Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
1,266 Interview Reviews

2.6

CSA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Two interview, one easy one with HR with very general questions including some "tell me about a time..." type questions, followed by an interview with the dept manager. Depending on the dept manager it will most likely involve how you handle difficult situations with customers.

Fsa Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

The interview is not that hard, but if this is your first interview and you've never had a job before it can be a little difficult . I got through by using experiences from school . The main thing is always be prepared to have more than a two sentence answer for the questions and this is coming from what my boss told me when I asked him what I could do to move up in the company. Oh and remember when they ask you a follow up question on an answer you was struggling with - THINK UP SOMETHING FAST ! They are trying to help you so they can give you a better rating on their paperwork . The main thing is to stay calm and be prepared . Usually if you get an interview you get the job they interviewed you for 70% of the time and you usually get hired the same day. You have to have three interviews with three managers .

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer . " Simple but crucial question. For some it'll be easy for people who've never had a real job before this will be tough ,but just give an honest well thought answer and you;ll be fine ,   Answer Question

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

The questions I was asked would have been for management to handle, not the employee therefore making it extremely hard to say what the interviewees want to hear. I was not prepared for some of the questions and not knowing exactly what they were looking for in my answers. Maybe a second interview would help by different personal in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done before special for a customer? What mistake have you made and how did you correct it?   View Answer

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

I initially applied online for a CSA Front End position and got a call back later that day about coming in for an interview on that position. When I arrived, I could immediately tell it was a professional environment. I shook a few hands and filled out some paperwork and was immediately led back to the conference room where my interview would be conducted. I first interviewed with a assistant customer service manager and then did my second part of the interview with the direct hiring manager. Both interviews lasted about 15-20 minutes long for a grand total of about an hour for the full process. At all times I felt I was in a professional environment and was respectably dealt with. I was very interested in what each of the managers had to say and how they felt about the entire interview process. In the end, I was very satisfied and all of my questions/concerns were answered on the spot in a very professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • "When presented with a new or challenging task, how did you handle it and was the outcome successful or unsuccessful?"   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was simple. The advice I would give is to be as professional and confident as possible. When asked questions, really give specifics and evaluate in the best way possible. Show them you aren't just there for an interview. Show them you are there for the job and interested in becoming an employee ASAP.

Project Coordinador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

Human Resources will personally call to setup interview. Generally, you will have 3 interviews in total. First initial with HR, then two more with 2 members of the Assistant Manager team.

Interview Questions
    I put my requested pay rate and received 10 cents more than what i asked for.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Three Interviews. All pretty easy. The purpose is to show that you are gregarious enoungh to engage customers. Additionally, unlike some retailers, they want you to have some relevant background in home improvement or the products offered at Lowe's.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Two interviews. Doesn't matter is you know anything about what your selling. They expect you to do your job and do the training within 40 hrs. It is just not possible.

Interview Questions
    • So many times it is so under staffed. You are running from from on end of the store to the other all day.   Answer Question

Unload Associate Interview

Got a call about a week after putting in a few applications at the store. Came in, and they said they wanted to interview me for both departments. Went in a room with the HR and Assistant manager. Asked about a time when....:

Worked with a team. How do you go about it.
    Why Lowe's/This Department.
    Time you worked alone or with little supervision.
    Had to sell something.
    Had a difficult customer.
    Couldn't give a customer something you promised.
    Time I was interrupted, and how I dealt with it.
    What attributes are needed for Lowe's/this department.

Was told there would be a final interview within a few days, that they were still doing interviews.
    Got a call two days later and wanted to do the final interview, it was the store manager. Asked a combination of the same questions above. Told me to wait about a week to see if they wanted to do a drug test/background check. Called me a few days later asking for me to come in for the drug test, had to sign a piece of paper and stick something in my mouth for about 10 minutes for the drug test, and was told it would be about a week for the drug test/background check to get back to them, where they will call me if they were okay with what they saw and give me my position.

I will not be accepting it, as I did the process above with 3-4 Lowe's stores during the same week and basically get to pick which store I want to work for, which is not this position/store. But basically the above is the standard procedure for Lowe's. Sometimes there will be only 1 person interviewing, sometimes they want to do 3 interviews, and sometimes they will only give you 1. They will let you know, and just be sure to ask at the end when they ask if you have any questions. ALWAYS ask some kind of question, even if it's as simple as "what does a typical day for this position look like" and/or "What can you tell me about the team I'd be working with?"

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you couldn't give a customer what you promised.   View Answer

Did the process above with multiple stores, and picked the full time position at the distribution center.

Customer Service Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview with HR primarily included a review of a fairly generic job description. This was followed by a sit down with an ASM who asked situational questions off of a form. Later, they did a drug screen via a saliva test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer and how the situation resolved.   Answer Question
    I was told my pay rate was determined by the computer making it entirely democratic. No negotiating.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and roughly two weeks later I received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview was held 5 days after the phone call. It was a structured interview. First interview was with the HR manager, then I waited until the Assistant Store Manager was available to interview me. Both interviews took place the same day.

I asked about pay rate and they said it varies from person to person. They enter in various factors such as education and experience and then notify the candidate of the pay rate if they are given a job offer. The interviews were very basic, included questions such as explain a situation with a difficult customer and how you handled the problem, tell me about a time you sold something to someone, tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it, how do you prioritize at work at your current job, what type of work environment do you prefer, etc. Very basic scenarios from past work or school experiences. They take notes of your responses.

The entire interview process took probably about 30-40 minutes. There were others waiting to be interviewed, however each interview was one on one and I had no group interviews. Both interviewers were very nice and happy to answer any questions.

The next day they called and offered me the job, asked me to come in that day for drug test (cheek swab) and basic paperwork. Scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks after initial interview. The pay I was offered was $9.93/hr for full-time CSA.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just be prepared to tell about past experiences assisting an upset customer or a similar example from school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. As I mentioned in my review, they use a formula to determine an offer. Employment (at least at the location I interviewed) is at-will, so I may leave if I receive a better offer elsewhere.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!