Lowe's

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

To be promoted within the company, as well as any company, ensure your resume is updated. It should state the department(s) you've worked and any accomplishments.

Only 3 of the many applicants will be interviewed. Ensure your resume is updated!!!

It took me 5 months to be promoted. Simply work hard in your department, volunteer to help in other departments, and be punctual. No call-outs, being late, leaving early, or other foolishness. Department heads and managers will notice both good and bad of employees.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you went out of your way to satisfy a customer?   View Answer
  • What does customer service mean to you? Describe a time you had to help an unsatisfied customer, what was the outcome?   View Answer
  • What product knowledge do you have in "Xyz" department.   View Answer
  • What if a customer asked you a question you didn't know the answer to   View Answer
  • What are some of your weaknesses?   View Answer
I received a 30% pay increase. My manager and store manager was excited to promote me. I just requested proper training to perform to their expectations. I haven't received proper training just help from fellow department managers.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Department Manager Lowes Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Starts with the call from a recruiter and short interview with that person. After this was put in contact with the store at which the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • I don't feel that there was any difficulty or unexpected questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

very professional interview.

Interview Questions
    • what was the most important thing you accomplished in your work life,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rincon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rincon, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

I have worked for Lowes for many years and decided to move up to a department manager. I applied for numerous position both in my store as well as nearby store. I interviewed for 5 manager positions before I was given the opportunity to become a department manager. I was told the interview is a critical part of the hiring process. Each position you apply for has preset questions and the HR manager and interview manager will ask 6 questions out of a pool of 12-15 questions.

Interview Questions
    • The question that are asked have to do with how you have handles a situation with a difficult customer. Also question about how you motivate a employee who is not motivated. Another question is about how you could increase sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2013.

Even though I am a current Lowe's employee, I had to apply on line. However, I printed my resume and cover letter and hand delivered them to the HR Manager, (things don't look the same when they look at them on their monitor, or when they print them at the store). The interview was with the Store Manager and HR Manager in the Store Managers office.The interview took about an hour with questions from both managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you lead a team to a goal and how did you achieve the goal on time.   View Answer
    No negotiation its based on "base pay" and years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

The first step is applying online. There is an evaluation test that you will take that will ask the a number of questions in different ways. You must be consistent on your answers or you will not even get an interview. The questions ate focused on honesty and customer service
    The next step is an interview with the HR manager. If you get through that, the next interview will be with the assistant store manager that is over the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They will be focused on customer service, so have stories ready to tell about actual situations you have been in. For example, you will be asked if you encounter a dissatisfied customer how you will handle the situation. Always answer the question with a story, don't try to make something up. Don't answer with " this is how I would handle it", answer with " this is how I handled it and tell your story.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Series of questions that determine your probable and past responses to retail situations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were faced with a difficult task. How did you approach the task? Did you complete it and how?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult customer you have experienced. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    Pay was somewhat negotiable. Know what you are willing to make and if they offer you less bargain for higher pay based on performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2010.

2 part interview, 2 dates. Asked about retail experience and technical expertise. Behavior I interview with the standard questions such as "tell me about yourself" and "what did you do when" type of questions. Initial communications were a phone call to set up an interview. After the interview they said they would call for a second interview. At the second interview I met my immediate supervisor and he asked most of the questions. The first interview was with the store manager. The company ususally promotes from within. Dress nice, even though the work environment is jeans and t-shirts. The work culture is very positive. Shortcomings are called opportunities and training is ongoing. There is a conflict between providing great customer service and the paperwork/tasks they push you to do. Quite stressful between keeping the managers happy and the customers happy. I knew a man who once was fired from Home Depot for not doing enough of the tasks and stocking they require. But his customers, including me, came back and asked for him time and time again until he was gone. The district manager seems to think that customer service will solve every problem they have. But customer service takes time away from the rest of the job.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for 50 cents. They wouldn't go any higher. Was advised to negotiate after the offer, becasue raises are slow at the company.

Department Manager Lowes Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

I was already an employee, so I had 1 interview. I interviewed with the store manager and the HRM. They asked mostly situational questions - tell me about a time or describe how you... kinds of things. For example Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service or Describe a time you had an angry/upset customer and how you handled it.

Interview Questions
    • I was moving to a different department I don't have experience in, so the questions specific to that department were more challenging.   View Answer

Department Manager Lowes Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2011.

Checked company history of employment and had two part interview