Lowe's Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Service/Return Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

Received phone call from HR director to set up interview. Interviewed first with HR director. Six questions that consisted of only "Tell me about a time when..." scenarios. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer; tell me about a time when you told a customer the wrong information and what you did to correct it; tell me about a time when you dealt with an angry customer; etc. After that interview, the HR director set up an interview with the supervisor over the Customer Service/Return Desk. That interview also consisted of "Tell me about a time when" questions. I think they grade your responses as you answer. I was disappointed because they said they would be in touch with all interviewees to let them know of their decision, one way or the other, yet they never gave me a call back. It's unprofessional to leave people hanging.

Interview Questions
    • They weren't that difficult, it's just difficult if you've never been in one of those situations.   Answer Question

Unload Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call a week later to set up an interview. First, I met with the manager and he gave me the first interview. Then, another employee came in to give me a second interview. Overall, I felt the process went smoothly and quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us?
      What would you do if...? (work related)
      Explain a time when... (work related)
        Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

The interview was for college graduates taking place on Purdue University's campus. The position is pretty general "IT Specialist" but it was for the college program where you complete a 2-3 month rotation as an "IT Specialist" then you can choose to be a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Developer.

I didn't interview with the recruiter (who was there interviewing other candidates) I interviewed with the Project Manager who is actually the boss of many of the positions you are pursuing after you finish your first 2-3 month in the college rotation.

The interview was fairly simple, mostly behavioral, the more experience you have the better. He gave about 8-10 questions and at the beginning of the interview told me to use a different example or scenario for each one (school projects, or work).

Questions included: \
    - Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person, and how did you handle it? What was the outcome?
    - Name a time when you had a disagreement with someone, what was the outcome?
    - Name a time when you had to do something multiple times to figure it out. Did you figure it out? What was the outcome?
    - Assume you are put on a project with someone you know doesn't work well with others. How would you handle it? How would you approach it?

TECHNICAL
    - Tell me how you would create a process flow diagram for making a sandwich.

I can't remember all the rest but this was the majority. Like I said the more experience you have the easier it is.

He told me they had a few more Universities to go to and that I would hear something sometime in the next month.

Interview Questions
    • Assume you are put on a project with someone you know doesn't work well with others. How would you handle it? How would you approach it?   View Answer
    The exceeded my expectation. by about 8 thousand dollars a year plus bonuses. Also gave me 5k for accepting the offer, and I live about 9 hours away from their HQ, and they are paying for all my moving expenses.

CSA IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

I was an internal candidate from another Lowe's store.

After applying the store called my old store for an evaluation from my assistant store manager, and HR manager, before calling me in. Met with HR manager for my first interview, and came back the next day for an interview with an assistant store manager. Neither interview was especially difficult, and both interviewers were polite and professional.

After a quick evaluation process, Saturday to Monday in my case, I was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult customer. What did you do? What was the overall result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where a supervisor criticized your work.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay dictated by a computer program.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH

For weekend shift Fri 5-10 Sat and Sun 9-5. Got phone call scheduled interview for a few days later. Initial HR interview was only about 10 minutes with about 20 minutes of waiting. Reviewed work history and what job entailed. Questions centered around abilities and past experience. Got second interview with manager then and there. Form read questions all centered on how I handled difficult situations in past work experiences; dealing with problem people or making mistakes. Felt like I did well but my availability was sketchy for a set work schedule they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a mistake you have made while working.   View Answer

Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

They seemed a bit desperate, as they called me twice to schedule an interview. It was for a seasonal outside lawn and garden position. First I met with the HR manager, who asked me some basic questions like "tell me about yourself." Nothing complicated. Then she sent me for a second interview with the department manager. He asked me a lot of detailed questions like "Tell me about a time where you had to work in a group" or "tell me about a challenge you faced in your last job." I gave some long, detailed answers and seemed to like them. Then they sent me for a THIRD interview with the store manager. He offered me the job on the spot. It was a pretty in-depth interview, but it all happened in one day. They gave me a mouth swab drug test the same day after they hired me. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a situation where you were unsuccessful in your last job"   Answer Question

Loss Prevention and Safety Manager Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

First got a phone call from a lady in Chicago of all places. She was doing a phone screen. All questions were for an entry level position. She said someone from the store would review the answers and call me. Nobody did. Tried for same position for another location , was on phone with one gentleman with a lady in the back ground. Went well , they said they were very interested. However they said the position has been filled. " I'm thinking what was the point of calling then? " In all , the questions were very basic hardly related to a manager level. Since then, it has been a big turn off. Even as a consumer there.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's.

the hiring and interview process was quick, 3 interviews and drug text.You wait like a month after you pass the interviews. After you are aproved they give an store tour and introduce to all employee.

Online Traffic Manager Interview

I had an initial phone interview, then had on site interview with panel of about 6 other managers that I would be working with. The position was new and not very defined so most of the questions were general information about how I manage people and processes. The entire process took about 3 weeks and they were very flexible with my start date.

Interview Questions
    There's not much negotiating of salary.

Pro Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matamoras, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matamoras, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

When I was hired it was simple process, but then again that was 8 years ago , it has changed now, its more difficult, there are more questions that need to be answered and trick questions. However they seem to hire people now with no experience because they save money

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever made a mistake, how did you handle it   Answer Question
    simple, they paid me more money and commission at the time, they recruited me from home depot