Lowe's

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Abingdon, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The initial communication was great, but after that the process went downhill. The hiring manager (regional HR director) seemed unorganized and unsure of how to handle the hiring process.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy - not a very difficult interview. They did have me take a test on my HR knowledge which was fine, but unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was not interested in working there because of their disorganization. Also, my job countered with a higher salary.

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Application, Assesment, Panel Interview

Interview Question – All are difficult. You must be able to answer situational questions with HR scenarios.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took assessment received a call within two weeks. Set up an interview with HR Director and store manager. Interview was around 2 hours long. Questions seemed for corporate HR and does not relate to smaller locations. Interview is not personable and managers give no indication of your success or failure. Job offer is based solely on how well you do in the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a policy you implemented?   Answer Question

Human Resource Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Online application. Online personality assessment. Human Resource Manager interview and online assessment. Fill in the best answer for honesty assessment. Background search. Drug Test.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job, and why should we expect you to stay working for Lowes?   Answer Question

Bozeman, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Long and tesius. Multiple interviews and computer testing. Took a couple of months from applying to starting.

Interview Question – None specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you a salary. No negotiation.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2013.

Interview Details – I only was invited to the initial interview, I believe I lacked the larger company experience they were looking for. The interview is very corporate and was about 15-20 questions. They have one sheet of paper for each question they ask where they write your response and then later rate your answer, I'm guessing it's how they rank their candidates.

Interview Question – 90% of their questions start with "Give me an example of time when you handled... " I did not always have a good or complete answer as I had not encountered some of the types of situations they were asking for in my previous experience with a much smaller company.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online along with assessment for position. i was contacted 4 days later for face to face interview. Conducted an 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Question – All questions were similar to online assessment. All situational questions pertaining to the position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Conflict of interest.

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – After filling out the online application and taking two assessments, you will be called for an interview. The interview consists of a panel interview with two to three managers interviewing. During the interview, they ask 10-15 interview questions in which you must respond with specific, detailed experience relating to the HR field.

Interview Question – You must answer all questions with specific, detailed occurrences from past job experience.   Answer Question

Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2009.

Interview Details – Joint interview with Store Manager and Area HRM

Interview Question – Must understand FMLA, ADA, EEO and apply to real life question scenario.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process, take it or leave it!

Oakland, MD

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, hr basic skills test, drug test

Interview Question – How did you defeat a challenge in your previous position   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Human Resources Manager interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.