Lowe's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

1.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied for the seasonal position and was contacted the same week. I went to the interview and waited in the breakroom. Everyone seemed to be pretty friendly, but there were about 4 more people there before me that needed to be interviewed. I had my first interview, which was actually a supervisor going over the job description and asking if I understood the job and if I had any questions. I asked a few questions and then I was directed to a manager for a "second interview." His accent was very thick, so it was hard to understand him and he did not seem as relaxed as the other workers.

Interview Questions
    • I am a customer and I want to buy your purse, sell me your purse.   View Answer

I found out that I was expecting and decided not to take the position

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2012.

I had to interview several managers and associates. I described all my work experience, and the details of those. Also I went into great detail about all of my successsess and the financial returns of my success. I also described al of the education I had received from being a self taught pi\lot to being a stock broker with many certifications, etc.

very simple

Toolworld Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2012.

The interview was very quick. HR was very courteous, friendly and open. A 2nd interview was held immediately afterwards with the store manager who was very upfront about expectations in a way that ensured you that you know what you where getting yourself into. That was very apriciated.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you with person to person sales?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are some of the things people expect from a sales associates.   Answer Question
    Seemless. No real hassle.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2012.

very easy multiple interviews with various managers

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer and how did you fix it/   View Answer
    none

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2011.

I initially applied on the Lowe's website under the careers tab. It took about three weeks before I received a call for the interview. I went in for the interview and answered their questions as well as asked a few questions about the job. Two days later they called me in for a drug test and to discuss compensation. The HR manager and I went back and forth over pay but initially settled on a good number.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were in charge, but you failed to complete the task assigned to you. How did you measure the failure?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little, but they were not willing to move too much. Just be calm and ask if they can meet you around $XX.XX instead of saying I have to have this much to work here.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

first you talk to human resources manager and they go thru a list of questions. If you pass that section, you have an interview with the store manager who ask you even more questions. Then they say they will call you if they are interested. Within 2 days they called back with a job offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went over and beyond for a customer.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied, how did you handle it? What was the outcome?   View Answer
    no negotiation was conducted. everything is final already.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2010.

Cookie cutter style. Tell them what they want to hear. Do not stray from unrealistick positive attitude.

Be strong on your pay rate!!!! It will be your only chance to haggel. Your pay IS negociable!!!

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2010.

very efficent each step took way too long in their new system but it was worth the weight, it must be very tedious to do all the online stufff. Met with ops mgr, store mgr, human resource mgr, store mgr again, waited 1 week for offer after background, then drug test then started next day after offer.

non existant

Department Manager - Millwork Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2010.

Very quick response on initial interview, interviewed with HR & asst. manager, called back week later with store mgr. Next store manager interview will call in three days, no call, called HR, mgr scheduled 2 meeting today, asst. manager talked , store manager had me evaluate customer service in store while he was doing something, asst manager went over with me about cust. service in store, Mgr in HR office with door open he could hear our discussion. Then after being there a total of one hour mgr comes in and say he will get back with me on Monday????? No offer, No drug test what is up?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of ordinary just to see if you will be competent managing others   Answer Question