Lowe's Interview Questions

1,508 Interview Reviews

2.6

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaither, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Gaither, MD).

Interview

A scant few questions dealt with delivery and driving; most applied to in-store selling, customer service, irate customer handling, dishonesty, morality, theft, ethics, etc. HR posted questions and summarized the replies, wrote them into the answer form.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?
      How would you steer a customer towards purchasing a product?
      How would you coax a customer into purchasing one of our products instead of going to the competition?
      How would you deal with customer claims of price-matching?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Gainesville, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal Inside Lawn & Garden Customer Service Associate position on a Wednesday. The application process involved inputting personal information, job history, education, and then followed by availability and a behavioral survey.

Lowe's HR contacted on Friday of the same week and scheduled an interview for the coming Monday.

On Monday, I showed up at Lowe's wearing a dress shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes (always dress like you care). I met with the HR manager. She get all the preliminary information setup for the hiring manager, then the hiring manager came in to conduct the interview. Everything was very laid-back, and all of the staff I met to this point had been very friendly.

I was asked about 8 behavioral questions during the interview, and my hours of availability were checked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an ethical situation that arose in the workplace or during your education. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Store Mgt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with a Market Manager and had a wonderful talk for an hour. He explained the company and layout and was most helpful. I hope to have set the first step forward in getting an opportunity to work for such a strong organization. The interview was on time, direct face to face , and quite enlightening and comfortable.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Very easy and simple process. Applied online. Took a week then got call for a interview. Interview was like 45 minutes, ask questions about different situations, then took a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

very self explanatory, typical how would you handle situations and just a get to know you question and it was about 45 minutes long... pretty easy. the manager was very easy going and just straight to the point he was honest and just explained the job title to you and just went over what you would be doing within the job and just made sure this is what you really wanted.

Interview Questions

• how do you think your past jobs have helped you to get to where you are now?   Answer Question

Summer Employee Interview

Interview

I was a college student at the time, and I wanted a summer job. I met with the HR manager who was very nice, and then I spoke with an assistant store manager. It was mostly behavioral questions, and to see if you were a personable and friendly person. I interviewed with several other people, and they hired maybe two out of the 7 of us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Willow Grove, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and not too many trick questions.....HR person was very nice and easy going....I did not meet with any managers. one interview only....called back for a drug test and fill out paperwork for background test.

Waited for one week for the results to come back and then accepted the job....No benefits until they hire you as a part-time or full time employee.......................

................................

.................................

Interview Questions

• What are your skills? Why do you want to work at Lowe's?? tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Hartsville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I did an application online and within 3 days I was called for an interview. It was actually a pretty easy interview being that I was kinda nervous. I had actually used this review to study questions and answers, so I felt pretty good about myself after answering all of her questions. About 7 of the questions were behavioral, 2 were about myself, and maybe 1 about the company itself. She let me know I had a very good chance at the position being I was very qualified and asked me if I could bring positivity to the company because that's what they are looking for in an employee at Lowe's. She then handed me a couple sheets to read over that told me about the limitations of the job and everything that would be expected of me. She explained that if I got a callback that by entering in my qualifications and stipulations of the job, their systematic computer system would offer me a pay rate when I come back in to complete the 2nd part of the interview. She told me that if she hasn't gave me a call within three days to call her after 3 by that following Monday. Needless to say, I heard from her the exact same day as interview and she offered me the job. The job was a seasonal outdoor lawn and garden job, customer service associate, so she let me know a little bit more about the reasoning of the hired position being considered as seasonal, until after about 4 months if they are satisfied with my employment and work ethic, they will be able to offer me something fulltime with the company. This is actually good for me too so that I will be able to make a decision also, and have time to think about all the perks and benefits that come along with being a fulltime Lowe's employee. She also stated that in the near future after a set amount of days, if I am hired on career wise with the company, I will be able to take part in a possible pay increase, and if I want to try out a different position, say with air conditioning, then there's a possibility I could go to a different department as well. I went in 3 days later for my drug test, which was a swab test that they send off to a lab. She did my background check and had me sign and initial a few things, and made copies of all my needed documents. We then went over my pay scale, and then she told me as soon as they receive my lab work back, I will be called in for orientation, which she was hoping she would have that started within about a week and a half. She let me know on that Monday, if she had not called me by Wednesday of the next week to give her a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work on a project and it didn't go as planned?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond to help somebody?   1 Answer
    • Can you bring positivity to the workplace and why do you think that we should hire you?   1 Answer

Seasonal OSGA CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Lawton, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and professional. The interviewer explained everything to me and was friendly. The interview is the same for everyone so it's really fair when they ask you the questions. If you dont have an experience like the one they ask you try to think about a past experience that is similar.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer if they asked me a question and I didn't know the answer.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Flooring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Dublin, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I am currently employed as a full time CSA. I was called to be pre screened by HR and then interviewed by by the overseeing ASM the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make an important decision on limited or conflicting information? What was the situation? What was the outcome? What was the impact of your decision?   1 Answer