Lowe's

1,241 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Customer Service Associate II

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly quick in my opinion. I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. I was able to do my drug screening and some HR paperwork in the first meeting.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straightforward and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not have to because the offer was more than a large number or other associates.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Appliance Sales Specialist

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – HR called me on the phone did not get an answer then I received a email . interview was with HR and a manager about 12 questions they were very professional. they had me roll play selling them merchandise.. I could tell I impressed them but think the distance I would have to commute was an issue for them..

Interview Question – there really was no unexpected questions..   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

Customer Service Associate IV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

Interview Details – initially very friendly and personable, after that for new position, redundant, after the initial time. The HR Mgr and Store Manager are very down to earth and intelligent people.

Interview Question – name something a customer wanted to purchase that the store didn't carry and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – the hiring and interview process was quick, 3 interviews and drug text.You wait like a month after you pass the interviews. After you are aproved they give an store tour and introduce to all employee.

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Weekend Sales Team
Pensacola, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – It was a pretty straight forward process, I was contacted by HR who then set up an interview. I arrived to the interview with the HR manager on the first day, then I had a second interview with the Assistant Manager, and then last I had an interview with the Store manager.

Interview Question – The hardest question to me was that they all asked similar questions, so as not to repeat myself I had to come up with different scenarios for the same question for each interview.   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Appliance Sales Specialist
Charleston, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2012.

Interview Details – I already worked for Lowes as a part time CSA and the store manager told me to apply. I had worked as a part time associate for over a year at that point and it was well known I wanted to be full time. After I applied I got an interview a week or so later and at the end of my interview they told me I had the job and told me my pay.

Interview Question – Name a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I already worked as a part-time CSA and they told me to apply so I did not turn down their only offer, which was 50% higher than my current wage had been.

Driver Helper Interview

Driver Helper

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – Was quick and easy just asked questions about your job history. You have to tell how you worked at different situations at your past jobs. You have to tell about the best customers and the worste customers you had working retail

Interview Question – Please tell us when you didn't approve of a managers actions and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service/Return Desk Associate Interview

Customer Service/Return Desk Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied on Snag A Job and a week later I was called in for an interview and discussed the pay and when I would have to come in for training. After she gave me a drug test on the spot, a few days later I got a call to come in for training. I trained on a computer, watched videos and answered quizzes for a few days and then put on the floor to officially start. The whole interview process was relaxed and fun. Human Resources and I were joking and laughing and when other employees came into the training room everyone was laughing and joking around. It was nice to see that HR was close to the employees.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Kitchen Designer
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview focused on sales experience. They were looking for your sales skills and your ability to sell them you as an employee. The interviewers knew nothing about design and were not interested in my portfolio probably because they didn't have the ability to read blueprints. Also, there was no computer literacy component to the hiring process - which I later learned was a problem with their current employees.

Interview Question – Name a time a customer was unhappy and what you did to turn the experience to a positive one. They were very interested in giving the customer a great experience even if the customer was not a good customer. If you could demonstrate a superior ability to deal with difficult people you were a contender for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They were authorized to offer an hourly rate and you could take it or leave it. Other benefits like vacation, scheduling, and sick leave were also mandated and not open to negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Mooresville, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Their interviews are a series of "panel interviews". The experience pitted me in multiple 1-hr interviews with 2-4 people on the other side of the table. The questions are mostly focused on your experience and how you handled yourself in various situations. My 1st interview was very negative as multiple interviewers were hostile in their questions. I later learned from another employee that there was political tension around the nature of the position I was applying for. My experience, while stressful difficult to sit through was something that I would doubt others would experience.

Interview Question – Most questions sound like similar variations of, "Tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a competing offer from another company.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!