Lowe's Interview Questions

2.6

Seasonal Garden Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marble Falls, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marble Falls, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I was called on a Friday and interviewed on the following Tuesday. I was interviewed by the HR rep- behavioral questions. After the HR rep finished I was interviewed by the Store manager- similar questions. It was a pleasant experience, and relaxed. I was called later that afternoon and told that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was offered a little less than $10/hr and full time during the seasonal period (February to July). But, I have found out that it is higher than other retail businesses in the area.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

Applied Online. Got a phone Call 2 days later to set up interview for next day. Got a call 4 weeks later...offered me the job and asked to come up for a drug test/background check. The reason it took so long is said is b/c she interviewed all the seasonal applicants.

Well I only had one interview and it was with the store manager. I came in sat down and she had about 5 pieces of paper each with one question on it. She asked me the 5 questions and wrote down my answer on each paper. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes and all the questions were based on past experience as many others have said about Lowes.
    Basic structure of the interviews questions were "Name a time when..." followed by "What did you do/How did you handle it"

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to do a duty on the job that was potentially dangerous.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to lead your co-workers.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to take on a major project by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you caught or saw a co-working doing something unethical, like stealing.   Answer Question

Fsa Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

interview was for 10am I arrived at 9.45am went to customer service told them to tell HR I was here for interview with them for FSA vacancy. I was told they was on the way to meet me 20 minutes later they met me took me to the break room said to take a seat they will be with me shortly. now I'm waiting another 10 minutes still no one and now nerves started to set in. another 10 minutes before I was seen for the interview so nervous I couldn't relax and I think that's why I could not answer the questions correctly and I blew it did not get the job.

Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I applied online, then the next day I was called in for an interview. I was interviewed by two people. From a HR personal and the front end manager. The interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a series of questions about pass work incidents that I've been in. How did I solved it or tell how the end results where.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tullahoma, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Tullahoma, TN

Interviewed by the assistant store manager over the administrative area of the store as well as the administrative department manager. They each had a list of different questions that appeared to be a standardized corporate interviewing packet, and they took turns asking their respective questions taking notes on my answers. After my interview a decision was made within the week, and I was given follow-up advice on my interview, and I was offered to be worked with on my experience in the company so that I would be better qualified if a similar position opened up as I was a current employee at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you told someone something wrong about a company policy or practice and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

The process is quite simple. They go through your app and questionnaire electronically. Then if you make it through that you will get a call from a human resources person asking you for an interview. From there they will set you up a time and place for said interview. That's when you let your charm loose.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of "tell me a situation when ________ happened." A lot of life and work situations. Pretty simple stuff.   View Answer

Base Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I had Applied online for the base agent position. it took about three weeks when i was contacted and invited in for an interview. The interviewer was very nice and down to earth! Two days later i was called and offered the position!!!

Plumbing Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

Interview was basic. They have a new interview process that asked a couple more questions than usual. All and all it was very pleasant and took about 15 minutes. Went back 2 days later to take mouth swab test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you had to deal with a customer that was unhappy with a product and what did you do to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Unload Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

Applied online and took the assessment, Got a call a week later By Hr Manager for Interview. Aced interview situation type ?'s. Easy because I was just recently let go from Orange Box. Next day second interview with Asst. Manager same type but we talked a lot about the industry but stayed on topic. He let me know a Dept. Manager Position was newly available and that I should be getting a call back from Hr. Manager in a few days. Still had other interviews to finish. Still waiting after a week now......

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had promised a customer something but didn't have it. What was it about and how did you resolve it.   View Answer

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Was a pain to do the on-line app. It was long and boring. Had a math test just to work in stock and they don't tell you the pay before hand.