little to no relevance toward if person would be a good fit for job. As a result often the wrong people get hired while the more qulified less interview savy current associates loose job advancements. Due to thier GSA requirements they are stuck with poor interview process. If you get an interview make sure to research Lowes policies on custoemr care and use the proper lingo.

Interview Questions
    • No question is difficult when you understand company lingo   Answer Question
    Gave me a take it or leave it offer

Department Manager Interview

i do not remember the interview process! but they mostly ask about customer service, and how you go about helping customers and making a lasting impression. They also want to know mistakes you made and how you went about fixing them.

no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

An hour long interview with HR and Store Manager asking situational questions. It is hard if you have never been a manager before. Most of your answers need to be as if you were a manager. Which is hard to do when you have only been a seasonal associate. They all make sense but hard to answer for some people. I was lucky i previously owned my own business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you lead a group to accomplish a goal   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you what you will be paid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

Situational questions read from a set of the same questions for everyone. You are ranked 1-3 on each question. Very simple but has little to do with experience and abilities other than the ability to talk to people and say the right thing. Knowing lowes lingo helps. Focus on safety as well

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you disagreed with your supervisor's directions. What was it? What did you do? What was the outcome?   View Answer
    No negotiations. They enter info into computer and it spits out your pay. Make sure you are very specific with experience because that is what it is all based on. Lowe's experience trumps, however any direct experience related to the position helps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Usually know who they are going to hire before interview. Those people are usually asked to apply. My HR yawned through the whole process. Only one interview. Usually pick 5 to interview from candidates.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Told you what they would pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

applied on line. received a phone call from HR for an interview. interview took about 1 hour. They asked a series of questions that were the same for the 3 candidates. rating was based on 1-3 points on how well the question was understood, how well the question was answered.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how your handled it.   View Answers (2)
    they gave me a wage and I countered back, but did not counter back high enough