Lowe's

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Garden Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

The interview process was really unprofessional. I went into the training room and 3 people were there. None of them had conducted an interview before and kept getting up to inquire with the HR person on what to ask. The questions were the usual "why do you want to work here?" etc. I was a bit put off at how unprofessional it was because I put time and effort into my appearance and demeanor for this and did not receive the same respect back. I was called two days later to say they wanted to hire me. I went through the training process and was alarmed that the position I received was not what I was put on the floor for. I had hours on my schedule but when I showed up to work all of the departments said there wasn't anything to do and I was constantly asked if I'd be willing to go home early to cut back on hours. Pretty disappointing so eventually I quit. I should have see all the red flags in the interview process with the management and not have decided to work here. It seemed that despite all of my own personal experience with Lowe's most people were happy to be working their job there.

Interview Questions
    • What is your passion? This was an annoying question because obviously my passion is not unloading things and selling plants.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they handed me a piece of paper with the hourly rate on it (9.77) for a Garden Associate (cashiers make more).

Unload Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

3 interviews total.

Interview Questions
    Hours, days I could or couldn't work. Pay rate.

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI

I was called by the person who works human resources and had a mini interview over the phone with him. He asked why I applied for the position, what experience I have in customer service, why I should be considered for a job. I answered honestly and carefully, and I got an interview in.
    We met up in a couple of days and he interviewed me. After that, the manager of the store interviewed me as well.
    They told me to come back again and that was when they both told me that I gave off a very nice impression and they'd love to have me work for them.
    I was scheduled to come back in a week to orientation with a group of people that hired in for other departments.
    I also took an oral drug test and did some computer training before I was on the floor.

ASM Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

I was contacted the day before to inform me of the interview. the manager of the store and a store manager trainee were both present and were very professional. Very laid back atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you experienced pressure from your supervisor, a customer and a direct to get something done simultaneously, what did you do and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I was first contacted by HR to come in for an interview. I always arrive early about 15-20 minutes (It's a bad habit of mine). She was an hour and a half late. I waited patiently for her to arrive. When she finally arrived, she said she would be with me in a minute. After another half an hour she came out to get me for the interview.

Inside the office, it was awkward. She asked a question, and scribbled down everything I wrote. There was no feedback whatsoever, no real conversation. She asked about 4 questions regarding "Tell me about a time when..." scenarios.

After we had finished with our interview, I was to interview with an assistant manager. He asked me the same sort of questions, but I could tell that I had impressed him. He smiled a lot while quickly jotting everything I said down. He said he was waiting for a promotion, I wished him luck and he said he would see me in a few days.

About 4 days later they called me to come in for drug test (Just a mouth swab). HR lady was about an hour or so late again. (Not including my early arrival)

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time that you made a mistake"   View Answer
    The pay was more than I expected.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Filled out application online along with assessment for position. i was contacted 4 days later for face to face interview. Conducted an 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were similar to online assessment. All situational questions pertaining to the position.   Answer Question

Conflict of interest.

Sales Specialist Pro Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hudson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hudson, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in October 2012.

I applied on line. Had two interviews that i thought were pretty much common sense questions about customer service. First one with HR and the second with the store manager and department manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a customer was upset and what did you do.   View Answer
    They made an offer of 14 dollars an hour and i accepted

Electrical Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in July 2012.

Applies online. I had 1 interview because I was already a Lowe's employee. I applied and with in a week was told that I had an interview. The interview was scheduled about 3 or 4 days later. My interview was with the HR manage and the ASM over electrical at the time. They asked about 10-15 questions each and it took roughly 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a customer you had that was difficult and how did you deal with that customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation about the pay. They use a scale based on experience and what the position pays.

Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

basic questions. real big on customer service. study up, be confident, and be straightforward and to the point. no problems here. call back for second interview, they were both quite casual, and a call later with a wage offer.

requested 11, was offered 11.84

Flooring Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2011.

This was a promotion within the company, but at a different location. I followed up after applying and was called 10 days later for an interview. The HR Mgr. & Store manager interviewd me for about 45 minutes. Both we're pleasant. Get there early but don't expect them to be ready at the set time as the manager who is interviewing you may be busy on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had a problem with a co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you told a customer the wrong info. How did you handle it?   Answer Question