Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,279 Interview Reviews

2.6

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

I was called two weeks after completing an online application and assessment for several positions at Lowe's. The HR Manager called me to setup the interview; I interviewed with the HR Manager and Store Manager that week. The interview consisted of standard behavioral questions associated with the position you are applying for at that location. Use the STAR process to answer the questions; be honest, consistent, and confident.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had conflicting priorities between your manager, a customer and or the company?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary based on my experience and education.

Sales Associate Interview

Meet with HR then Store Manager, interview not to intense, had previous experience with similar company. Manger was friendly non-aggressive. Assistant manager part was not so easy she was not friendly could not seem to answer her questions the way she wanted.

CC Sales Agent Interview

Applied online. Recruiter called within a week to set up an interview. The process was very easy and provided quick turnaround for placement. The recruiter was very flexible with positions available and provided a discussion of my options over the phone. Took around 5 weeks from phone call to training.

Interview Questions
    • I had to sell myself to Lowe's. "Why would I be stupid to let you walk out of here and not hire you?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Horrible. They told me it was not necessary for me to dress formal (I had a dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie). I guess they never cared about people looking nice for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me the same questions that were on the online form. Very lazy in my opinion.   Answer Question

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

You fill out an app online, you get a call from the store's HR manager. You then go into the interview and are asked questions about how you work with others and how good you are at customer service. Once hired, you spend multiple days glued to a computer screen learning about how not to be a bad employee as well as go through an orientation

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you messed up and realized so afterward?   Answer Question
    Fluff past work experience as much as possible to get the best pay rate possible.

Cashier Interview

Interviewed by hr manager and assistant store manager. Asked to reference specific work scenarios and experiences. Similar questions by both interviewers. In most cases both interviews are conducted on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went beyond your job description for a customer.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's.

Extremely long interview process. Over 3 phone interviews and 3 on location interviews. Never really discussed the position only continued to ask me required company questions about past bad experiences in the work place and how I resolved them. They portrayed Lowe's has having a lot of internal strife and lack of excepting new technology and ways of thinking. I was impressed with their campus but the people I met who worked there didn't seem happy or content.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a choice, would you chose to have your projects changed on a daily basis with a short notice with an end of day timeline or, not being able to get the needed answers to successfully meet the end of day timelines?   View Answer

Due to the 2 month interview process, I excepted another position. I also didn't feel like it was a very positive environment. They can't seem to be able to make a decision and run with it.

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmville, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Put in for job and about 3 weeks later HR contacted me to set up interview. after the interview it was about a week before I heard if I got the job or not. I had gotten the job so I had to come in for an oral drug test, which was sent off and I had to wait another week to actually start work. The whole process was about 5 weeks long.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work with someone as a team to meat a goal. What was the task, how did you go about it, and what was the end result?
      Name a time when you were tasked with a job where you had little supervision.What was the task, how did you go about it, and what was the end result?
      Name a time where you gave a customer the wrong information. What was the situation, and how did you correct it?
      Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the situation, and how did you correct it?
      Name a time when your manager disregarded a idea or job you did?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was told what they would offered and I could take it or leave it.

Pro Sales Specialest Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interviewed twice. Applied online. Was asked detailed questions, but was fairly easy.
    Most were about how I might handle certain situations. Think back to a time in the past......
    What would you do if...

Interview Questions
    • Think back to a time when you had an angry customer.   View Answer

CSA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Two interview, one easy one with HR with very general questions including some "tell me about a time..." type questions, followed by an interview with the dept manager. Depending on the dept manager it will most likely involve how you handle difficult situations with customers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!