Lowe's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 6, 2015

1.8

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

They want to know what happened, what did you do, and what was the outcome. It's a very easy interview process. Nothing to get upset about. it's very fast but easy to do. There will be the Area HR and the store Manager at the interview. Somebody may call to do a phone screen but it just depends.

Interview Questions

• I think it was something about meeting deadlines.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. The offer is what the offer is.

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied to Lowes online and about a week and a half later I received a phone call from HR wanting to schedule an interview. Went in for the interview there were other people there also so I thought it was going to be a group interview but it wasn't. I signed what looked like the job description that was on paper basically reminding me what I applied for. (Since I applied for multiple positions I signed multiple papers) HR called me asked me 5 or 6 situational questions that was in reference to previous employment. But before that he told me that the interview was based on points from him and the store manager (part 2 of the interview) and whoever got the most points out of all the candidates would be hired. After that I went on to the second part of the interview with the store manager. Same type of interview with situational questions. I received the job offer later on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied for the seasonal position and was contacted the same week. I went to the interview and waited in the breakroom. Everyone seemed to be pretty friendly, but there were about 4 more people there before me that needed to be interviewed. I had my first interview, which was actually a supervisor going over the job description and asking if I understood the job and if I had any questions. I asked a few questions and then I was directed to a manager for a "second interview." His accent was very thick, so it was hard to understand him and he did not seem as relaxed as the other workers.

Interview Questions

• I am a customer and I want to buy your purse, sell me your purse.   1 Answer

I found out that I was expecting and decided not to take the position

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I came in for an interview about 5 days after applying online. Had an interview with the human resource manger and immediately following that interview I had another one with a store manger. Very simple interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I had to interview several managers and associates. I described all my work experience, and the details of those. Also I went into great detail about all of my successsess and the financial returns of my success. I also described al of the education I had received from being a self taught pi\lot to being a stock broker with many certifications, etc.

Negotiation

very simple

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially applied on the Lowe's website under the careers tab. It took about three weeks before I received a call for the interview. I went in for the interview and answered their questions as well as asked a few questions about the job. Two days later they called me in for a drug test and to discuss compensation. The HR manager and I went back and forth over pay but initially settled on a good number.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in charge, but you failed to complete the task assigned to you. How did you measure the failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little, but they were not willing to move too much. Just be calm and ask if they can meet you around $XX.XX instead of saying I have to have this much to work here.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Cookie cutter style. Tell them what they want to hear. Do not stray from unrealistick positive attitude.

Negotiation

Be strong on your pay rate!!!! It will be your only chance to haggel. Your pay IS negociable!!!

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

very efficent each step took way too long in their new system but it was worth the weight, it must be very tedious to do all the online stufff. Met with ops mgr, store mgr, human resource mgr, store mgr again, waited 1 week for offer after background, then drug test then started next day after offer.

Interview Questions

• describe a moment when a customer got you upset?   2 Answers

Negotiation

non existant

Department Manager - Millwork Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Very quick response on initial interview, interviewed with HR & asst. manager, called back week later with store mgr. Next store manager interview will call in three days, no call, called HR, mgr scheduled 2 meeting today, asst. manager talked , store manager had me evaluate customer service in store while he was doing something, asst manager went over with me about cust. service in store, Mgr in HR office with door open he could hear our discussion. Then after being there a total of one hour mgr comes in and say he will get back with me on Monday????? No offer, No drug test what is up?

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of ordinary just to see if you will be competent managing others   Answer Question