Lowe's

Updated Jan 22, 2015
1,405 Interview Reviews

2.6

Head Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

The interview questions are the same for every job. You always want to tailor your answers towards what you are interviewing for. That's the trick to getting the job. I've gotten every position I've interviewed for. Don't be afraid to admit times you've made mistakes, but focus more on what you learned than what you messed up.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you have someone the wrong information. What happened and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I did not expect a pay raise, and was very happy when I was offered one.

CSA Interview

Applied online got called in a about a week for a 1 on 1 interview. after the interview you have to take your drug test and then your offered a position based on the test.

Sales Specialist Interview

Online application with standard background and personal information provided. Total of three phone interviews. Typical questions about past experience, qualifications for position applied for, examples of how I handled different situations, resolved conflicts, met challenges. Standard drug testing and background investigation.

Interview Questions
    • Make a sales presentation about a product off the cuff.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer based on corporate guidelines.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Everything that is asked is pretty generic, as they are trying to figure out what you have done, haven't done, and areas that you needed to develop. The key with this is to know your own work history and to be honest with them. If you do that, and are qualified for what you are pursuing, you will have no trouble with this interview.

Csa Front End Interview

Got hired within a week..Stayed for a little over a year even though I would have left sooner but it was hard to find other emplpyers in the retail indudtry who would pay as much. Ended up finding a better job out of retail.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. Ask basic questions like name a time you went above and beyond on a job.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was basically told accept the pay or go someplace else. I accepted the offer bc it wss more than what I was making at my job at the time and I needed that money even if it wasnt too much more. Starting pay is good n well above min wage but it is not enough if you have a family or adult bills and student loans. Better for high school seniors or college student who wants the extra spending money.

Cashier - Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Only did one interview, half was with HR personal and the other half with department manager went very quickly only about 30 minutes all together. But had to wait almost 30 minutes past my scheduled time to be there because HR Personal was on the phone. Customer service had to go back to HR personal twice to remind them that I was there for my interview.

Interview Questions
    • None really they asked the normal questions as what makes you qualified to do this job? And tell us about a difficult experience you had with a customer and how were you able to resolve it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

interview question are bold and bias, depending if the HR and Store manager like your response. Problem solving question, leadership, situations in direction and advice. Turnover is high / HR must interview at least 3 individuals for the position / HR interview is review by grade point system. 1-5 5 being the best. Pay rate is submitted to pay scale system and HR.

low pay salary / 50 plus hours per week / more during holidays

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring process at the Lowe's I worked at was a long drawn out affair. It took five to six months to finally get hired. There were about four face to face interviews with three different people, which included some very open ended questions covering a very wide range. From prior work experience to personal areas.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst mistake you've ever made.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Plumbing Interview

Initial contact was difficult, HR employee would call and leave a message but I could never reach her by return call and there was no voice mail system to leave her a message. I could only leave my name and number with the front desk and hope that they let her know I had returned her call.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a make believe role play to sell a make believe customer a fictional product   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I had one interview after the online assessments- both interviews were very nice, but the process itself is a bit nerve racking. Having 2 people ask you questions and feel you out makes for somewhat of an awkward experience.

Interview Questions
    • How can you drive sales and special orders to your department (electrical)?   View Answer