Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014
1,319 Interview Reviews

2.6

College IT Recruitment Interview

Met recruiter at campus event, asked to set up interview. Scheduled skype interview with another recruiter who had no technical knowledge. Entire process was very disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you construct a process flow diagram for making a sandwich?"   Answer Question

Company is completely unorganized.

CSA Interview

I was first contacted and scheduled for an interview over the phone. I was asked questions about how I handled difficult people, what type of experience i had and so forth. I was later called back for an in person interview. Some similar questions were asked and I was told they graded each interview and the highest score would be offered a job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question
    Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

CSA Interview

I walked in they looked at my resume and they hired me. No questions. They did not ask me any questions. They looked at my resume and said I was very qualified.

None.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Took two months from start to finish, the offer process was smooth and timely and negotiating was not needed after offer was accepted. Interview started as phone conversation and then a one on one and then interview panel.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews (was even brought on-site) over the course of 2 months.

Here are my overall thoughts about the company and team interview:

- Company seems like a good place to work (just a little old school).

- The Mooresville campus is gorgeous.

- Heard a lot of "drinking the kool-aid" comments which can be both good or bad.

- The team I interviewed with seemed to be focused more on theories rather than every day practical applications.

- Some of the people interviewing had far less experience and it was obvious when I asked them questions about their jobs/experience.

- The job description was more of a training role rather than ID (they outsource their eLearning development FYI).

- The recruiter was more interested in his phone than me when he was giving me a "tour."

Just make sure you do your homework and ask a TON of questions because some things get lost in translation. It's a decent place to work, just not for me.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. Went in for the interview and was offered the job on the spot. Waited for drug test and background to clear then I was good to go. Computer generated my compensation but it was pretty fair.

Computer generates wage.

Field Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online after a college career fair. Got an email for a phone interview 3 wees after. I had the interview, and a week later I got an email saying they weren't interested.

Any Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

It doesn't matter what you are applying for. They use situational based interview questions and their interview guides are graded accordingly. They use a 1-5 rating for each question. What they are looking for is for you to 1) describe the situation, based on the question they ask you. 2) Describe positive/good behaviors you displayed in your example. 3) Explain in detail the outcome- Always end on a positive.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you use the 3 things from above- SITUATION-BEHAVIOR-OUTCOME   View Answer
    Not happening- Pay based on experience. Best thing you can do is make sure you list all experience during your application. They use software to determine salary and it is based on your resume/application.

Customer Service Associate Interview

It`s the usual Lowes interview with trying to recall a time you went out of your way at a previous job and what was the result? A few days after interview I got called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All Lowes interviews are the same.   Answer Question