Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.8

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Seaford, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Seaford, DE

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2015.

Very warm and welcome greeting. Simple questions. Resume review. Job description review. Q and A session. Took approximately 1 hour. Head manager seemed very relaxed which made for a pleasant process. Described dress attire and work hours. Discussed the need to fill the position as it is vacant.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online. The process took about two weeks. After applying online I received a call the following week. Set up an interview a few days later. After the interview I received a call back a few days after that. The HR personnel informed me that they were going to go with an internal candidate, however they had another position open. It was a seasonal position, twelve hours a week at minimal wage.

Interview Questions
    • I had about 10 scenario based questions. For example; Tell me about a time you provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

I was not offered the position I interviewed for.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I had one interview after the online assessments- both interviews were very nice, but the process itself is a bit nerve racking. Having 2 people ask you questions and feel you out makes for somewhat of an awkward experience.

Interview Questions
    • How can you drive sales and special orders to your department (electrical)?   View Answer

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Asks you 2 questions from 6 sections, a total of twelve each. The HR and store manager will pick one from each section of their choice making 12 questions total. It is mainly scenario questions of customer service and how to lead people.

Department Manager Interview

the hiring process was fast, one interview straight forward basic questions, situational interview. no negotiation on salary, 2 person interview. hiring process took about 3 weeks, call and bug them to get an interview..

none

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Submitted online application. About a week later, got called for an interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. Everyone there seemed to have a good repoire, very friendly and relaxed process. Interviewed in early afternoon and received an offer that night. The interview questions are all behavioral--very little focused on job history.

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service?   View Answer
    • Why would you be a good department manager/what experiences do you have that make you qualified?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a difficult customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you perform the job functions (after you read job description).   Answer Question
    • How do you retain employees and motivate staff?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was more than I anticipated. They have a lot of benefits plus it's hourly, so there is work-life balance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days. I went in for an interview. The HR manager told me to wait at the back of the store. I was early, but they ended up running ten minutes later than the interview was supposed to start. We went into a small office with the store manager and the interview began. The questions were easy and typical. I was offered the job within a few days after completing a drug test. The process was simple and quick.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral and situational. "Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker", etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation allowed. They have a pay scale that they strictly adhere to.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview is "canned" and has little to no relevance toward if person would be a good fit for job. As a result often the wrong people get hired while the more qulified less interview savy current associates loose job advancements. Due to thier GSA requirements they are stuck with poor interview process. If you get an interview make sure to research Lowes policies on custoemr care and use the proper lingo.

Interview Questions
    • No question is difficult when you understand company lingo   Answer Question
    Gave me a take it or leave it offer

Department Manager Interview

i do not remember the interview process! but they mostly ask about customer service, and how you go about helping customers and making a lasting impression. They also want to know mistakes you made and how you went about fixing them.

no negotiation