Lowe's Interview Questions

1,472 Interview Reviews

2.6

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

It was during their peak season and they were busy with candidates all day. When it was mine turn I had to interview in the electrical room which was awkward. I had three interviews that day. The first two were with ASMs and the third with the SM. The SM at the time was not very friendly at all. Everything I said he would use against me. I almost turned down the job because of him.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer
    • If we don't give you the schedule you need will you quit?   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Very easy process. They have to go off of a pre-determined form that lists the questions. There is little wiggle room and most of the questions are "tell me about a time..". Not very HR specific at all. It was a an initial phone screen by the Area HR Manager and then a group interview with the area HR and the store manager.

Interview Questions
    Pay well below national average for this position

Customer Service Associate II - Windows and Walls Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Went in for an interview for windows and walls, I did fairly well but on their grading system one of the other two folks interviewed scored slightly above me. They however offered to bring me on in the paint department instead. The whole process took about a week and a half all together. They just utilized my interview scores from the prior interview.

No negotiation except for deciding whether or not I wanted to leave my prior job at Home Depot to move onto lowes. I was offered a set hourly wage based on prior experience. And I was promised to phase into a permanent position once seasonal is over.

Market Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Recruiter reached out to me for 2 over the phone interviews, went to a face to face interview with the Regional Sales Director and the Market Director. Final over the phone interview with the Market Director and the Divsional Sales director

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very scripted and asked for detailed examples of how you handled a particular set of issues. Wee very concerned about my area of residence and the amount of travel involved. While the interviewers stressed the amount of travel involved , they didn't fully consider the amount of time and travel required to make the position successful. The position itself was necessary, however, Lowe's lack of experience in managing true "outside sales" people was evident. The company is filled with "operators " with little to no experience handling outside sales staff. They gave the MSM's no true "powers" instead deferring to inexperience, arrogant store managers   View Answer
    Able to negotiate somewhat, but was woefully underpaid for the position

Outdoor Lawn and Garden Loader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's.

After the online application, I was called in for an interview and went back to the HR managers office where the interview took place. He then took me on a tour of the store.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I applied for a seasonal position with a posted salary. Although, after reviewing my experience I was hired at a rate higher than posted.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaither, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaither, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

A scant few questions dealt with delivery and driving; most applied to in-store selling, customer service, irate customer handling, dishonesty, morality, theft, ethics, etc. HR posted questions and summarized the replies, wrote them into the answer form.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate customer?
      How would you steer a customer towards purchasing a product?
      How would you coax a customer into purchasing one of our products instead of going to the competition?
      How would you deal with customer claims of price-matching?

Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

very self explanatory, typical how would you handle situations and just a get to know you question and it was about 45 minutes long... pretty easy. the manager was very easy going and just straight to the point he was honest and just explained the job title to you and just went over what you would be doing within the job and just made sure this is what you really wanted.

Interview Questions
    • how do you think your past jobs have helped you to get to where you are now?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Very easy and simple process. Applied online. Took a week then got call for a interview. Interview was like 45 minutes, ask questions about different situations, then took a drug test and background check.

Summer Employee Interview

I was a college student at the time, and I wanted a summer job. I met with the HR manager who was very nice, and then I spoke with an assistant store manager. It was mostly behavioral questions, and to see if you were a personable and friendly person. I interviewed with several other people, and they hired maybe two out of the 7 of us.