Lowe's

Relevance Date Difficulty

CSA Interview

CSA

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – First interview over the phone. Second interview in person. Seven questions from each interviewer. I don't think actual circumstance matters as much as using keywords which describe you as a level headed person.

Interview Question – Recall a time a coworker/manager criticized you. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Mooresville, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2012.

Interview Details – It long for me to get into Lowe's. I am an employee who requires sponsorship. It will take more time to join lowe's after the offer letter is given. Lowe's has one technical round over phone & then 1:1 technical round & Panel round. Negotiation took lot of time with HR.

Interview Question – Difficult situations that I have been in previous expernice & how did I come out it.   Answer Question

Flooring Sales Specialist Interview

Flooring Sales Specialist
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was with the HR and one of the ASM of the store. They asked you several question and scenarios while taking note of answers.Most of the questions pertain to a persons ability to provide customer service in less than ideal situations.The Lowe's IMPACT model is very important to know, also trying to get credit app.

Interview Question – Very straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you and amount you can take it or leave it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Simple interview, very quick process. I applied online to the position and within 10 days had the interview, was given the offer and within the next week had started the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Yakima, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2011.

Interview Details – Received an e-mail late on Friday night asking me to come in at 6am on Saturday morning. HR said it was a test. I filled out my availability and did a second interview the same week. I was given a job offer. Pay went up one dollar an hour after "seasonal" position was over and i became permanent.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to work with a group to complete a project. How did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
Wake Forest, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Interview Details – It went well - if you get a call, show up ahead of schedule. Make eye contact, smile, and be prepared to answer questions. Since you will be dealing with customers, they are looking for someone who is able to interact well with other associates as well as providing great customer service.

Interview Question – You will get several questions that start with, "Tell me about a time ...." It might be, you dealt with a difficult customer or you worked on a project with someone else or when another employee wasn't doing his or her job and how you dealt with the situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an entry level position so no negotiations.

CSA Garden Interview

CSA Garden

I interviewed at Lowe's in June 2011.

Interview Details – Great interview process. Meetings with Store and Assistant managers. Questions range from past experiences at jobs and in life. Knowledge of the department you are applying for is a HUGE advantage. Past experience in certain areas will help pay scale.

Interview Question – Name a time you positively affected your community.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are applying for the garden dept, past experience in landscaping or any related field will boost hourly pay, seeing how they type in what youve done and it spits out an hourly wage. Overall, it wasn't a bad interview process, just don't be nervous, come prepared, and even though its a hardware store...DRESS NICE (shirt and tie).

Cashier - Front End Interview

Cashier - Front End

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews, first for confirmation of the postion you applied for. 2nd interview to ask you questions: why should we offer you this postion? are you good working in a team? etc. Take an oral drug test. if hired the job offer come in 4-5 days via phone call.

Interview Question – like any job interview, sell yourself make them want to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay, which is hourly and paid every two weeks. be sure to let them know if you have any plans (trips, vacations, school orientation, funerals etc) so they can accomodate

Customer Service Associate: WETeam Interview

Customer Service Associate: WETeam
Bethlehem, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

Interview Details – Once you apply, you will be contacted by the HR manager at the store if you meet the pre-qualifications they are looking for, for the position you are applying to. Once an appointment is scheduled, come prepared! Dress appropriately for a corporate style interview. Be well rested and prepared for a slew of questions. Some questions will be: "If a customer wanted to know where an item is in the store, what would you do/tell them?" ...another question could be like... "An angry or upset customer s in front of you, how would you handle the situation to resolve the issue?"

Interview Question – "Why do you feel Lowe's should hire you for this position?" While not unexpected...it is a difficult question for most. You have to SELL yourself to them...make it from the gut/heart and be short, but precise. You are selling them yourself as the best candidate for the position. Remember...its retail...there usually is several others interested in the same slot!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are going to negotiate, know what you are worth in that sector of the market. You may be "worth" $35 per hour, but if the position/market in which you are applying to is in the $10-15 range...then understand that and plan accordingly. If offered $10 you could say: "Thank you for the offer, I would like to counter the offer of $10 per hour as I feel I bring a high level of customer service and knowledge to this company which at $15 per hour is a value for the company."

Worst case they will say "no"...but if they also feel you are worth it...they may either accept or counter your offer with a more mid-range salary. Remember, the goal of management is to acquire the best talent at the lowest price. That's always the goal of any company. Once you "PROVE" you are worth the investment...if you move up in the company...then you have much more leverage for negotiations for better pay.

Marble Falls, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Interview Details – What I was offered and what I received were not the same. HR personel have no training or education in that position. Interview time was changed 3 times because she was off (drove there 2 to be told to call back later)

Interview Question – HR personal not very engaged in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – turned out to be untrue