Lowe's Department Manager Lowes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's (Marshall, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

it was great the longview manger gave me a bad review saod I was not ready. I have been a department lead since I was hired by Lowes and I was hand picked for this position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Department Manager Lowes Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Great interview with the store manager and HR it was about 30mins ask mostly questions that has to deal with employees and customers. Answer the all the questions to my best ability and from past experience. your answers are based on points. A few days later they called me in for the position and
    negotiated pay. I then took the position.

Interview Questions

• One questions that comes to mind is How do you motivate your employees   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

To be promoted within the company, as well as any company, ensure your resume is updated. It should state the department(s) you've worked and any accomplishments.

Only 3 of the many applicants will be interviewed. Ensure your resume is updated!!!

It took me 5 months to be promoted. Simply work hard in your department, volunteer to help in other departments, and be punctual. No call-outs, being late, leaving early, or other foolishness. Department heads and managers will notice both good and bad of employees.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to satisfy a customer?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you? Describe a time you had to help an unsatisfied customer, what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • What product knowledge do you have in "Xyz" department.   1 Answer
    • What if a customer asked you a question you didn't know the answer to   1 Answer
    • What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a 30% pay increase. My manager and store manager was excited to promote me. I just requested proper training to perform to their expectations. I haven't received proper training just help from fellow department managers.

Department Manager Lowes Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Starts with the call from a recruiter and short interview with that person. After this was put in contact with the store at which the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel that there was any difficulty or unexpected questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

Department Manager Lowes Interview

Interview

very professional interview.

Interview Questions

• what was the most important thing you accomplished in your work life,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rincon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Rincon, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I have worked for Lowes for many years and decided to move up to a department manager. I applied for numerous position both in my store as well as nearby store. I interviewed for 5 manager positions before I was given the opportunity to become a department manager. I was told the interview is a critical part of the hiring process. Each position you apply for has preset questions and the HR manager and interview manager will ask 6 questions out of a pool of 12-15 questions.

Interview Questions

• The question that are asked have to do with how you have handles a situation with a difficult customer. Also question about how you motivate a employee who is not motivated. Another question is about how you could increase sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Richmond, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Even though I am a current Lowe's employee, I had to apply on line. However, I printed my resume and cover letter and hand delivered them to the HR Manager, (things don't look the same when they look at them on their monitor, or when they print them at the store). The interview was with the Store Manager and HR Manager in the Store Managers office.The interview took about an hour with questions from both managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you lead a team to a goal and how did you achieve the goal on time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation its based on "base pay" and years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Greenville, SC).

Interview

The first step is applying online. There is an evaluation test that you will take that will ask the a number of questions in different ways. You must be consistent on your answers or you will not even get an interview. The questions ate focused on honesty and customer service
    The next step is an interview with the HR manager. If you get through that, the next interview will be with the assistant store manager that is over the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. They will be focused on customer service, so have stories ready to tell about actual situations you have been in. For example, you will be asked if you encounter a dissatisfied customer how you will handle the situation. Always answer the question with a story, don't try to make something up. Don't answer with " this is how I would handle it", answer with " this is how I handled it and tell your story.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

There are a series of questions which are all about past experiences. It is usually presided over by the HR Manager and an Assistant Store Manager. The HR Manager will be the one who contacts you to make the offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you went above and beyond a customer's expectations? Can you tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss? Can you tell me about a time you changed a process at work, and what happened as a result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was an offer. And they are willing to listen to reason as long as you have the experience to back up your request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Chino Hills, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and Store Manager. They had me sit in the Store Managers office. They alternated the questions they asked me. I answered to the best of my abilities. They also wanted to get an idea of my prior work experience, especially in retail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't complete a task to satisfaction. what was the outcome?   Answer Question