Lowe's

Updated Dec 14, 2014
1,369 Interview Reviews

2.6

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

They asked the basic questions...
    What is your greatest weakness
    How do you respond to conflict
    In your own words, how do you define leadership
    Why do you want to work here

Glass door is now making me write more words. I really don't feel like it. This could be a great tool but... Im using this to research a company I am going to apply to work for.

To be honest. Please, Please, Please. If you really have to research informations for a retail job at Lowes, you might need to ask yourself what the heck are you doing.

no negotiations

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carrollton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carrollton, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

HR called for an interview... made one for 3 days later... showed up met with hr and asm to do interview. Said they needed to do a few more interviews and would let me know if I was chosen.

Interview questions:
    name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?

.On a scale from 1-10 how well do you know depts:
    kitchens
    plumbing
    appliances
    live nursery
    flooring
    Whatever your highest choice was:
    Pick a product from that dept and sell it to me...ie tell me its pros and cons price range how it compares to another product etc.

Name a time when you dealt with an upset customer, how did you handle it?

Name a time when you were interrupted In the middle of a task, how did you respond?

What do you think it takes to do well in this position?

Interview Questions
    • 10.What would you do with any free time you had when the store was not as busy?   Answer Question
    • 9. How do you approach a customer in your dept? How would you ensure that you got all of the relevant information?   Answer Question
    • 8. What do you love about your current position? What would you change?   Answer Question
    • 7. Name a time when a manager asked you to do something and the instructions were unclear. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • 6. Say you suggested an item for a customer and the price was to high? How do you work around this and close the sale?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Process was fast. It was done very professionally. Got a call from the HR management and got scheduled for an interview. The interview was short. Nothing too difficult. Questions on how do you handle difficult situations with peers, customers etc

Interview Questions
    • A time when you could not fulfil a promise, what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Home Decor Interview

ask a lot about your previous job and what you would do in different scenarios. You get interviewed by the HR first and then the zone manager of the department you applied for.

Unload Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Applied and took assessment online on a Thursday night. Received a call the next day to schedule an interview. Interviewed on Monday with the HR Manager. Received a call the next day (Tuesday)to schedule an interview with the Store Manager. Interviewed with the Store Manger on Wednesday. Next day I was called to come in for a drug test. Offered the job the next day. It took 5 or 6 business days for the whole process. I walked away from the interview process with the feeling that this store really does care about it's employees.

Interview Questions
    • No answer is difficult to me. I just sometimes need a moment to recall situations pertaining to the question.   Answer Question
    They offered me a fair wage.

Department Manager Interview

the hiring process was fast, one interview straight forward basic questions, situational interview. no negotiation on salary, 2 person interview. hiring process took about 3 weeks, call and bug them to get an interview..

none

Contact Agent Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2014.

applied online
    2weeks later received call from recruiter spoke about my resume briefly. Set up in person interview for 2 weeks out. In person interview was with management from New Mexico which were very nice.
    Interview questions were very detailed. Specific situations are required. Interview time lasted maybe an hour. Received a offer a week later. Pending background and drug test!

Interview Questions
    yes based off experience!

Pro Sales Specialist Interview

Must submit all job applications through the web site. A follow up with the local store would help. Your application is reviewed above the store level then sent to management for review. After the review you will be called in for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at a task and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Was very simple and methodical. All interviewees were asked exact same questions. I was an in eternal candidate for the position and it seemed we knew who was getting the job before it was ever announced

Interview Questions
    • Question were all relatively simple. Many situation based and what wouod you do if typequestions   Answer Question
    I told them I could not accept anything less than a base of a certain amount. Their initial off was considerably less than that. I declined it and told them u would stay in my current position. About a week later they returned another off still less. I declined again any their third offer was adequate.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online took a online assessment. Three weeks later got a phone call for an interview. I interviewed a day later. A week later I got a call from HR and got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question
    Salary is really based off how much volume the store does.