Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   2 Answers
  • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There was a series of behavioral based questions conducted in two interviews. The first interview was with the HR manager and the second interview was with an assistant store manager.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are pre scripted behavior. Such as, tell me about a time you.......   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lowe's in June 2015.

Interview

Denied because I clocked in early to help customers! 8 years in tools and denied interview because I did customer service on the clock! Pure inept HR, Store Manager hand in hand!

Interview Questions

• Can't be interviewed because wanted my help. Denied interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I was not in the front of the store waiting for someone to start my interview. They were on time to start the interview. Staff was friendly and welcoming as I walked into the back room. The Store Manager made sure he met with me and introduced himself to me. As well as the Assistant Store Manager, who conducted the interview. SHe was friendly and nice as we spoke about my personal life and the direction lowes was going. She was very helpful with giving me information on benefits and the opportunity for growth.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the Department???   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two managers, alternating 'tell me about a time' questions. Approximately six questions in total. No feedback given at the time either verbally or through facial expressions. Blank stares throughout

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision based on limited or conflicting information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seaford, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Seaford, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Very warm and welcome greeting. Simple questions. Resume review. Job description review. Q and A session. Took approximately 1 hour. Head manager seemed very relaxed which made for a pleasant process. Described dress attire and work hours. Discussed the need to fill the position as it is vacant.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I applied online. The process took about two weeks. After applying online I received a call the following week. Set up an interview a few days later. After the interview I received a call back a few days after that. The HR personnel informed me that they were going to go with an internal candidate, however they had another position open. It was a seasonal position, twelve hours a week at minimal wage.

Interview Questions

• I had about 10 scenario based questions. For example; Tell me about a time you provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

I was not offered the position I interviewed for.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I had one interview after the online assessments- both interviews were very nice, but the process itself is a bit nerve racking. Having 2 people ask you questions and feel you out makes for somewhat of an awkward experience.

Interview Questions

• How can you drive sales and special orders to your department (electrical)?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Interview

Asks you 2 questions from 6 sections, a total of twelve each. The HR and store manager will pick one from each section of their choice making 12 questions total. It is mainly scenario questions of customer service and how to lead people.

Department Manager Interview

Interview

the hiring process was fast, one interview straight forward basic questions, situational interview. no negotiation on salary, 2 person interview. hiring process took about 3 weeks, call and bug them to get an interview..

Negotiation

none