Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015
1,719 Interview Reviews

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in July 2015.

Interview

Typically star behavior questions. They interview 3 candidates for an opening and then grade the interviews after. The best one gets the offer. Expeience in customer service is more desired than real world experience with the products they sell.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Madera, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks to get called for an interview. She asked me 8 questions. I got called the same day about a ob offer. I accepted, now im just waiting on the background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Lawton, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called the very next morning for an interview. The process was comfortable and the questions asked were designed to get the maximum amount of information about the my experience and skills without feeling interrogated. I was told I would receive a call within 5 days to let me know if I needed to come in for the drug test or didn't get the job. I was called the very next day to come in for drug test by that Friday and to ask me if I would accept the job. I went in for the drug test and filled out some paperwork and was told I would be called with the start date. I was called that Monday and given the date to start. Very professional and one of the best interview I have had.

Interview Questions

• What do I, as an employee, bring to their company. How do I handle high levels of stress. How many years customer service I have had. Would I be interested in moving up in the company, as they try to hire internally first with any opening. Was I interested in medical benefits as well as other benefits. Did I have a problem with taking a drug test   Answer Question

CSA Pro Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wasilla, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's (Wasilla, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

About a week or two after I applied I got a call from the HR department and was asked to come in for an interview in a few days. I was asked some questions about my experience and then was asked to wait and interview with the assistant store manger in half an hour. I was asked more about my experience and 9 typical interview questions about customer service, safety, and basic personality traits. Both interviewers were very friendly and made me feel very welcome. I received a final call back a few days later and interviewed with the store manager. Again it was a very positive experience and he was very straightforward and friendly. I received an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was happy with the offer, it exceeded my expectations.

Sales Specialist Pro Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Carbondale, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and very easy. The HRM was extremely friendly and we got along instantly. He was laid back and asked some basic questions you hear at most job interviews. One interview with HRM and he made my offer then and there. You just have to be yourself and realize that the managers and people like you and I. We are more the same than we are different.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an ethnic challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Easy; behavioral questions, the manager who conducted the interview was very nice and polite. She didn't try to trick me. I met with 2 managers during the interview, and each asked a series of behavioral interview questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where.... A customer asks a question about an item you are not familiar with....   Answer Question

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied through the website and got a call from HR months later. I didn't even remember applying but accepted the interview. I'm guessing I was on a list and finally got picked. The actual interview took place in the HR office with the store manager and was quite relaxed but still formal. A few days later I got a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the last time you helped someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

7 question situational format I.e what would you do if..., or tell me about a time when.... read Ken Blanchard's situational leadership, it will help a lot for interviews

Interview Questions

• Learn situational leadership by Ken Blanchard, to be successful in Lowe's interviews   Answer Question

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

This interview process was simple and straight-forward. I went there to shop for an item and noticed a large banner that the Chamblee, GA location was hiring and I applied. I received a callback from HR asking if I could come in and I did. I interviewed with two managers, one at a time. They asked a couple of behavior-style questions which I related to past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lowe's? Type of experience? Availability? Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer? Describe a time when you had an angry customer?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

There was a series of behavioral based questions conducted in two interviews. The first interview was with the HR manager and the second interview was with an assistant store manager.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are pre scripted behavior. Such as, tell me about a time you.......   Answer Question