Lowe's Foods Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014

1.9

HBC Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's Foods.

When I went to the store to hand them my resume they happen to be hiring at that store for a new store about to open and with my experience I interviewed for that store. I filled out an application online then interviewed immediately after that. This is not the normal way this gets done. However, you do summit an application online and then may or may not get called in for an interview. I only interviewed with one person, but I do think on occasion you may interview with the co-manager and then the manager depending on the situation. Also, they normally only hire part-time workers. I got full-time when I started because it was a new store opening and I had the experience.

They offered me $10 and I asked for $11 which I got based on my experience. I always tell people to ask for more if they think they deserve it. All they can say is no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's Foods.

Simple interview process for a cashier, one interview and was hired on the spot. Hourly job that I held in high school, interview was not complicated. Professional environment in the interview, but very relaxed questions. Did not feel intimidated at all during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical challenge?   Answer Question
    Simple, no negotiation. Opportunities for raises dependent on work.

Stoker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's Foods in June 2014.

The co-manager had a informal interview with me. joked around a little bit. Didn't do alot to check my back round. Just cared I had no felonies court dates. The whole thing took 10 mins and told me to come back the next day, and to bring a black shirt and tan pants. The following day we did paper work (legal stuff), a drug test, and computer training courses. After that day I was officially an employee.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Carteret, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Carteret, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's Foods in November 2013.

I was called back immediately after putting my application online. I was asked very thorough questions, and was hired on the spot. Orientation was within a week and i was starting my new job within a week and a half.

Cashier Interview

I was called for an interview the day I turned in my paperwork.
    The format was generic behavioral questions, which lasted approximately 30 minutes.
    I was offered a position in the interview. The questions were not too in-depth: tell me about a time you dealt with a dysfunctional group, etc.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a question you wish I had asked you in the interview."   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's Foods.

Short process. One interview and you have the job. The job training is no fun as you are on a computer reading and watching videos for over four hours.

No negotiation

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornelius, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornelius, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's Foods.

I filled out an application, but got no response for 2 weeks; I called them and they scheduled an interview with me. The interview was relaxed. No difficult questions were asked. They only really wanted to know my availability. The woman who interviewed me at the time was the stores assistant manager and she was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult question for me was: "Tell me about your work experience".
      Only because I had been a stay at home mom for 5 years prior to submitting an application at Lowe's Foods.
        Answer Question
    It went like this: "We can hire you starting at $8 an hour, see you 8am on Monday."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little River, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little River, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's Foods in March 2013.

Very quick invitation to interview with Store Manager. She called and asked when I could come in for an interview. The Manager was very relaxed. I was surprized that she told me her age and she said that I was probably younger than she is. [I told her my age (not young) and she said she would have guessed that I was younger.] Also during the interview she shared some of her person/family situation as if we were already friends. The next day she called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Easy. Seemed the Manager was anxious to hire me based on the online application I submitted.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's Foods.

1 interview after application
    1 drug test
    usually start within the week if hired.
    4-5 day training period.

Interview Questions
    Not really anything. other than availability. Very easy to work and go to school here.

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's Foods in September 2012.

Started as a bagger and it was a matter of talking to the front end manager and setting up a date of getting an interview. Interview was really standard questions about when I could work, pretty much a review of my application.

No negotiations, set pay