Lowe's

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Specialist Flooring

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Once an online application along with resume is submitted, an interview is set up with the HR manager. If passed a second interview is scheduled with two Assistant Store Managers or at least one Assistant Store Manager and the Department Manager. If satisfied you will receive an offer from the Store Manager for hire.

Interview Question – The questions are mostly standard ones with scenarios like how have you handled difficult problems or customers, how have you dealt with time management and tasks, and how have you dealt with problem coworkers.   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Interview Details – asked pre determined questions. Went for 2nd interview. drug test and background. Waited for all to clear, called with an offer of hire if passed. The whole process took a very long time. I have never been in trouble and the background took almost 2 weeks

Interview Question – If you and management or peer had a disagreement which caused poor relations, how did you solve and what steps taken to solve.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pre determined

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was with the HR and one of the ASM of the store. They asked you several question and scenarios while taking note of answers.Most of the questions pertain to a persons ability to provide customer service in less than ideal situations.The Lowe's IMPACT model is very important to know, also trying to get credit app.

Interview Question – Very straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you and amount you can take it or leave it.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for this job which were about three days apart. The first one was with the human resources manager. The second one was with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager. Situational questions were asked which required detailed answers about previous work experience. An example is, describe a time when you experienced frustration in a particular job assignment or task.

Interview Question – The online assessments did not offer adequate answers for me; many times it was a choice between undesirable answers for the situation.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There were no opportunities to negotiate. This is what the job is and this is what it pays ($14.13 per hour, full time hourly).

Ogdensburg, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had interview and waited a couple days and then got offered the job

Interview Question – All scenario based questions. Tell me about a time when this happened and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Catonsville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details – very fast and somewhat simple

Interview Question – none they were all easy and related to prior work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they told me how much they would pay me and i accepted

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I researched job positions on glass door first, Applied online for jobs within driving distance. Interviews were straight up with open ended questions about my self and experience level.
Things like describe your knowledge level from 1 - 10 on depts in store, a time when you had a problem with a customer / fellow employee and how you resolved it, Why do you want to work here , and usual questionaire to judge your personaility.

Interview Question – A customer comes to you and needs advice on building a _____. How would you advise.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Since I am currently a Lowe's employee, I did an internal application through our employee webpage. I called the store to verify that they'd received my app okay, and made an appointment to call for follow-up. I requested recommendations from my Store and HR managers, who sent emails to the store to which I'd applied. They emailed the store before the job posting expired. I called back for follow up and arranged the time for the interview for an hour later that same day.

Interviews for Specialists and above are Group/Panel interview. For Specialists, it is the Assistant Store Manager in charge of the department you applied for, and the HR Manager. The interview consisted of a little over a dozen questions asking for specific examples of customer and coworker interactions, a product-knowledge role play, and a few general interview questions (why do you want this position? etc..). I felt that the questions were generally easy as long as you use common sense.

Pro tips: Use Lowe's language (ex. "daily 8s"), prove you know the difference between the types of credit at Lowe's, bonus points if you can talk about Lowe's Experience of the Future (ex. MyLowe's, ATG, Connections, etc.) and keep your answers to the point because they have to write down what you're saying. They're not going to ask if you actually know about Lowe's credit, or about MyLowe's, etc. specifically - use them creatively in the questions that they do ask.

Interview Questions

• Rate your product knowledge in these departments on a scale of one to ten. (Followed by a list of the Lowe's departments which typically have a Sales Specialist.)   View Answer
  • Since you rated yourself high in product knowledge in the ____ department, pick a product from that department and pretend that you're selling it to us.   View Answers (2)
  • How do you use your time when there is low traffic in the store?   View Answer
  • Give an example when you've had to overcome a seemingly overwhelming obstacle, and explain what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question
  • Suppose a customer is interested in a project, but they don't want to purchase because they say they can't afford it. How do you close the sale?   View Answer

Gloucester, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2011.

Interview Details – unlisted

Interview Question – provide examples of certain experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Honesty is main factor.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2011.

Interview Details – This was a promotion within the company, but at a different location. I followed up after applying and was called 10 days later for an interview. The HR Mgr. & Store manager interviewd me for about 45 minutes. Both we're pleasant. Get there early but don't expect them to be ready at the set time as the manager who is interviewing you may be busy on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a problem with a co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you told a customer the wrong info. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!