Lowe's

Updated Nov 19, 2014
1,346 Interview Reviews

2.6

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call to come in for a interview the following day. Unfortunately, I was about 10 minutes late. The interview was okay. Standard Customer Service situation questions. But I was pretty nervous.The questions were purely situational and they wanted you to be very specific. "Name a time when..." things like that. Be very specific.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

I applied online and they called me in for an interview, it was a 2 part interview each had about 7 questions and they were done on the same day, some questions in part 2 were difficult but mostly easy, all about past experiences and how you handled certain situations. It was a good experience overall they got back to me the next day with an answer and they had me come in again to sign the paperwork and do a drug test and all that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did a mistake on a job, how did you handle the situation, what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave an idea at work but it was rejected by your manager/teacher and why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty understanding what you were being told, how did you deal with the situation, what happened. (it could be with a mute/deaf person or a foreigner who speaks another language)   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Submitted online application. About a week later, got called for an interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. Everyone there seemed to have a good repoire, very friendly and relaxed process. Interviewed in early afternoon and received an offer that night. The interview questions are all behavioral--very little focused on job history.

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service?   View Answer
    • Why would you be a good department manager/what experiences do you have that make you qualified?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solved a difficult customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • Can you perform the job functions (after you read job description).   Answer Question
    • How do you retain employees and motivate staff?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was more than I anticipated. They have a lot of benefits plus it's hourly, so there is work-life balance.

Receiver/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

The interview was rushed and mechanical. Meaning that their was no asking what i did for a former job or for school(as i am in college.) The interviewer was a half an hour late starting and received no apology. Most of the questions had NOTHING to do with the position i applied for. Since when does a receiver/stocker upsell a product WHEN THE STORE IS CLOSED(as that is when i would be working?) That made no sense. Also three interviews for a stocking position is a little excessive. ALSO cannot leave store for break (even through fire exit.) I doubt that is legal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Interview took about 90 minutes. 12 to 14 questions. 6 by HR and 6-8 by Asst. Manager. Company structured questions so all candidates get same questions. All questions dealt with customer services, relations or mistakes you made and how you fixed the issues.
    Informal setting and relaxed. Life experiences helpful.

College IT Recruitment Interview

Met recruiter at campus event, asked to set up interview. Scheduled skype interview with another recruiter who had no technical knowledge. Entire process was very disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you construct a process flow diagram for making a sandwich?"   Answer Question

Company is completely unorganized.

CSA Interview

I was first contacted and scheduled for an interview over the phone. I was asked questions about how I handled difficult people, what type of experience i had and so forth. I was later called back for an in person interview. Some similar questions were asked and I was told they graded each interview and the highest score would be offered a job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Apply online. If you are a fit the computer will spit out an interview for you. Contact the HR rep at the store you want to work in if you want to show initiative and get the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you have dealt with people in any business you should be able to handle the questions. If you get hung up on questions about how to react to predictable sales-oriented positions then you probably don't have the experience or maturity for the position. Don't take it to heart... you might not be a good fit for the profiled skills required.   Answer Question
    Salary is calculated by software. HR did everything they could to help maximize the result before the offer. They had my best interest in advance of hiring me! Unheard of.

CSA Interview

I walked in they looked at my resume and they hired me. No questions. They did not ask me any questions. They looked at my resume and said I was very qualified.

None.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Took two months from start to finish, the offer process was smooth and timely and negotiating was not needed after offer was accepted. Interview started as phone conversation and then a one on one and then interview panel.