Lowe's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,245 interviews

2.6

Online Traffic Manager Interview

I had an initial phone interview, then had on site interview with panel of about 6 other managers that I would be working with. The position was new and not very defined so most of the questions were general information about how I manage people and processes. The entire process took about 3 weeks and they were very flexible with my start date.

Interview Questions
    There's not much negotiating of salary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

I interviewed with a regular department manager and then was sent over to talk with the store manager. The department managers were very friendly and professional people, that all seemed to come from the Fort Wayne, IN area. After the initial interview type questions, we simply spoke of their time here in South Bend, IN, and how exciting it was to be part of a new stores beginning. Then when the store manager was done with his previous interview, I was then passed over to his table so that he could speak with me regarding his expectations for the employees and the store.

Interview Questions
    • I was very surprised by how in sync I was with the store manager about the philosophy about customer service. We both agreed that being cordial and friendly to people was a state of mind, and that customer service is good for the soul. Working daily in a job where you are paid to be nice and helpful to people definitely translates/spills over into the rest of your daily life/demeanor.   View Answer
    There was not a negotiation. They were hiring at a certain rate for the store before it opened and I was happy to be a part of the store's beginning.

Pro Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Matamoras, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matamoras, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

When I was hired it was simple process, but then again that was 8 years ago , it has changed now, its more difficult, there are more questions that need to be answered and trick questions. However they seem to hire people now with no experience because they save money

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever made a mistake, how did you handle it   Answer Question
    simple, they paid me more money and commission at the time, they recruited me from home depot

Pro Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied on line at home. I was called in for a preliminary interview with HR. I was then called back for a second interview with The Sales Manager and Store Manager. I was hired pending a drug test.I had at least 1 full week on computer course training before being on the sales floor.

No salary negotiation

Customer Service Associate II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring process was fairly quick in my opinion. I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. I was able to do my drug screening and some HR paperwork in the first meeting.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straightforward and to the point.   Answer Question
    Did not have to because the offer was more than a large number or other associates.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

HR called me on the phone did not get an answer then I received a email . interview was with HR and a manager about 12 questions they were very professional. they had me roll play selling them merchandise.. I could tell I impressed them but think the distance I would have to commute was an issue for them..

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Lowe's.

the hiring and interview process was quick, 3 interviews and drug text.You wait like a month after you pass the interviews. After you are aproved they give an store tour and introduce to all employee.

Customer Service Associate IV Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

initially very friendly and personable, after that for new position, redundant, after the initial time. The HR Mgr and Store Manager are very down to earth and intelligent people.

Interview Questions
    • name something a customer wanted to purchase that the store didn't carry and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2012.

I already worked for Lowes as a part time CSA and the store manager told me to apply. I had worked as a part time associate for over a year at that point and it was well known I wanted to be full time. After I applied I got an interview a week or so later and at the end of my interview they told me I had the job and told me my pay.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it   View Answer
    I already worked as a part-time CSA and they told me to apply so I did not turn down their only offer, which was 50% higher than my current wage had been.

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lowe's.

It was a pretty straight forward process, I was contacted by HR who then set up an interview. I arrived to the interview with the HR manager on the first day, then I had a second interview with the Assistant Manager, and then last I had an interview with the Store manager.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question to me was that they all asked similar questions, so as not to repeat myself I had to come up with different scenarios for the same question for each interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!