Lowe's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was referred through another employee that worked there. I met with another HR Manager the screened me out first. Then their store manager interviewed me with the Area HR Manager on the phone asking me questions as well. The process is very straight forward as I went through a three step process when interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision about a policy violation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

They want to know what happened, what did you do, and what was the outcome. It's a very easy interview process. Nothing to get upset about. it's very fast but easy to do. There will be the Area HR and the store Manager at the interview. Somebody may call to do a phone screen but it just depends.

Interview Questions

• I think it was something about meeting deadlines.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. The offer is what the offer is.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in May 2015.

Interview

The area or regional HR Manager called to set up a phone interview and she never called at our scheduled time. She called to apologize on my voice-mail, but I made a few attempts and left voice-mails over next few days and never heard from her.... Great impression! I understand what it means to be busy but but thats no excuse to not be professional.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Very easy process. They have to go off of a pre-determined form that lists the questions. There is little wiggle room and most of the questions are "tell me about a time..". Not very HR specific at all. It was a an initial phone screen by the Area HR Manager and then a group interview with the area HR and the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay well below national average for this position

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The process starts with looking at the Lowes career site. After you find a position to apply for, upload your updated resume. Lowes will choose the top three applicants and offer an interview. After meeting and interviewing with the Area HR Manager and Store Manager, you might have to do an informal interview with the Regional HR Director. After that, wait until they either call with a job offer or you get an email telling you thanks but, you were not selected this time but please apply again for other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are situational based questions. They are all read from a list that corporate HR comes out with. Thus, they are all HR friendly and nothing too difficult if you have experience in that field or have a good dose of common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is ran through a computer program and it tells them what to pay you. There is in some cases a little room for negotiation but, they tend to stick with the computer rate results.

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Abingdon, MD).

Interview

The initial communication was great, but after that the process went downhill. The hiring manager (regional HR director) seemed unorganized and unsure of how to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty easy - not a very difficult interview. They did have me take a test on my HR knowledge which was fine, but unexpected.   Answer Question

I was not interested in working there because of their disorganization. Also, my job countered with a higher salary.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Application, Assesment, Panel Interview

Interview Questions

• All are difficult. You must be able to answer situational questions with HR scenarios.   Answer Question

Human Resource Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Online application. Online personality assessment. Human Resource Manager interview and online assessment. Fill in the best answer for honesty assessment. Background search. Drug Test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job, and why should we expect you to stay working for Lowes?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took assessment received a call within two weeks. Set up an interview with HR Director and store manager. Interview was around 2 hours long. Questions seemed for corporate HR and does not relate to smaller locations. Interview is not personable and managers give no indication of your success or failure. Job offer is based solely on how well you do in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2013.

Interview

I only was invited to the initial interview, I believe I lacked the larger company experience they were looking for. The interview is very corporate and was about 15-20 questions. They have one sheet of paper for each question they ask where they write your response and then later rate your answer, I'm guessing it's how they rank their candidates.

Interview Questions

• 90% of their questions start with "Give me an example of time when you handled... " I did not always have a good or complete answer as I had not encountered some of the types of situations they were asking for in my previous experience with a much smaller company.   Answer Question