Lowe's

Updated Dec 21, 2014
1,373 Interview Reviews

2.6

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

You will be called in and asked several questions about scenario's you have faced in past jobs or life experiences. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and be honest. They want to know that you will not flip out on customers or employees. It's actually more difficult to mess up these questions than pass them, you just need to give reasonable answers and think before you speak.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the strongest candidate? It doesn't sound difficult but if you're not prepared to analyze yourself and competition without meeting them or being judgmental it can be hard to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The computer generates a compensation rate based on the store's current success.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in December 2014.

Initial email contact from recruiter, phone screen, 90 minute Skype interview with hiring managers and senior systems engineers. Scheduling onsite interview.
    behavioral/situational questions by hiring managers. Technical knowledge questions, followed by asking questions to one hiring manager.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online in January when they do most of their hiring. I got a call back a 2 days later. I had 3 interviews one with the HR director the second with the department manager and the third with another manager. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • They ask all questions pertaining to your position. It's not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Cashier II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Presque Isle, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Presque Isle, ME

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

Went through first interview they were 15min late so me arriving 15min early was not the best. Second interview I had and after I was promised a call whether I was to get the job or not. They were very friendly and laid back. They were looking for a handful of folks people leaving for harvest break better pay/hours. Only experience I had was 3 months I think they were looking for more experience at the time

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Routine..Have you ever had this or that happen how did you deal with it   View Answer

Contact Agent Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2014.

applied online
    2weeks later received call from recruiter spoke about my resume briefly. Set up in person interview for 2 weeks out. In person interview was with management from New Mexico which were very nice.
    Interview questions were very detailed. Specific situations are required. Interview time lasted maybe an hour. Received a offer a week later. Pending background and drug test!

Interview Questions
    yes based off experience!

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

They asked the basic questions...
    What is your greatest weakness
    How do you respond to conflict
    In your own words, how do you define leadership
    Why do you want to work here

Glass door is now making me write more words. I really don't feel like it. This could be a great tool but... Im using this to research a company I am going to apply to work for.

To be honest. Please, Please, Please. If you really have to research informations for a retail job at Lowes, you might need to ask yourself what the heck are you doing.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was yelling at you, what would you do   View Answer
    no negotiations

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview with HR and then a manager. Fast and easy interviews but the wait can be long if you're scheduled to interview at the same time as others. The interview basically consists of just answering 5-8 questions from each interviewer. You're graded on your replies and the people with the highest scores get hired.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are personal experience based. Tell me about a time when you...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Recieved a call a few days after I submitted the application. Then went in for the interview talked with hr then a manager. Was offered the job as long as the oral drug test and background check were good.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a variety of scenario questions about previous jobs.   View Answer
    I didnt really negotiate I was paid more than expected and offered the right amount of hours with school.

Seasonal FT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

The interview is situational and they score your answers as of now in 2014. I was a rehire, and it's different then it was back in 2005 where the interview was more old school classic. Highlight yourself above working in a team, but also come off as a team player. They want to know what you would do in a given situation, not what your study group did to be ready for tests.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and then tell me how you corrected that mistake.   View Answer
    You can't nigotiate. They make an offer you except or decline. I took 10.28 to start as seasonal and was offered PT three months later at 12.26.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Applications were online through the company's website. A multiple choice online assessment is taken upon filling out an application, the questions in which will determine weather or not you will be called for an interview. It took a long time for an initial response from the company, but they were having issues with their HR at the time. The HR executive who interviewed me was friendly, personable, and laughed a lot. The Assistant Store Manager who did the second interview was a bit more serious, but was still professional, at the end of the interview he spoke to me as though I already had the job. I dressed business casual, a long-sleeve button down shirt and khaki pants, which was not mentioned aside from when the HR lady pointed out that it was acceptable work attire.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a grab bag of typical retail behavioral questions, all of which are "Name a time when..." (e.g. Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.) If you have done retail interviews before they should be easy to answer.
      If you have not been through one of these types of interviews before or have failed it, the idea is to tell a story for each question, with a:

beginning (what was the situation?)
      middle (What did you do?)
      and end (What was the result?)
      It is important to have a few situations in your head ahead of time to refer to where you may have had to fix a mistake or help someone, that ultimately worked out in your favor. If you have a few situations ready, you can stretch them to fit an unexpected question.

Answer Question
    Be sure that if you have retail experience that you don't put too low a wage on your application for desired pay, previous retail experience will get you a few dollars more an hour than other job experience. (I was making $2.00 over what others who were hired at the same time as me did.)
    The company pays over minimum wage for new to sales employees, but wages can not be negotiated.