Lowe's

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Department Manager Lowes

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Starts with the call from a recruiter and short interview with that person. After this was put in contact with the store at which the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – I don't feel that there was any difficulty or unexpected questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – very professional interview.

Interview Question – what was the most important thing you accomplished in your work life,   Answer Question

Rincon, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I have worked for Lowes for many years and decided to move up to a department manager. I applied for numerous position both in my store as well as nearby store. I interviewed for 5 manager positions before I was given the opportunity to become a department manager. I was told the interview is a critical part of the hiring process. Each position you apply for has preset questions and the HR manager and interview manager will ask 6 questions out of a pool of 12-15 questions.

Interview Question – The question that are asked have to do with how you have handles a situation with a difficult customer. Also question about how you motivate a employee who is not motivated. Another question is about how you could increase sales.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Even though I am a current Lowe's employee, I had to apply on line. However, I printed my resume and cover letter and hand delivered them to the HR Manager, (things don't look the same when they look at them on their monitor, or when they print them at the store). The interview was with the Store Manager and HR Manager in the Store Managers office.The interview took about an hour with questions from both managers.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you lead a team to a goal and how did you achieve the goal on time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation its based on "base pay" and years of experience.

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The first step is applying online. There is an evaluation test that you will take that will ask the a number of questions in different ways. You must be consistent on your answers or you will not even get an interview. The questions ate focused on honesty and customer service
The next step is an interview with the HR manager. If you get through that, the next interview will be with the assistant store manager that is over the department you are applying for.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. They will be focused on customer service, so have stories ready to tell about actual situations you have been in. For example, you will be asked if you encounter a dissatisfied customer how you will handle the situation. Always answer the question with a story, don't try to make something up. Don't answer with " this is how I would handle it", answer with " this is how I handled it and tell your story.   View Answer

Lubbock, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview Details – Series of questions that determine your probable and past responses to retail situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a difficult task. How did you approach the task? Did you complete it and how?   Answer Question
  • What was the most difficult customer you have experienced. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was somewhat negotiable. Know what you are willing to make and if they offer you less bargain for higher pay based on performance.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2 part interview, 2 dates. Asked about retail experience and technical expertise. Behavior I interview with the standard questions such as "tell me about yourself" and "what did you do when" type of questions. Initial communications were a phone call to set up an interview. After the interview they said they would call for a second interview. At the second interview I met my immediate supervisor and he asked most of the questions. The first interview was with the store manager. The company ususally promotes from within. Dress nice, even though the work environment is jeans and t-shirts. The work culture is very positive. Shortcomings are called opportunities and training is ongoing. There is a conflict between providing great customer service and the paperwork/tasks they push you to do. Quite stressful between keeping the managers happy and the customers happy. I knew a man who once was fired from Home Depot for not doing enough of the tasks and stocking they require. But his customers, including me, came back and asked for him time and time again until he was gone. The district manager seems to think that customer service will solve every problem they have. But customer service takes time away from the rest of the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous retail experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated for 50 cents. They wouldn't go any higher. Was advised to negotiate after the offer, becasue raises are slow at the company.

Department Manager Lowes

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was already an employee, so I had 1 interview. I interviewed with the store manager and the HRM. They asked mostly situational questions - tell me about a time or describe how you... kinds of things. For example Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service or Describe a time you had an angry/upset customer and how you handled it.

Interview Question – I was moving to a different department I don't have experience in, so the questions specific to that department were more challenging.   View Answer

Department Manager Lowes

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2011.

Interview Details – Checked company history of employment and had two part interview

Department Manager Lowes

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2010.

Interview Details – Already employed there. Was called in for interview by Admin and Zone Managers. Took about 30 minutes

Interview Question – How would you motivate a new associate in your department?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!