Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
1,810 Interview Reviews

2.5

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   2 Answers
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbia, SC).

Interview

You must go online and complete a talent management review. Once this is completed you can apply for jobs that become open. Once 3 candidates are chosen from the applicant pool, then interviews begin. After interviews are conducted the candidate that is chosen is offered the job and salary details are discussed at that time

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond to help a customer make a purchase   1 Answer

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two on one interview. ASM and HR manager both present normally but I got the store manager, Situational tell-me-about-a-time-when kind of questions no one really stores the answers to. Those interviewing will not provide feedback on the answers but will prod you if you cant think of something. One can also skip questions if needed. If you pass the first round you go into the second round. Policy wise they have to interview at least three people before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Rate your level of knowledge in the following departments... after you choose your highest area...essentialy then asks how you would sell X in that department to a customer and what kind of add on's you could suggest (more product) and what values you could also sell (credit).   Answer Question

Department Manager Flooring Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Being I was already a Lowes employee it wasn't quite as nerve racking as my initial interview, but a lot of the questions were the same. One question was "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Which is very broad, but if Lowes is your career choice, you should probably include that in your future. Another line of questioning had to do with your ability to handle different situations, especially involving customers. The key that gets you hired for Lowes is how well you do on your interview(s) and very little to do with your knowledge/experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is based on experience and education and benefits are offered for full time employees. Negotiating was easy..didn't have to do much of it.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There was an online application which allowed you to submit a resume and cover letter along with questions on your education and prior work experience. This was followed by an interview with the assistant store manager and store manager asking alternating questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to make a difficult decision with little information.   Answer Question
    • Describe the steps you would take when executing a long term project.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with a manager or peer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interview lasted about 30 min with the HR manager and Store Manager. The asked about 6-7 interview questions. They were all situational questions like Tell me about time.... They read the questions off of a pamphlet. You're scored based on your answers and the interviewee with the best score is the one that "gets the job".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were responsible for ensuring the work of others was accurate and completed successfully.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

First interview is with the human resources manager or assistant store manager. The second interview is with the store manager. Both interviews include the same five questions, which all start as "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Get a call after applying then they do a pre screen then let you know that you have an interview and schedule it. Then interview is about 9 situational questions with HR and manager giving interview alternating questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a specialist who was under performing how would you address the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Interview process was fairly fast being a current employee. The questions they ask you are in my opinion very dumb. I dont agree with the questions cause there are multiple answers and they rate you on it.

Interview Questions

• Personal work experience going above and beyond to help the customer   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The hiring process is a two stage process. First stage is with a human resources associate. They ask you a set of predetermined questions that you must answer. Second step is an interview with the Area Loss Prevention Manager. Same process of being asked a set of questions that you must answer. Finally if hired on you must pass a drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• In previous work experience have you ever had an issue with a fellow employee?   Answer Question