Lowe's

2.6

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lowe's.

Even as a current associate you must apply for any openings that you are interested in . If chosen you will go through the interview process just as someone off the street would . The interview is a series of 10 questions, most of them situational , " Tell me about a time " or " What would you do to ". They are looking for DETAILED answers and thorough responses. Take your time, it can be intimidating with the store manager and HR manager both taking notes . Make sure to do some research and have some questions of your own to ask them .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between two associates.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you if you had a Sales Specialist that was struggling to make their sales goal   Answer Question
    • What steps would you take to gain trust and respect from your associates   Answer Question
    Pending

Paint Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Hiring process is normal, they ask the same questions that most employers do. drug testing is quick and easy, and I have had a very chaotic schedule that they have been generous enough to change a few times to meet my availability needs.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

You will be called in and asked several questions about scenario's you have faced in past jobs or life experiences. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and be honest. They want to know that you will not flip out on customers or employees. It's actually more difficult to mess up these questions than pass them, you just need to give reasonable answers and think before you speak.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the strongest candidate? It doesn't sound difficult but if you're not prepared to analyze yourself and competition without meeting them or being judgmental it can be hard to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The computer generates a compensation rate based on the store's current success.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online in January when they do most of their hiring. I got a call back a 2 days later. I had 3 interviews one with the HR director the second with the department manager and the third with another manager. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • They ask all questions pertaining to your position. It's not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

I first met with some Lowe's representatives at a jobs fair for veterans. They recommended that I apply online, then I had to complete 2 online questionnaires. One of the online questionnaires was timed and I believe its main purpose was to see how you perform under pressure since there were too many questions to complete in the time limit (I was going as fast as I could as well). After that, there was a phone screen and then an on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • It's difficult for me to remember any difficult questions and I believe this is because they were all standard behavioral questions that you would expect. The one thing that did somewhat throw me off guard was that the interviewer began in an informal/conversational manner and then began with the scripted interview questions. Everything was standard.   Answer Question

The job paid $14.04/hr and I received a better offer. However, everyone I met associate with Lowe's seemed to love it there and this almost made me second guess my decision-I only declined because of the money.

Seasonal Retail Floor Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

A mass interview for the Spring seasonal hiring. I want to say that about fifty people were interviewing for maybe thirty store wide jobs. I had worked at a home center before, so I was fairly calm and the company was fairly nice during the interview process. It was run well for a mass interview.

I was one on one with the store manager in his office. I should have held out for more, but we all make mistakes.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

They asked the basic questions...
    What is your greatest weakness
    How do you respond to conflict
    In your own words, how do you define leadership
    Why do you want to work here

Glass door is now making me write more words. I really don't feel like it. This could be a great tool but... Im using this to research a company I am going to apply to work for.

To be honest. Please, Please, Please. If you really have to research informations for a retail job at Lowes, you might need to ask yourself what the heck are you doing.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was yelling at you, what would you do   View Answer
    no negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in December 2014.

I first had an interview with the HR manager, she asked situational questions. Mostly about how I dealt with customers at my previous employer. Then I had an interview with the assistant manager, he asked pretty much the same questions. In all they asked between 15-20 questions. They are pretty much easy questions, if you can't think of a particular time of a incident they ask you, just make up an answer.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing I didn't like was that after I was done with my answer she kept asking so what did you do after that, and then what, and then after that happened what happened then. I really wasn't expecting to give super long descriptions of everything.   Answer Question

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carrollton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Carrollton, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

HR called for an interview... made one for 3 days later... showed up met with hr and asm to do interview. Said they needed to do a few more interviews and would let me know if I was chosen.

Interview questions:
    name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?

.On a scale from 1-10 how well do you know depts:
    kitchens
    plumbing
    appliances
    live nursery
    flooring
    Whatever your highest choice was:
    Pick a product from that dept and sell it to me...ie tell me its pros and cons price range how it compares to another product etc.

Name a time when you dealt with an upset customer, how did you handle it?

Name a time when you were interrupted In the middle of a task, how did you respond?

What do you think it takes to do well in this position?

Interview Questions
    • 10.What would you do with any free time you had when the store was not as busy?   Answer Question
    • 9. How do you approach a customer in your dept? How would you ensure that you got all of the relevant information?   Answer Question
    • 8. What do you love about your current position? What would you change?   Answer Question
    • 7. Name a time when a manager asked you to do something and the instructions were unclear. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • 6. Say you suggested an item for a customer and the price was to high? How do you work around this and close the sale?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Process was fast. It was done very professionally. Got a call from the HR management and got scheduled for an interview. The interview was short. Nothing too difficult. Questions on how do you handle difficult situations with peers, customers etc

Interview Questions
    • A time when you could not fulfil a promise, what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable