Lowe's

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lancaster, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was a long time ago but management usually knows who they are hiring refused less of interview process. And non negoicable about pay.

Interview Question – What if a customer came to you with a question you didn't know the answer to?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable about pay

New Castle, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2011.

Interview Details – I can't remember much of the actual interview process

Interview Question – The questions were all scenarios must be very specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Rapid City, SD

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Assistant Manager and Store Manager. They took turns asking me the company supplied questions based on my previous answer. Questions seemed to be focused on finding your demeanor. I tried to relate most of my previous experience to problem solving.
The questions seemed to repeat in nature trying to come from a different angle.

Interview Question – Name an experience when you had an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours and pay offer.

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – one interview with preset questions nothing unusual

Interview Question – what plumbing experience do you have and how will you adapt to a lack of product knowledge?   View Answer

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Not very organized.

Interview Question – Deal with an upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating happened

Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly straight forward: questions all come from a corporate-produced template and the process is painless. Nothing too challenging.

Interview Question – Most in-depth questions ask that you recall specific instances in which you went out of your way to help a customer/coworker at some point. However, they give you ample time to reflect and provide feedback   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Due to my position at the time within the company, I was offered the minimum starting pay to reflect my lack of internal experience. Understandable, if a bit disappointing, considering I had previous managerial experience at a smaller competitor

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The interview process has changed. I was interviewed over five years ago. However, the interview was done with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and the HR Manager. It was a form with the same questions I had been given during the Team Leader interview. At the time they were all the same.

Interview Question – Please tell us about a time when you had to motivate a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Altoona, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Fill out online Lowes app including Cover letter and resume. Completed online 80 plus questions. 2. Scheduled interview. 3. Interview was straight forward and lasted about an 30 minutes.

Interview Question – They were customer service related question. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I applied two weeks before I was called in for an interview. The first interview I dressed business casual. I arrived 15 minutes early and was then asked to come to a back office where the store manager was sitting. The HR manager and Store manager interviewed me together asking basic questions. First the Store Manager would ask a few questions and then the HR manager.

Interview Question – I do not have much experience in Retail and there was a question related to how the department would be run on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. They have a system at lowes that calculates a suggested rate of pay for an employee. I was called in the next day for a second interview and to be extended an offer.

Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – A detailed interview with many questions about past experiences. Questions are open ended and rely on the candidate entirely.

Interview Question – All questions were expected. Mostly about retail experiences and life choices.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's