Lowe's Head Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.7

Head Cashier Interview

Interview

Very fast pace and relaxed. I had my first interview on the first day and my final interview the next day and was hired on the spot just as I had expected from how much they liked me on the second day.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There is a structured process of behavioral questions which they prefer you to use the "STAR" outline to respond. Introduce the situation, explain your task or responsibilities, describe your actions, and explain the results or outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when something happened that wasn't planned...what was the problem? And how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pocono, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Mount Pocono, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke with hr rep, asst. Store manager, and front end manager. All were really friendly and told me I would here the outcome in about 2 days. It was very detailed and quick, they also made the process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• To name past experiences in different situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Oxford, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied on the 11th of June. I was contacted by HR the following Monday for an interview that Friday. I interviewed with the ASM since the SM was out on vacation. The interview process was pretty smooth. He asked about 6 (Tell me a time when) based questions. In return I asked him 3 questions. He said that 6 candidates interviewed for the position. He said that I would hear back that Monday. Monday comes no call, Tuesday comes no call, and now Wednesday. I hate that he put a time stipulation on it. I rather he said you will hear from us next week some time. So now I'm just waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a complicated employee. Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I had previously interviewed a month prior to just become full time. She just used my last answers and instead talked about what would be expected of me. Since they have changed to process again and the questions are extremely vague and they don't ask a lot of probing questions for rebuttal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help a customer with very little info to go off of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tullahoma, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Tullahoma, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the assistant store manager over the administrative area of the store as well as the administrative department manager. They each had a list of different questions that appeared to be a standardized corporate interviewing packet, and they took turns asking their respective questions taking notes on my answers. After my interview a decision was made within the week, and I was given follow-up advice on my interview, and I was offered to be worked with on my experience in the company so that I would be better qualified if a similar position opened up as I was a current employee at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you told someone something wrong about a company policy or practice and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The interview questions are the same for every job. You always want to tailor your answers towards what you are interviewing for. That's the trick to getting the job. I've gotten every position I've interviewed for. Don't be afraid to admit times you've made mistakes, but focus more on what you learned than what you messed up.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you have someone the wrong information. What happened and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I did not expect a pay raise, and was very happy when I was offered one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phillipsburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Phillipsburg, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly basic. I Interviewed with the HR manager then later with the department manager and Assistant Store Manager. They took turns asking questions pertaining to how I would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were put in a difficult work situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Waco, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was smooth and I got hired. People were very nice. And the interview was easy. Just answer the questions how you feel. I love the care they take to make sure they hire the right people

Interview Questions

• If you had a lot of things to do at once how would you handle it   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy going. There was not any hard questions asked. The interviewer was friendly and liked detailed explanations. There was only 10 questions and they were easy. After I applied online, they called 2 days later. I was surprised that it was that fast.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that something unplanned happened. What happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question