Lowe's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.8

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

The process starts with looking at the Lowes career site. After you find a position to apply for, upload your updated resume. Lowes will choose the top three applicants and offer an interview. After meeting and interviewing with the Area HR Manager and Store Manager, you might have to do an informal interview with the Regional HR Director. After that, wait until they either call with a job offer or you get an email telling you thanks but, you were not selected this time but please apply again for other opportunities.

Interview Questions
  • All of the questions are situational based questions. They are all read from a list that corporate HR comes out with. Thus, they are all HR friendly and nothing too difficult if you have experience in that field or have a good dose of common sense.   Answer Question
The pay is ran through a computer program and it tells them what to pay you. There is in some cases a little room for negotiation but, they tend to stick with the computer rate results.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abingdon, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

The initial communication was great, but after that the process went downhill. The hiring manager (regional HR director) seemed unorganized and unsure of how to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty easy - not a very difficult interview. They did have me take a test on my HR knowledge which was fine, but unexpected.   Answer Question

I was not interested in working there because of their disorganization. Also, my job countered with a higher salary.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Application, Assesment, Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • All are difficult. You must be able to answer situational questions with HR scenarios.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Applied online, took assessment received a call within two weeks. Set up an interview with HR Director and store manager. Interview was around 2 hours long. Questions seemed for corporate HR and does not relate to smaller locations. Interview is not personable and managers give no indication of your success or failure. Job offer is based solely on how well you do in the interview.

Human Resource Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Online application. Online personality assessment. Human Resource Manager interview and online assessment. Fill in the best answer for honesty assessment. Background search. Drug Test.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job, and why should we expect you to stay working for Lowes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bozeman, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

Long and tesius. Multiple interviews and computer testing. Took a couple of months from applying to starting.

Interview Questions
    They give you a salary. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2013.

I only was invited to the initial interview, I believe I lacked the larger company experience they were looking for. The interview is very corporate and was about 15-20 questions. They have one sheet of paper for each question they ask where they write your response and then later rate your answer, I'm guessing it's how they rank their candidates.

Interview Questions
    • 90% of their questions start with "Give me an example of time when you handled... " I did not always have a good or complete answer as I had not encountered some of the types of situations they were asking for in my previous experience with a much smaller company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Filled out application online along with assessment for position. i was contacted 4 days later for face to face interview. Conducted an 2 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were similar to online assessment. All situational questions pertaining to the position.   Answer Question

Conflict of interest.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

After filling out the online application and taking two assessments, you will be called for an interview. The interview consists of a panel interview with two to three managers interviewing. During the interview, they ask 10-15 interview questions in which you must respond with specific, detailed experience relating to the HR field.

Interview Questions
    • You must answer all questions with specific, detailed occurrences from past job experience.   Answer Question

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2009.

Joint interview with Store Manager and Area HRM

Interview Questions
    • Must understand FMLA, ADA, EEO and apply to real life question scenario.   Answer Question
    No negotiation process, take it or leave it!

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!