Lowe's

749 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSA Interview

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – Part-time, no bonuses. Basically they want to make sure you work hard and can keep your cool under stressful situations. Also, that you are not a criminal or plan to steal.

Interview Question – Gave me a scenario, then asked what an ethical solution would be.   Answer Question

CSA Front End Interview

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in January 2014. The online application was long, consisting of both a personality and a skills test. Three weeks later in March, I received a call to schedule an interview, which I made for the next week. I dressed business casual for the interview (nice slacks, shoes, button-up). I arrived 15 minutes early and was told that someone would be with me shortly. I watched the HR ladies running around for the next 20 minutes because they were busy with 10 other new hires. Finally, I was taken to a small room to speak with one of the HR women. The room was noisy due to its location to another room that was packed with the new hires. I was asked to fill out an availability form, which stated at the top that Lowes requires open availability. She informed me that the position I was applying for was a full-time permanent position (I had applied for a seasonal position as well). I filled out some more paperwork. Afterwards, she asked me 6 questions that were in the "Name a time when..." format. She told me that I was being graded on a scale of 1-4 to see how well I answered STAR-formatted questions. She was very personable; however, the whole atmosphere was unprofessional because people were coming in and out of the room while I was interviewing. She apologized but I feel like that affected my performance a bit. Next, I was taken to a room to interview with a department manager. He was unassuming and seemed disinterested with his role as an interviewer. He asked me 6 "Name a time when..." questions, a couple of which were similar to the ones the HR woman had previously asked. He hurriedly scribbled down my answers. He asked if I had any questions for him and I answered "Yes, are there any gaps in my qualifications that would prevent me from performing well in this position?" And he responded without hesitation "No. I think you did great!" Shook his hand and was told that I'd receive a call within a few days. An hour after leaving the interview, I received a call asking if I could come in to interview with the store manager. Two days later, I found myself sitting in the store manager's office. He opened with "Tell me about yourself". He then proceeded to ask "Why Lowes?" and "Where do you see yourself in a few years?" We talked briefly about my educational history and then he told me what the position would entail. I was offered a wage, which was higher than expected, so I accepted. I was taken immediately to fill out additional paperwork to consent to a background check and drug screen(which was a swab test that took 10 minutes). Today was orientation, which occurred a week after the drug screen. Orientation lasted an hour and a half and consisted of filling out more paperwork, meeting other new hires, and taking a tour of the building. Computer training begins next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to remember a lot of details to perform a task. How did you handle it?   View Answer
  • What three things make a great retail environment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the pay because I was offered something that was higher than expected. I regret this and wish I had tried to squeeze out a bit more. Always negotiate! You never know how much the company would be willing to put out for you.

Inside/Outside Lawn and Garden (Seasonal) Interview

South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application around 3pm on Monday night and recieved a call for an interview about 30 minutes later. We set up the interview for the next day. I was first interviewed by an HR manager, it we pretty well. I was then told I would interview with the store manager that day. I waited around for about 30 minutes as they were conducting a load of other interviews that day. The interview with the store manager was pretty much the same STAR type questions. Both interviews went very well, they were very personable. They told me I would hear from them in 3-5 days. I got a call 2 days later offering me a position. I go in tomorrow (back to the store) to do my drug test and I was also told the background check takes an additional 3-5 days.

Interview Question – Pretty easy questions. They follow the STAR method. "Name a time when...."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but pay is above minimum wage.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took assessment received a call within two weeks. Set up an interview with HR Director and store manager. Interview was around 2 hours long. Questions seemed for corporate HR and does not relate to smaller locations. Interview is not personable and managers give no indication of your success or failure. Job offer is based solely on how well you do in the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a policy you implemented?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Flower Mound, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – HR manager called me three days after filling out the application online. I came in the following day, and he asked me some "Tell me about a time when you. . . " questions. After that, he asked me to come in the following day. I met with the manager and he essentially asked the same questions. The drug test was done at the time of the second interview. They called me four days later and asked me to come in and sign the paperwork.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They type in your qualifications and receive a pre-determined hourly rate based on your experience.

Head Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – They explain everything and they answer questions you may have happily.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you did something wrong on the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy going people

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Pico Rivera, CA

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – I had two interviews in one day. First interview with the Human Resources associate. Second with the store manager. It took a week or so for a call back, and I was told I got the job.

Interview Question – I honestly can't remember. The questions were pretty simple. I had never worked customer service let alone a hardware store so I didn't have experience in those departments.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – After applying it took 3 weeks to receive a call for interview. Everything posted on here is correct. Be prepared for random people coming in and out, being around you during the interview process. Be prepared for many situational questions. Ultimately, they want to verify you're a team player and not a jerk to people. They want to hear stories about your success and but also ask for times that you have failed.

Interview Questions

Sale Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – One interview following by offer. Then drug and background check

Interview Question – All situational questions during interview. Be prepared to answer questions to hypothetical questions using examples from past work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – First- Phone Screen
Second- In-person with HR manager
Third- In-person with assistant store manager
Fourth- Background and drug test if you pass the interviews

Interview Question – Just be prepared to answer situational questions. Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? ... etc   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's