Lowe's

Updated Nov 17, 2014
1,341 Interview Reviews

2.6

Elecrical Associate Interview

Three week process. Phone interview, face to face and final with store manager. Once you are hired you are on your own. Sink or swim should be the opening topic during their new hire training.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an unethical event you participated in with a former employer. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Submitted application to 2 different stores at end of April- before summer hiring start. Received phone call from both. First HR interviewed me, then store manager. Asked situational questions. Yes, they do a drug test after offering you a position. For seasonal employees I guess they just look to see that you are a decent person who will be available for the time frame. Little interaction with store manager or HR while on the job.

Interview Questions
    Did not receive offer from Store 1, probably because I mentioned I would not be available for entire summer. Received offer from Store 2. Believed I clicked with that manager more.

Manager Interview

It's all about who you know and how well they know you and how much you can b/s your way into a position and pay. Get the advice from friends who actually work there to get a real synopsis of how badly the company works

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

The process began with a phone call from hr the day after submitting my application online. We set up a meeting for a few days later. When I arrived I was greeted by the head of hr and he immediately brought me back to his office. We went through my resume and then he asked situational questions. After I answered each he asked a follow up question in order to get more detail or in this instance I beljeve to throw me off because I had already gone in depth and was extremely specific. Shortly after finishing with him I met with the assistant manager who was very nice and the process was more of the same although he was much more personable and wanted to actually talk and discuss the store and position as well as just shoot the bull. I was called back 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer that could not be consoled.   Answer Question

Customer Sewrvice Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

I submitted an application on-line and followed up by dropping in, the next day, to speak with the HR mgr. I told him that I "just wanted to make sure you got my application, and see if you had any questions about some of my background". He looked taken aback and said he would check on it right then. I waited for several minutes and he returned and asked if I'd be interested in an interview right then.

Interview Questions
    • I was questioned extensively about a previous job that had absolutely no bearing on the position I was applying for. Though not surprised at their interest, I was surprised that there were NO questions about my background pertaining to the job.   Answer Question

Csa Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

The interview process was probably the most difficult I have experienced. I interviewed with the HR Manager and then an Assistant Store Manager, all of which took place in one day. Each interview lasted a half hour. The HR Manager went in depth about the job description and asked about 6 situation-based questions, ex: Tell me about a time when you gave a customer wrong information? What was the outcome? About 5 minutes after the initial interview, I was taken into an office with the ASM. In this portion of the interview I was given the opportunity to "sell myself" and speak on my strengths and why I would be a good fit for the position. She asked about my skills and how they were utilized in previous jobs. The interview with the ASM was a bit more personal; after I spoke about my skills, she went on to asking situation-based questions as well. To conclude the interview, she asked why I chose Lowe's (I would recommend doing research on their site to set yourself apart from other interviewees). I applied online on a Sunday, received a phone call to set up an interview on a Tuesday, interviewed on Wednesday, was contacted by HR Manager that same day and accepted offer; tomorrow (Thursday) I will be going in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a supervisor's message wasn't clear? How did you overcome that situation? What were the results?   Answer Question
    I was prepared to negotiate and ask for more if their offer was below $11/hr, however, that wasn't necessary as they extended an offer that superseded my expectations!

Weekend Sales Team Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

I had an initial interview from a member of the HR team. The same day I had an interview with the head of HR. Within a week I got a call back for an interview with the store manager and an offer was made at that time.

No negotiations. The offer was fair

Outside Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenland, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenland, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

EASY Had no problem getting a job with lowes worked outside in all kinds of weather the inter veiw was easy easy to talk to management and employees trained you well

EASY

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Applied, took them 2 weeks to call. I had a consultation with the HR who then told me I would have a phone interview on a certain day with her, then a second with my HR, possible new DH and ASM. She called at exactly 12:30 like she said. I answered questions, then she scheduled the second phone interview with my ASM and DH. They called 3 days later. I had 2 job offers for 2 different stores and decided to accept this one.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when a customer became angry. How did you handle the situation? Give an example of a time when you were asked to complete something that required multiple tasks. Give an example of a time when a manager asked you to do something and you were unsure of your responsibilities.Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    I had a phone interview (I lived in another state) and I accepted and we did the payroll estimator over the phone.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call to come in for a interview the following day. Unfortunately, I was about 10 minutes late. The interview was okay. Standard Customer Service situation questions. But I was pretty nervous.The questions were purely situational and they wanted you to be very specific. "Name a time when..." things like that. Be very specific.