Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015
1,645 Interview Reviews

2.5

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   2 Answers
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

2 step process pretty straight forward and easy. Set up an interview over the phone with the hr. Then you interview with the asm of your department, he's going to ask you personality based questions nothing to hard. Then an interview with the hr he will ask you some more personality based question. The interview is based on a points system generated by lowes so answer the question fully and in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and fellow management had a disagreement and how you felt with the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Easy; behavioral questions, the manager who conducted the interview was very nice and polite. She didn't try to trick me. I met with 2 managers during the interview, and each asked a series of behavioral interview questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where.... A customer asks a question about an item you are not familiar with....   Answer Question

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied through the website and got a call from HR months later. I didn't even remember applying but accepted the interview. I'm guessing I was on a list and finally got picked. The actual interview took place in the HR office with the store manager and was quite relaxed but still formal. A few days later I got a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the last time you helped someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

7 question situational format I.e what would you do if..., or tell me about a time when.... read Ken Blanchard's situational leadership, it will help a lot for interviews

Interview Questions

• Learn situational leadership by Ken Blanchard, to be successful in Lowe's interviews   Answer Question

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

This interview process was simple and straight-forward. I went there to shop for an item and noticed a large banner that the Chamblee, GA location was hiring and I applied. I received a callback from HR asking if I could come in and I did. I interviewed with two managers, one at a time. They asked a couple of behavior-style questions which I related to past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lowe's?
      Type of experience?
      Availability?
      Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer?
      Describe a time when you had an angry customer?

Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There was a series of behavioral based questions conducted in two interviews. The first interview was with the HR manager and the second interview was with an assistant store manager.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are pre scripted behavior. Such as, tell me about a time you.......   Answer Question

Sales Prep Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very kind and easy going, HR basically just told me about what the job was like and asked me if I was still interested. Explained that it would probably lead to a full time job at the end of the season.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Situational/behavioral, Make sure you have a beginning, middle and end to your examples. Be specific with details. Remember they do not know you or your previous company. Explain as though they have no idea what you are talking about. They are looking for how you handle specific situations and what kind of pressure it brings to you. You can pause and take a minute to reflect to find a situation that fits the question.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX).

Interview

They want to know what happened, what did you do, and what was the outcome. It's a very easy interview process. Nothing to get upset about. it's very fast but easy to do. There will be the Area HR and the store Manager at the interview. Somebody may call to do a phone screen but it just depends.

Interview Questions

• I think it was something about meeting deadlines.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. The offer is what the offer is.