Lowe's Foods Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014
16 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's Foods.

Simple interview process for a cashier, one interview and was hired on the spot. Hourly job that I held in high school, interview was not complicated. Professional environment in the interview, but very relaxed questions. Did not feel intimidated at all during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical challenge?   Answer Question
    Simple, no negotiation. Opportunities for raises dependent on work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cape Carteret, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Carteret, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's Foods in November 2013.

I was called back immediately after putting my application online. I was asked very thorough questions, and was hired on the spot. Orientation was within a week and i was starting my new job within a week and a half.

Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's Foods in September 2012.

Started as a bagger and it was a matter of talking to the front end manager and setting up a date of getting an interview. Interview was really standard questions about when I could work, pretty much a review of my application.

No negotiations, set pay

Cashier Interview

I was called for an interview the day I turned in my paperwork.
    The format was generic behavioral questions, which lasted approximately 30 minutes.
    I was offered a position in the interview. The questions were not too in-depth: tell me about a time you dealt with a dysfunctional group, etc.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a question you wish I had asked you in the interview."   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's Foods.

Short process. One interview and you have the job. The job training is no fun as you are on a computer reading and watching videos for over four hours.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cornelius, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornelius, NC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's Foods.

I filled out an application, but got no response for 2 weeks; I called them and they scheduled an interview with me. The interview was relaxed. No difficult questions were asked. They only really wanted to know my availability. The woman who interviewed me at the time was the stores assistant manager and she was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult question for me was: "Tell me about your work experience".
      Only because I had been a stay at home mom for 5 years prior to submitting an application at Lowe's Foods.
        Answer Question
    It went like this: "We can hire you starting at $8 an hour, see you 8am on Monday."

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's Foods.

1 interview after application
    1 drug test
    usually start within the week if hired.
    4-5 day training period.

Interview Questions
    Not really anything. other than availability. Very easy to work and go to school here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southport, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southport, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's Foods in April 2012.

Everyone is nice. The new over-all store manager is awesome. I needed to keep the job but I was a temp. so the process to transfer to another city was smooth sailing!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult...questions about how you would react in hypothetical situations in a grocery store.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate my pay. And raises may or may not happen? Depends on the manager really. The deli and the meat deparment pay the best starting... I only make $8.00.

The hard part is if you are hired as a Temp and you plan on staying with the company... You'll either have to transfer to another store or hope they want to keep you. I recommend cross-training in different departments. Make yourself an asset to the company.

This location is great in the summer if you get hired in the deli. You can be temporary and get near full-time hours. But when fall roles around...I advice you be skilled in more than one department. You might get the boot if you're just temporary.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's Foods in March 2012.

They called me a few days after i applied online. I went in for the interview and it went pretty well. I went in for a second interview a few days later with the same guy as before, and the produce manager. Was offered the job the next day. A long process, but can't complain.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to make a quick decision.   View Answer
    Was no negotiation. Put 7.25/hr on application, but was offered 8/hour!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's Foods in September 2011.

I was well known to the store management conducting the interview. The interview started promptly and we went over my resume, point by point. They said I would be considered for the job, but did not hear back at all.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lowe's Foods? Contribute to the Community!