Lowe's

1,224 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier - Front End Interview

Cashier - Front End

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – They start off by introducing themselves. They ask about your job experience. The questions are the same no matter which department you are applying for. Mostly, it's about how you handle bad situations and how good you are at managing customers. They are "Tell me about a time when" questions. Then the interview is over. If you're selected, there is normally a second interview with a manager. Then you get an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you couldn't give a customer something you promised them.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Bryan, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – A week after I completed my application I was called for an interview and scheduled it for the next day. I came in and was interviewed by a lady in HR and then immediately after I was interviewed by one of the Assistant Store Managers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Lowes?   Answer Question

Department Manager - Customer Service Interview

Department Manager - Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR Manager rather quickly, (less than a week). Set up an interview the following week. Interviewed and did very well. You interview with your own zone specific manager. Original offer was 16.25 and didnt accept. After an hour they called back and offered much more and I accepted. Went back for my drug test and background check the same day. Started the following 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing too challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on my experience it defaulted my pay to $16.25 and I declined however they were able to offer me $2.50 more.

Install Sales Coordinator Interview

Install Sales Coordinator
Plainville, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

Interview Details – They went through their suggested interview questions first such as describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer. Explain a situation when you had to take criticism and change something you were doing around it. Was a quick turnaround between initial application and a job offer.

Interview Question – The hardest question was what skills does somebody need to possess to be able to excel in this position.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – structured to a fault. If you are competent and you get to the interview point you should be good. I do think that your chances as an outside candidate are lower due to the experiences needed as an insider to score higher on the questions.

Interview Question – tell us about a time when you where not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – here is the offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed not enough people applied for positions. Need to wait for more people to apply for the position.
I applied for many interviews. I currently work part-time and need a full time position. But I am not getting the jobs because other people are doing the interviews better than me.

Interview Question – The questions are hard. I interviewed for 4 positions within Lowe's within the last year. Can't get the job because my interview skills suck.   View Answer

Barboursville, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – After an on-line application I was contacted by phone to perform and interview as well as a drug test, <This is mailed to a 3rd party for testing> At the point of the Drug Test returning Negative then was offered a seasonal job.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating Lowes offers an amount based upon prior experience.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Kitchen Designer
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got an interview with the HR woman and she informed me I got the job on the spot. But it took her TWO WEEKS to call and schedule my drug test, I ended up calling myself and reminding her I needed to have it done. She is extremely unorganized.

Interview Question – They ask generalized, common interview questions. Nothing super complicated.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She told me what the corporate office was offering, I didn't argue about it.

Sales Specialist - OPE Interview

Sales Specialist - OPE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call from Hr for an interview came in was asked 12 questions Star format. One week still waiting to hear back. All questions were asked by Hr. I feel the interview had nothing to do with the position. Hr was basically acting like they knew who they wanted to hire before interviewing me.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chester, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was somewhat fast and stream lined. First there was an appointment for an interview set up by the HR person. Then that interview included questions asking for verbal examples of past situations on a previous job where by you helped a customer or solved a problem for a person in a retail setting. other questions were of a similar fashion asking you to tell of your experiences or situations where you helped or resolved or reported a situation to a manager where necessary. Then a manager comes in and basically asks you some very similar questions during that same visit. All this while taking note of your responses.

Interview Question – What would you do if you noticed a fellow employee not doing what was expected of him or her? Visa vie reporting that person to management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating. An offer of hourly wage and training start date was about it.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!