Lowe's

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,439 Interview Reviews

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online then after a week recruiter called me and did basic screening. A month later they scheduled online interview and the at last stage on campus visit to meet other team members. Interview process is very interactive and while scheduling interview at various stages they are very flexible.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked questions about core java, database query and query performance related questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

the usual... have been on the other side of the same questions as a manager. Typical confirmation of availability and past experience. Then the usual questions from a very typical interview guide

Interview Questions
    • About handling customer issues, etc. Previous experience in dealing with difficult situations or customers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I did an application online and within 3 days I was called for an interview. It was actually a pretty easy interview being that I was kinda nervous. I had actually used this review to study questions and answers, so I felt pretty good about myself after answering all of her questions. About 7 of the questions were behavioral, 2 were about myself, and maybe 1 about the company itself. She let me know I had a very good chance at the position being I was very qualified and asked me if I could bring positivity to the company because that's what they are looking for in an employee at Lowe's. She then handed me a couple sheets to read over that told me about the limitations of the job and everything that would be expected of me. She explained that if I got a callback that by entering in my qualifications and stipulations of the job, their systematic computer system would offer me a pay rate when I come back in to complete the 2nd part of the interview. She told me that if she hasn't gave me a call within three days to call her after 3 by that following Monday. Needless to say, I heard from her the exact same day as interview and she offered me the job. The job was a seasonal outdoor lawn and garden job, customer service associate, so she let me know a little bit more about the reasoning of the hired position being considered as seasonal, until after about 4 months if they are satisfied with my employment and work ethic, they will be able to offer me something fulltime with the company. This is actually good for me too so that I will be able to make a decision also, and have time to think about all the perks and benefits that come along with being a fulltime Lowe's employee. She also stated that in the near future after a set amount of days, if I am hired on career wise with the company, I will be able to take part in a possible pay increase, and if I want to try out a different position, say with air conditioning, then there's a possibility I could go to a different department as well. I went in 3 days later for my drug test, which was a swab test that they send off to a lab. She did my background check and had me sign and initial a few things, and made copies of all my needed documents. We then went over my pay scale, and then she told me as soon as they receive my lab work back, I will be called in for orientation, which she was hoping she would have that started within about a week and a half. She let me know on that Monday, if she had not called me by Wednesday of the next week to give her a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to work on a project and it didn't go as planned?   View Answer
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond to help somebody?   View Answer
    • Can you bring positivity to the workplace and why do you think that we should hire you?   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I got a call to come into an interview the same day I applied. Spring is hiring season at home improvement stores. But unfortunately that means most of the positions are seasonal. I interviewed with HR, and they were very nice. There were about 5 questions that were asked about past experiences. You don't need to know anything about home improvement/hardware to be a cashier here, all they want is people to be friendly! They offered to pay me between $9.50-$10 an hour, and said that I could work up to 40 hours a week during busy weeks. It's great pay for the amount of work, but I declined because I wanted something long term and steady.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time on the job when you did something un-safe.   View Answer

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I applied online, then the next day I was called in for an interview. I was interviewed by two people. From a HR personal and the front end manager. The interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a series of questions about pass work incidents that I've been in. How did I solved it or tell how the end results where.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

The process is quite simple. They go through your app and questionnaire electronically. Then if you make it through that you will get a call from a human resources person asking you for an interview. From there they will set you up a time and place for said interview. That's when you let your charm loose.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of "tell me a situation when ________ happened." A lot of life and work situations. Pretty simple stuff.   View Answer

Base Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I had Applied online for the base agent position. it took about three weeks when i was contacted and invited in for an interview. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth! Two days later i was called and offered the position!!!

Plumbing Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

Interview was basic. They have a new interview process that asked a couple more questions than usual. All and all it was very pleasant and took about 15 minutes. Went back 2 days later to take mouth swab test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you had to deal with a customer that was unhappy with a product and what did you do to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Unload Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

Applied online and took the assessment, Got a call a week later By Hr Manager for Interview. Aced interview situation type ?'s. Easy because I was just recently let go from Orange Box. Next day second interview with Asst. Manager same type but we talked a lot about the industry but stayed on topic. He let me know a Dept. Manager Position was newly available and that I should be getting a call back from Hr. Manager in a few days. Still had other interviews to finish. Still waiting after a week now......

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had promised a customer something but didn't have it. What was it about and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Was a pain to do the on-line app. It was long and boring. Had a math test just to work in stock and they don't tell you the pay before hand.