Lowe's Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

one interview with preset questions nothing unusual

Interview Questions
  • what plumbing experience do you have and how will you adapt to a lack of product knowledge?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Not very organized.

No negotiating happened

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview process is fairly straight forward: questions all come from a corporate-produced template and the process is painless. Nothing too challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Most in-depth questions ask that you recall specific instances in which you went out of your way to help a customer/coworker at some point. However, they give you ample time to reflect and provide feedback   Answer Question
    Due to my position at the time within the company, I was offered the minimum starting pay to reflect my lack of internal experience. Understandable, if a bit disappointing, considering I had previous managerial experience at a smaller competitor

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview process has changed. I was interviewed over five years ago. However, the interview was done with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and the HR Manager. It was a form with the same questions I had been given during the Team Leader interview. At the time they were all the same.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about a time when you had to motivate a team.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

1. Fill out online Lowes app including Cover letter and resume. Completed online 80 plus questions. 2. Scheduled interview. 3. Interview was straight forward and lasted about an 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They were customer service related question. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied two weeks before I was called in for an interview. The first interview I dressed business casual. I arrived 15 minutes early and was then asked to come to a back office where the store manager was sitting. The HR manager and Store manager interviewed me together asking basic questions. First the Store Manager would ask a few questions and then the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • I do not have much experience in Retail and there was a question related to how the department would be run on a daily basis.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. They have a system at lowes that calculates a suggested rate of pay for an employee. I was called in the next day for a second interview and to be extended an offer.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

A detailed interview with many questions about past experiences. Questions are open ended and rely on the candidate entirely.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected. Mostly about retail experiences and life choices.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Applied online. Interviewed with ASM and HR. Was called back in to meet with the store manager approx. 1 week later. They go back and forth asking questions. They are situational questions that are common in most retail management interviews. Meeting with the manager is about making him like you as a person, and convincing him that you can sale things by selling yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are standard "Tell me about a time when.." be prepared to tell stories about how you've lead a team to a goal, and what you've done to meet goals and make profits in the past.   Answer Question
    I was offered a position and took my drug test. I asked for more than they offered, and received it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

The interview was done by asking questions off a paper. Instead of giving me a response, the HR Manager and Store Manager just wrote down my answers. I had no idea if they liked my responses or what they thought. It was very impersonal. I felt more like a number and not a person. I think they hired someone already at Lowe's, since they told me that there were a few people there that wanted to interview also. If that's the case, why do they waste people's time?

Interview Questions
    • What does Customer Service mean to you? What was your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

After applying online I received a phone call a week later. The interview was set up for the following week. I met with a HR Manager and Store Manager we went over my resume. My prior education and work experience was discussed. Standard questions were asked and some about appliance and selling as I would run that Department. The Store Manager didn't say a word the whole time looked like he was taking a nap. I was basically talking to the HR Manager the whole interview. Which lasted about 40 minutes not counting the time I had to wait as they took me in 5mins late. This store was located in a higher class area in the Midwest. So I'm sure the pay would of been good But it wasn't discussed. So It's been a week and still waiting for feed back.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioural questions were about 80% asked. Some about selling and Management.   Answer Question