Lowe's

751 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

Interview Details – HR department called after about 2 months. Set up interview at the store. Came in for a 45 minute interview with HR manager and store manager. Just basic questions in regards to customer service, personnel, and store procedures. Store manager called me within 3 days to offer me the position.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your a manager who does not agree with the policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $59000 and I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – Applied then received email the following day. Within a week I was scheduled an appointment but when I went the manager wasn't there due to personal reasons. So it was rescheduled and we did an over the phone interview and about a week later I received an email stating they were proceeding with other candidates at this time.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to compromise with another team member to get something done?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Mooresville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview with a recruiter then they brought me on site for an interview with a BA, an Architect, and the recruiter.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. The most difficult was a pseudo code question but it wasn't too hard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An acceptable offer was made. I asked for a sign on bonus and I got about 60% of what I asked for.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Application, Assesment, Panel Interview

Interview Question – All are difficult. You must be able to answer situational questions with HR scenarios.   Answer Question

Department Manager Lowes Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Starts with the call from a recruiter and short interview with that person. After this was put in contact with the store at which the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – I don't feel that there was any difficulty or unexpected questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

Visual Space Planner Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I interviewed but then the position got put on hold, and the process started over again 6 months later once the headcount got approved. I interviewed with 4 different people from the department, plus HR.

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional vacation, and it was denied. No negotiations on vacation.

Receiving/Stocker Interview

Wetumpka, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Company scheduled interview based on application filed on their website.
I arrived at the appointed site, 15-20 minutes EARLY, for the interview and was given a two page written job description I was interviewed by a supervisor and an assistant manager.

Interview Question – A number of the questions were unrelated to the job as described on their documentation, or my work experience as stated on the job app.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Minimum wage position

Cashier - Front End Interview

San Dimas, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and called the store asking to speak to the HR manager. Upon getting a hold of the HR asked if I thy would be available for me to shake their hand and put a face to my application. Two weeks passed and I got a call saying I had a interview the next day. Arrived early in slacks, shirt, tie, and a vest. Interviewed first with the zone manager and that week well. 5 minutes after I spoke to the HR and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your customer service."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR manager offered me 10.24$ which was above my previous job so I accepted immediately. After thinking about it I could have likely received more due to my experience.

Unload Associate Interview

Woodhaven, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Lowe's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours, days I could or couldn't work. Pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Head Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – They do a standardized interview with general questions. Generally there are multiple people who do interviews in sections. They are all "give me a time when..." questions and you can pretty much make something up for every question.

Interview Question – As I've stated before it was all asking to give a time when something happened and how you responded. One example could be "Give me a time when you went out of your way to help a customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Pay is calculated from experience. The HR will input your years of experience in the computer and it will give you the recommended pay. There is really no wavering from what the computer says.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's interview questions and advice. All 751 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.